• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2019/20 Regular Season |OT| Warriors......come out to play

cormack12

Gold Member
Thought I'd throw together a community thread for the regular season for the NBA fans as pre season gets underway.

Eastern Conference​
bos.png
bkn.png
ny.png
phi.png
tor.png
chi.png
cle.png
det.png
ind.png
mil.png
atl.png
cha.png
mia.png
orl.png
wsh.png

Western Conference​
gs.png
lac.png
lal.png
phx.png
sac.png
den.png
min.png
okc.png
por.png
utah.png
dal.png
hou.png
mem.png
no.png
sa.png

jshhbFW8vTv7rH_PZJ0gfiwNty_L38Fm31-qHsNa_I6l6sRZNXXtVXY6pnU9UhuQjaFO9H4jE6p6URzJQ_ixZh_gG4f4Vmrz9DVgOBB9VWnUu07Uo7AHIQB0wp_fVHLSCNk10IOJ
BmDwMDAmvKEoKneqXHexHkPmK8D1D9bx65_e3RFyEBECUnjm1VBhJ47b_Pe-HAI4U4OFhHOtcgDlGd09t9SfNoduKTesstcgmIVmGn1ZtFWSjFz7wnq0yVCbyL2yRJPviAUoYP-a

Xk-YB6BHAOky3a29nW9BtP9iOm1kec8-eBFpU3kQG4RK70QX7CJ289qmDJXWUhHTmptrFZlV5mtK2TBl9CQs6fqf18jic9wGym2LEoW4d80QbCIvcPy4fmiNvQnGyFk3tEXXGl_2
86nu1vm_Lb0ws3Z2WBWUUCW1aHzfZQr2DXd1vyKcL96nPT5bg3CIsuh1asm-HZqxk9rArxiXRwvnZ8keGwokOlLZKp30fUQ-BOjZKiG_fI2JXuZhnLl6_4WWArvhIKtdIRW0n8IF

Odds To Win The 2019-20 NBA Championship
Team​
Odds​
Los Angeles Lakers+300
Los Angeles Clippers+350
Milwaukee Bucks+600
Philadelphia 76ers+750
Houston Rockets+850
Golden State Warriors+1000
Utah Jazz+1200
Denver Nuggets+1800
Boston Celtics+2500
Brooklyn Nets+2500
Portland Trail Blazers+3300
Toronto Raptors+3300
Indiana Pacers+4500
Miami Heat+6000

Talking points/season stories
Two New Rule Changes Take Effect
There are two new NBA rules that will take effect for at least the 2019-20 season: the ability to trigger instant replay circumstantially and the coach’s challenge.

NBA officials will have the ability to call on instant replay for certain calls that are tough to determine in real time. Additionally, coaches will have the opportunity to challenge one play per game that can be overturned depending on what the replay shows.

Who are the favourites?
The Warriors, with their player losses, are no longer the big powerhouse looming over the rest of the league. The defending champion Toronto Raptors lost their clear best player in Kawhi Leonard. The Bucks, who dominated the regular season last season, lost some key players.

The projected top teams (76ers, Bucks, Clippers, Jazz, Lakers, Nuggets, Rockets) have multiple new key players to integrate and the fits of their rosters are still somewhat unknown. The Bucks and Warriors are two other teams who could crash the championship party, but they don’t have stacked rosters by any means.

L.A. expects
Los Angeles basketball fans are undoubtedly pumped about the upcoming season, no matter whether they cheer for the Lakers or Clippers.

The Lakers swung a blockbuster trade, giving up three young prospects and the No. 4 overall draft pick this summer for the best big man in the NBA, Anthony Davis. The Clippers signed reigning Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard in free agency and also acquired Paul George via trade in exchange for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari and a whopping five first-round draft picks.

Curry will be unleashed
Stephen Curry will finally be unleashed on offense. D’Angelo Russell is the team’s only other big scoring threat until Thompson comes back. That means Curry will be given all sorts of opportunities to score with big volume. He is going to have some huge games where the Warriors need each and every one of the silky jump shots he makes.

Golden State will still be a good team, and probably even a very good team, once Thompson returns from his injury. Curry’s offensive explosions will just be a lot more necessary than they were in the past several seasons.

highrider

Banned
I think Golden State is hurting clearly but is still a force. I’m most impressed with LA and Dallas. If Porzingis can stay healthy they are scary. Obviously Clippers are strong, defensive all star team pretty much.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Super excited for the season. Seems like there could be a lot of moves made by the deadline.

Beal, Love, CP, Lowry, Russell and others could all be on the move.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Really looking forward to this season now that Golden State isn't same as they've been in the past. Hopefully the Lakers can take a huge step forward this year and finally win it all.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Fans need to wake up on Love getting traded he’s led trade talks since 2014 and guess what, still a Cavalier.

demigod

I don't like the Clippers but damn Kawhi is on there so now i'm going to root for them. I doubt my Spurs will win anything.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Fans need to wake up on Love getting traded he’s led trade talks since 2014 and guess what, still a Cavalier.

It’s going to be a very difficult to move his contract, at his age and injury history, but I can see a contender getting desperate. Portland, Houston, Miami and maybe Celtics could make a move for him.

For me, I hope that my Suns can finally find a system that they can run, and utilize Booker and Ayton effectively.

Always liked Rubio, now I get to see how he does here. Not expecting playoffs or anything like that, but at least some signs of a foundation.

The only hope is that Sarver finally sells the team. What a shit owner.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
For me, I hope that my Suns can finally find a system that they can run, and utilize Booker and Ayton effectively.

Always liked Rubio, now I get to see how he does here. Not expecting playoffs or anything like that, but at least some signs of a foundation.

The only hope is that Sarver finally sells the team. What a shit owner.

I really like Rubio too, but the Suns are still a ways from competing. I would be making a phone call to OKC tho and see what it would take to get Adams to Phoenix and make a play for Ibaka. Rubio, Booker, Ibaka, Adams is a really good team.

I really like Rubio too, but the Suns are still a ways from competing. I would be making a phone call to OKC tho and see what it would take to get Adams to Phoenix and make a play for Ibaka. Rubio, Booker, Ibaka, Adams is a really good team.

Oh yeah, they're a few years away from being a few years away, to quote Michael Wilbon. But you gotta start somewhere, and you have a legit scoring option in Booker, so the potential is there to get something rolling.

Never thought that becoming a fan during the Nash years would lead me to this, but here we are :)

Orpheum

...Go Suns...Yeah...

they didn't look horrendous during pre-season so far though... aside from the kings game

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I don't like the Clippers but damn Kawhi is on there so now i'm going to root for them. I doubt my Spurs will win anything.

Reckon MVP season?

When does the regular season actually start?

22nd/23rd depending on your teams schedule.

I've been watching the Blazers pre season and they've looked a little rusty in attack (roster rotation aside). CJ and Lillard looking good though. Was really impressed with the Suns, their 3 point game was .....on point.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Reckon MVP season?

22nd/23rd depending on your teams schedule.

I've been watching the Blazers pre season and they've looked a little rusty in attack (roster rotation aside). CJ and Lillard looking good though. Was really impressed with the Suns, their 3 point game was .....on point.

I watched some Blazers highlights. They’re a team that is a piece away, and they have the maneuverability to make it happen!

LordVader

Neo Member
Big Grizzlies fan here. Obviously not many people here will care about them lol but Ja Morant and Jaren Jackson Jr are about to become stars in the next 3-5 years.

I put a little money on the Warriors winning the ‘ship this morning at +900. Them being that low seems a little asinine to me. Klay will be back and rolling by the time the playoffs arrive. ACL tears are not as bad as they used to be especially for someone like Klay who doesn’t use his athleticism for everything he does.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just saw the highlights of the warriors/lakers game last night... the Lakers are going to be so much fun to watch this season.

Corrik

Eh. Like who?
I like the Heat. I liked the Timberwolves when Garnet played for them. I like Kyrie and like Cleveland when Lebron and Kyrie played there. I might be jumping on the Bulls bandwagon with my boy Coby White there.

And, to whoever said jump on the Clippers ship, west coast means you miss too many games due to time zones. I'll pass.

Football
Eagles = Dolphins

Dolphins because of Marino when I was growing up.
Eagles because of McNabb and Westbrook.

NCAAF
Florida St >
UNC >
Pitt >

NCAAB
UNC >
Pitt

Hockey
New Jersey - Elias, Brodeur >
Philly - Lindross

Basketball
Heat - Tim Hardaway initially lol

Baseball
Marlins = Red Sox

Dthomp

Valiant effort from the Pels, I thought they had a good shot to win tonight, but then they put Favors back in and he did them...well no Favors. Pels really need a go to guy on the offensive side, and I'm not sure Zion was going to be that guy anyways. Everybody looks very passive when they have the ball and not being aggressive. Engram needs to take that step mentally, and maybe eat a hamburger.

Edit- On a side note, I get there was overtime but it's sure nice that defense is still completely optional :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom