• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2020-2021 Regular Season lOTl

Cutty Flam

Banned
Passed on Brown for Ingram, passed on Tatum for Lonzo Ball. Still won a chip anyway. Lakers are like a teenager playing 2K on crack.
Not gonna lie, Ingram I liked the way he took it to the cup and his length, only issue was he lacked the NBA body to fully utilize his skillset

The most upsetting was passing on Jayson Tatum. He was born to play for the Lakers and lead a new era. Got Bron and AD now but I still like Tatum’s game a lot. Was proud to see the man take down MIL the way he did. 28 FGA is next level. Brown as well, they’re ready to take this all the way. Only issue is idk if their teammates are prepared

Not gonna lie, Ingram I liked the way he took it to the cup and his length, only issue was he lacked the NBA body to fully utilize his skillset

The most upsetting was passing on Jayson Tatum. He was born to play for the Lakers and lead a new era. Got Bron and AD now but I still like Tatum’s game a lot. Was proud to see the man take down MIL the way he did. 28 FGA is next level. Brown as well, they’re ready to take this all the way. Only issue is idk if their teammates are prepared

Very poor roster around them right now, essentially trading Terry for Kemba might be the biggest fuckup of Danny's career. Smart is an incredible player, but he's a complimentary piece that can't score. Then that's pretty much it right now. Unless Danny has a plan, the C's aren't really going anywhere. And I struggle to see the plan.

But hitting on Brown and Tatum back to back was a masterpiece. I wanted Dragan Bender and Fultz in those drafts btw.

Just quoted you to link this. Play of xmas.

Sweet move! I wish he and Bam had been fully healthy for the finals. Maybe it wouldn't had changed anything but it certainly would've been more competitive.

Anyways we played a full game today from start to finish. Glad to see everyone stepping up, specially with Buttler banged up.

Dthomp

Very poor roster around them right now, essentially trading Terry for Kemba might be the biggest fuckup of Danny's career. Smart is an incredible player, but he's a complimentary piece that can't score. Then that's pretty much it right now. Unless Danny has a plan, the C's aren't really going anywhere. And I struggle to see the plan.

But hitting on Brown and Tatum back to back was a masterpiece. I wanted Dragan Bender and Fultz in those drafts btw.

I loved getting rid of Terry, he was awful, but man we really didn't get the upgrade we needed. I love Kemba, but an undersized guard with a knee that will never be the same is just hard to rely on. Glad to see someone that sees our roster in the proper light. Celtics subreddit is way to full of fanboys that just don't see that outside of JB and Tatum, we have nobody that can make some offense without it being a hassle. That starting lineup is puke worthy, and basically puts us into a spot where we will only win if JB and JT play perfect each night. Danny needs to get over drafting undersized PGs and SFs and ignoring playmaking and bigs. Thompson was actually a good signing, playing him at the 4 with Theis at the 5 is just bad, and with those two and Smart starting we have 2 dudes who can make a shot, way to easy to guard that.

Also, Tatum needs to stop settling for jumpers. ATTACK and you'll get calls, shooting 25 turnaround/fade-away jumpers isn't going to get calls. Gotta attack the way Giannis does.

Hopefully Danny doesn't choke that TPE and gets us some talent. I already miss Gordon, there is nobody on the team I have any faith in outside of JB/JT to put up points. I don't think Kemba will ever be the same, and he certainly gets exposed in the playoffs. To me, we are in a rough spot, we kept WAY to many of the 1sts Danny stocked up on that should have been dealt for actual talent. We have a whole roster of guys who should be the 10th guy on a winning team, but they are our 5-7 guys.

Dthomp

Do we even have anything to offer in a package? JB and JT are untouchable of course.

Is JB isn't in play, I don't see any world we can make a real offer. We don't have any 1sts outside of our own now (Which are shit if we add Harden). I get thinking about getting Harden, cause as much as I hate his game, he's still a top player in the league so I'm not sure what is overpaying for a player like that. Lakers did it for AD and it worked out for them. I have asked the question before though that I'm still not sold that Tatum is the better player then JB. JB has looked better in two games this season, and attacks.

That contract is also gonna be hard to match without gutting our already slim lineup. IF there was a deal where we could send Kemba and a bundle I'd do that in a heartbeat, cause having a guy like Harden that can get you in the penalty every quarter is an undervalued tactic. Our best deal that doesn't include JB/JT would have to be Kemba/Smart or Theis/Picks (Carson? Tremont?) for Harden/Tucker, but would still likely need a 3rd team to move Kemba off to since Wall/Kemba would be bad.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I would love to see the finals replayed with a healthy Dragic. I’m not saying the Heat win, but it would’ve been interesting at least.
Would the Heat have won with Dragic and Bam? I don’t know either. What I do know is that they were worth at least one more win, which would have taken the series to 7.

I loved getting rid of Terry, he was awful, but man we really didn't get the upgrade we needed.

Terry probably was punted because he was really atrocious in final season and dude had some toxic red flags about him, he did himself no favors. But man, he's exactly the kind of player we'd need right now. Someone who runs the offense and can create for himself and shoot from outside. Like you said, Kemba is an awesome dude, but those knees might be FUBAR. I seriously think the Celtics are cursed like holy fuck how much bad luck can you get?

Dthomp

Terry probably was punted because he was really atrocious in final season and dude had some toxic red flags about him, he did himself no favors. But man, he's exactly the kind of player we'd need right now. Someone who runs the offense and can create for himself and shoot from outside. Like you said, Kemba is an awesome dude, but those knees might be FUBAR. I seriously think the Celtics are cursed like holy fuck how much bad luck can you get?

For sure, my issue with Terry is the same one I have with Marcus. They can just shoot you out of games because they keep shooting even when cold. Terry was trying to get paid, and I get that and can appreciate it, but when you are surrounded by BETTER talent and your job is to facilitate then that's your job. Take the open shot, don't look for your number every time down. I fully believe we are cursed, just shit bad luck. Gordon is hugely missed, and we got nothing out of him unless Danny can move some of these young bums and use that TPE and bring in a couple good vets. I mean, Derrick Rose is just hanging out in Detroit waiting for somebody to make a move. There is instant offense off the bench, and my god we need offense.

Amory

I wish Danny had the sack to bring Harden to Boston. He's in love with the idea that he already has a championship roster, he just has to sit back and watch Tatum and Brown develop. Despite that idea being, you know, wrong.

EruditeHobo

I wish Danny had the sack to bring Harden to Boston. He's in love with the idea that he already has a championship roster, he just has to sit back and watch Tatum and Brown develop. Despite that idea being, you know, wrong.

How is Harden going to help in that respect? What about Harden screams "championship" to you? What would that asset package look like? I'd think Tatum is untouchable, but honestly how good would you really expect that duo to be together?

I don't know who I'd trust Harden with at this point. Jokic? Can Denver trade for him? The idea of seeing Jokic's dyanmism sidelined for the 10th Harden ISO in a row is pretty depressing to me. Who else... Embiid? Some of the remaining crew in NO?

Think the writing is on the wall for Harden at this point.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Gold Member
My Knicks still trash
Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

No, but really, fun game to watch tonight. As a fellow Knicks fan, I'd like to thank the Bucks for continuing to heave up 3's despite not being able to buy one. The game was half strong showing from the Knicks, half flat out horrendous shooting by the Bucks.

Randle has really impressed me so far. Besides being in better shape, he seems to have all but eliminated that annoying spin move/automatic turnover from his moveset. It was also cool to see Frank drain those 3's - I'm not a Frank fan (other than appreciating his defense), but he seems like a nice kid, so I'm also pulling for him.

EruditeHobo

I loved Randle as a Laker. Inconsistent, sure, but even early he always displayed a raw skillset which you could see translating to real success in the league.

Cutty Flam

Banned
We beat them by 1 point in the 2nd half and 50 pts in the first half.
Just unloaded on the huh? A barrage of threes or was the offense just flowing / every player was in sync with each other? I've never hear of such a bizarre game. A WCF-caliber team getting blown out by 51 pts? Lou Williams didn't even score a single point.........Whatever happened, I'm glad it happened to the Clippers lmao

bender

What time is it?
Just unloaded on the huh? A barrage of threes or was the offense just flowing / every player was in sync with each other? I've never hear of such a bizarre game. A WCF-caliber team getting blown out by 51 pts? Lou Williams didn't even score a single point.........Whatever happened, I'm glad it happened to the Clippers lmao

I'm not even sure Lou even played. No KL for the Clips but no KP for the Mavs. We finally rebounded and they couldn't buy a bucket. Just look at their three point shooting percentage. The 4th quarter was basically all reserves.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I'm not even sure Lou even played. No KL for the Clips but no KP for the Mavs. We finally rebounded and they couldn't buy a bucket. Just look at their three point shooting percentage. The 4th quarter was basically all reserves.
It's poetic, seeing the Clippers fail this hard. Kawhi sitting out because he doesn't want to aggravate his little baby cut on his poor lip. The way it happened in the first place was hilarious to me. Fucking Serg Ibaka crashing the boards late as fuck, thinking he can grab a rebound 16ft in the air lmao comes crashing down right on his own teammate and then they get curb stomped next game. What a sequence

Clippers have no excuse, getting blown out by 51 pts is insane Kawhi or not. What the hell was Wayoff P doing out there lol

bender

What time is it?
It's poetic, seeing the Clippers fail this hard. Kawhi sitting out because he doesn't want to aggravate his little baby cut on his poor lip. The way it happened in the first place was hilarious to me. Fucking Serg Ibaka crashing the boards late as fuck, thinking he can grab a rebound 16ft in the air lmao comes crashing down right on his own teammate and then they get curb stomped next game. What a sequence

Clippers have no excuse, getting blown out by 51 pts is insane Kawhi or not. What the hell was Wayoff P doing out there lol

It was fun to watch. Even our scrubs and this years draft picks looked like Harlem Globetrotters.

MastAndo

Gold Member
I loved Randle as a Laker. Inconsistent, sure, but even early he always displayed a raw skillset which you could see translating to real success in the league.
Yeah, don't get me wrong - I'm not about to crap on a guy who has been averaging close to 20/10 as a Knick, as his overall production has been good. He just looks different this year. It's early, but he just seems more composed.

Also, just going to leave this here;

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
How is Harden going to help in that respect? What about Harden screams "championship" to you? What would that asset package look like? I'd think Tatum is untouchable, but honestly how good would you really expect that duo to be together?

I don't know who I'd trust Harden with at this point. Jokic? Can Denver trade for him? The idea of seeing Jokic's dyanmism sidelined for the 10th Harden ISO in a row is pretty depressing to me. Who else... Embiid? Some of the remaining crew in NO?

Think the writing is on the wall for Harden at this point.

Harden was on a championship caliber team when they were up 3-2 over the Warriors before Chris Paul's hamstring injury.

My Nets squad!! we in here, best believe that 🦸

Season tix holders, we got refunded a while ago..gonna miss my live games. Its anyone's guess when we're allowed back in the arenas.

EruditeHobo

Harden was on a championship caliber team when they were up 3-2 over the Warriors before Chris Paul's hamstring injury.

I mean, he arguably shot them out of that series with 15% on 30 3s in game 7. Plus that was 2.5 years ago? We've seen a lot since then. I dunno...

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I mean, he arguably shot them out of that series with 15% on 30 3s in game 7. Plus that was 2.5 years ago? We've seen a lot since then. I dunno...

I don't know. I think a lot of people had money on the Rockets to win right before CP3 goes down.

Even MJ needed a team around him.

Dthomp

I'd take Harden...but not giving up Tatum or Brown for him so it's not happening. I do agree, Danny has waited too long and Boston just isn't a great enough place to draw free agents based on location. C's subreddit is just full of people ready to put PP and Neismith in the HOF already, and I view most of the bench guys as literal trash. So many of these picks the last few years should have been bundled and traded for someone who can help every night, not just occasionally. It's hard, cause our luck has just been bad with our deals last few years. Kyrie being a fucking knucklehead, Gordon losing a foot on day 1 and never really recovering, and then blamed for everything wrong with us so he left, selfish players just looking for theirs like Morris and Rozier, and now Kemba and his disappearing knee. Danny needs to stop hoarding undersized players and picks, I'm cool with building a roster around Brown and Tatum, but you need to get a legit bigman somehow cause our 4 and 5 spots are awful. Thompson is fine, but Theis and TImeloard? that ain't winning a title.

Amory

I'd take Harden...but not giving up Tatum or Brown for him so it's not happening. I do agree, Danny has waited too long and Boston just isn't a great enough place to draw free agents based on location. C's subreddit is just full of people ready to put PP and Neismith in the HOF already, and I view most of the bench guys as literal trash. So many of these picks the last few years should have been bundled and traded for someone who can help every night, not just occasionally. It's hard, cause our luck has just been bad with our deals last few years. Kyrie being a fucking knucklehead, Gordon losing a foot on day 1 and never really recovering, and then blamed for everything wrong with us so he left, selfish players just looking for theirs like Morris and Rozier, and now Kemba and his disappearing knee. Danny needs to stop hoarding undersized players and picks, I'm cool with building a roster around Brown and Tatum, but you need to get a legit bigman somehow cause our 4 and 5 spots are awful. Thompson is fine, but Theis and TImeloard? that ain't winning a title.
I don't think Tatum and Brown are #1 and 2 players on a championship team. I think Brown could probably be the 2nd best guy on a well rounded roster. But if Tatum's the best player I think we're gonna flame out in the ECF at best, year after year. So something is going to have to be done. Idk that Harden is the answer (he probably isn't) but right now the Celtics are the definition of a treadmill team.

I can't believe the teflon Danny's got on him. His stock peaked with the Kyrie trade and has been trending down ever since, but it's like sacrilege among C's fans to question him.

On an unrelated note I gotta say, even though Celtics fans fall in love with all of their rookies I really like Pritchard. Kid looks like a steal at the position we drafted him

Orpheum

Yo what the fuck is up with the Suns, they do actually look really good! It's probably the best defense in... ever??? What a atart to the season man, i'm so happy

Celcius

°Temp. member
What’s up with all of these games being on league pass or nba tv lately? I was looking forward to watching some basketball with my family this weekend but nothing on espn, tnt, etc...

Because we live in Dallas we used to be able to get all the Mavs games on a local channel but they don’t even get the Mavs games anymore.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Yo what the fuck is up with the Suns, they do actually look really good! It's probably the best defense in... ever??? What a atart to the season man, i'm so happy
Last night's game they were up ten in the fourth and for the longest time they could not buy a bucket. Offense looked so fucked. CP3 essentially had to take over and put the game in his hands. I like Cam Johnson, I think Devin Booker needs to shoot more and take care of the ball MUCH better going forward. Besides that, Suns are going to compete this year, I like it. It's always more fun when the Phoenix Suns are in it imo
What’s up with all of these games being on league pass or nba tv lately? I was looking forward to watching some basketball with my family this weekend but nothing on espn, tnt, etc...

Because we live in Dallas we used to be able to get all the Mavs games on a local channel but they don’t even get the Mavs games anymore.
Noticed that too, no Lakers or Clippers games here as well unless it's on ESPN, TNT, etc. when they used to be included. What I think it is, is that the NBA is taking such a hit from having no fans, not ticket sales and such that they were probably forced to rely on the cable networks or something...I know they're hurting though and eating the loss from zero tickets sales. That was probably the entire purpose of the games on tv I think, to entice fans to attend the games and experience it live

Cutty Flam

Banned
That's because Ingram > Brown and he's catching up to Tatum
I’d say at this point Jaylen Brown is the better player. At least from what we’ve seen so far this early into the season. He’s a superstar now. Last year he improved a lot, and he’s stepped it up even more since October it seems. All three are ballers though

I’d say at this point Jaylen Brown is the better player. At least from what we’ve seen so far this early into the season. He’s a superstar now. Last year he improved a lot, and he’s stepped it up even more since October it seems. All three are ballers though

Ingram has improved his numbers again being the number 1 option. I'd say Brown would have him on defense though

Mista

Banned
I like the current Lakers team. They're slowly getting into harmony

Mont is a beast! Always loved how aggressive he is but of course he won't shine in a shite team like the Clippers

saw Nets lose to the Wizards last night. when the game got close at the end, it was Westbrook that caused the Wizards to lose their lead. Beal had to bail them out with 2 big plays to win. hopefully Westbrook can realize he is a true #2.

Top Bottom