• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2022-2023 Regular Season and Playoffs lOTl

Who will win the NBA championship?

• Warriors

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Suns

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nuggets

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Wizards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nets

• Bulls

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Mavericks

• Jazz

• Clippers

• Cavaliers

• Heat

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • 76ers

• Lakers

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Grizzlies

• Trailblazers

• Knicks

• Hornets

• Raptors

• Thunder

• Celtics

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Kings

• Bucks

• Spurs

• Pacers

• Hawks

• Total voters

Marchizmo

4-2

olympics GIF by SB Nation

I got the Lakers and the Heat in a finals rematch from 2020, book it now

AD has been the best player of these playoffs. Sure Jokic and Curry can carry an offense but AD on defense is a beast. Opposing players change their shot when he's in the paint and he can stretch out as far as the 3 point line.

Marchizmo

AD has been the best player of these playoffs. Sure Jokic and Curry can carry an offense but AD on defense is a beast. Opposing players change their shot when he's in the paint and he can stretch out as far as the 3 point line.
AD has clearly been the best defensive player for the last 8 weeks or so, getting no recognition for DPOY is a joke.

warriors fans crying about not getting to the line when they shoot 50 3s and when they do drive, turn right back around when they see AD'S shadow.

Vestal

Gold Member
I would just like to say..

Scott Foster, what happens at MSG in Game 5 is on you :messenger_sunglasses:.. Jimmy had that look at the end of Game 2..

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Are we sure Durant and booker like one another? Seems like a fun little experiment every time with Durant who always fades in the conference or semis not including the warriors teams.

Embiid will need a hell of a game for the Sixers to have a shot at winning this series over Boston.

Edit: What a meltdown by the Sixers in the fourth quarter.
And Harden decided to be the most inconsistent mf to have ever lived in this series.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Fuck, missed a parlay payout paying 5-1. Looked reasonable.

Phx win
Booker 30 pts
Ayton 10 rebounds

Ayton got 8. He had 7 at the half, and got his last one in the last minute of the game!

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Ayton is doodoo. They should’ve let him go after the piss poor NBA Finals vs the Bucks.

Im not great on NBA salary caps and trades and stuff but it was weird. They obviously didnt want to resign him for a max contract but just waited to see if anyone else woudl offer the max which the pacers did and then they matched which forces them to keep him at least one year.

Why not negotiate a sign and trade in advance of all that?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Playoffs show how meaningless the regular season is, and shows how you need to build your team. I could see the nba getting rid of the regular season all together.

Lunarorbit

Hoping for a banger game from Embiid and Tatum no matter who's winning.
But I do think that the Sixers will choke this somehow…
This could be the year that Philly finally beats Boston. Hardens been playing great and Tatums shot selection is looking like smarts did 5 years ago, which was bad 3 after bad 3.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
76ers shit the bed that game. All they did was feed Embiid and hope he one-man armys the team to victory.

What happened to James Harden? He used to drive the net. Now he just passes the ball and stands at the top of the 3 pt line waiting.

demigod

Oof, i was wrong about the Suns taking it. CP3 is always fucking injured. Ayton is a lil bitch, sill probably be traded. Guess i gotta go with Sixers.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Lakers advance to the WCF!
I’m also looking forward to seeing what changes golden state makes in the off season. I think the dynasty is over.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
The Lakers have the size to compete with Denver, but that man Jokic is no joke.

It should be an entertaining series.

Last edited:
The Lakers have the size to compete with Denver, but that man Jokic is no joke.

It should be an entertaining series.
Lakers have a history of playing Jokic very well. They pull him out to the perimeter and AD and Lebron have the foot speed to go around him.

Gordon and Porter Jr aren't the same young dudes from the bubble WCF in 2020. They seemed starstruck seeing Lebron across from them.

Vestal

Gold Member
Is Ja Morant the biggest idiot in the NBA?
Of this era? Absolutely.

It takes a special kind of idiot to do this again after it cost him 40mil the first time.

I’d suspend him for the season.

edit: This video says it all.. Its the problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom