• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 in real life...Yes this really happens in the game.

Watch this video

http://youtu.be/Q6S6YxMRLfo

Now tell me that stuff does not happen in NBA 2K14? For all the hate Madden gets every year 2K needs to be criticized just as much. Anyone who has played the game knows that these flaws are in the game and happen pretty frequently.

Maybe because live is so shitty that this stuff gets pushed to the side and 2K gets the glorious treatment but truth is...the game is crap and does not represent basketball more or less than madden portrays American Football.

Players not playing D, Missing an A- freethrow.. if it is not feasible to make an A- freethrow with a good freethrow shooter why have it? Its as silly as madden having spectacular catch and route running ratings for lineman!

Its sad it took a bunch of kids and a real life point of view to see how silly the stuff in the game actually is. 2K step it up! Your not making good product you once were. Luckily live is worst than this..as silly as that sounds.

Talon

I would like to introduce you to a modern invention that allows writers to separate clauses.

It is...the comma.

Sandfox

People complain about 2k all the time, but the only other option is Live and that has even more issues.

BONDO

Agree 100%
As a huge bball fan, 2k is garbage on so many levels. Same problems every year and its a damn shame its our only real option.

I may actually hold off on 2K15 after the mess that is 2k14 on ps4 imo. For me its just a buildup of frustrations over the years now.

Radec

People complain about 2k all the time, but the only other option is Live and that has even more issues.

NBA Elite in real life

Christ%20the%20Redeemer%203.jpg

oh man i laughed through that video so much, its all true!

you're right, 2k series deserves more criticism, just don't get it since they got monopoly on bball games.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
That video was awesome. Especially the players missing point blank layups but killing the 3.

Praying Live can get their stuff together next release. Alot of really good ideas in Live, but the basic gameplay is broken to hell.

As someone who spends a stupid amount of time playing the MyCareer mode of NBA 2K14 on PS4, this video made me laugh. Really dead on with so much of this. Especially the segment where the ball rolls to half court, everyone stares, then one dude picks it up and sloooooowly walks back to the end line. So freaking funny.

Even so, maybe I'm too forgiving but for crying out loud, the game gets a lot more right than it does wrong. I play it constantly and have a blast.

demolitio

That's why I'm waiting a few months to see how 15 is, especially online. The fact that it's basically always online yet their servers suck to the point where my friend and I never know when we can connect to play a game is enough to make me wait since that's what makes me play those games.

The Show online pisses me off even more but I buy that one for the SP at least. I just find it ironic that these developers talk about how much better next-gen gaming is yet screw up on some fundamental things that have been done in gaming for decades now. In The Show's case, it's the fact that they only get 9 months to develop the next game but online is something that should be top priority at this point even though they say it is each year.

NBA 2K really needs a true competitor at this point so they HAVE to do their best.

let's talk about the worst thing in nba 2k14. the godawful cutscenes where "real" nba players talk to you by nodding their heads and moving their arms, while your character is fully voiced. it's so bad.

nns3d

Pretty accurate haha

Was 2K14 that bad? When was the last good basketball game, NBA Streets?

2K11 is pretty great, I was playing that yesterday and it still holds up.

I've only played last gen 2K14 (which is ok), haven't played the current gen versions though.

ultimately it is still a videogame so some of the stuff has to be excused. it is funny that people hate on madden but praise 2k for having some type of "incredible" gameplay. i honestly think the exclusive NFL deal has people so salty at EA that no matter what EA releases a lot of neogaf will just trash it. i'm convinced most people who call madden a piece of crap haven't played it in years and are so bitter that there is literally nothing EA could do short of letting go of the NFL license to make them stop bashing it

and despite all the bullcrap in 2k i would still probably own this years version if online wasn't an abomination. lesson learned sports game makers: give me a competent online and i'll play just about anything!

ultimately it is still a videogame so some of the stuff has to be excused. it is funny that people hate on madden but praise 2k for having some type of "incredible" gameplay. i honestly think the exclusive NFL deal has people so salty at EA that no matter what EA releases a lot of neogaf will just trash it. i'm convinced most people who call madden a piece of crap haven't played it in years and are so bitter that there is literally nothing EA could do short of letting go of the NFL license to make them stop bashing it

and despite all the bullcrap in 2k i would still probably own this years version if online wasn't an abomination. lesson learned sports game makers: give me a competent online and i'll play just about anything!
"The 2K Sports servers are unavailable at this time."

What is happening "at this time" that I can not play my buddy? Sure havent fixed the online. Online was last good in 2K8 when they had real lobbies.

This video is hilarious. Anyone who has put some time into the game will tell you it's 100% accurate.

That kicked ball that rolls all the way to half court while the player who picks it up takes 5 days to inbound only to LAUNCH it downcourt for NO REASON rofl

Tcbys

Banned
2K has its share of problems. But when compared to Live 14 it makes 2K GOTY.

EA has to step up its game to make the Basketball games competitive.

theWB27

That was brilliant...I agree with OP. It's laughable how much Madden gets shit on while 2k largely gets a pass. This also goes for the NFL2K community who pretend that game didn't have some major, major faults.

2k was the first game I got on PS4 and the amount of ish that's wrong with that thing should hang over 2K's head for a long time.

They spent so much time on the MyCareer campaign and you can't even become a fckin free agent. Can't change jersey numbers, can't make your accessories team colored and YOU CAN'T EVEN CREATE A PLAYER TO USE IN GM MODE OR EXHIBITION. Everything is tied to the VC currency and you can't even earn a decent amount.

Maybe Konami should bring back NBA In The Zone. At least that will expand their game portfolio instead of just being a Metal Gear factory.

Pretty accurate haha

2K11 is pretty great, I was playing that yesterday and it still holds up.

I've only played last gen 2K14 (which is ok), haven't played the current gen versions though.

yeah 2k11 was the best one. and yes next/current gen 2k14 is as bad as the video is showing lol

MilesTeg

Banned
Hilarious. Particularly the A- free throw, the crazy jersey glitch lookalike, and the inbounding the ball part.

nick nacc

Banned
Brought back so many memories of that game. Haven't played in a while. Just shows the huge gap between basketball irl and in videogames

Daffy Duck

I haven't played this game, but after that video I an totally see what the problems are. Lol.

They're good at basketball too!

Top Bottom