• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 Unplayable on Xbox One

Got my Xbox One about 6 hours ago and have been trying all day to play this game, before the service went down and Azure threw a fit. Every time you start any game (even offline) it pops up a message saying 2K14 requires access to xbox live servers then boots you out to the main menu, regardless of whether you are in a game or not. I haven't been able to play a single game besides the quick match it lets you play while the game is installing.

Yeah think it the same on PS4.

Not a xbone issue.

Not true. If you're offline on the PS4, you can do everything except play online and NBA Today.

Not sure who to believe... (I don't own the game).

believe me, I've had the game since launch and wasn't able to get online with the game because of a 2K bug. I was still able to do pretty much everything except stuff that needed online...Like matches online and NBA Today stuff.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Well good thing I got NBA2K14 on PS4.

That said, Ryse and Forza had better work flawlessly MS.

I'm sure they'll patch it eventually, but that's horrendous.

Also, there are surely Microsoft PR quotes from months ago that are relevant to this thread's interests...

mrprice33

Neo Member
There were many reports of people unable to do anything on NBA 2K except play quick games on PS4 launch day. 2K's servers suck.

Cartman86

Banned
Exactly. An all-digital gaming future is a dumb and bleak one.

All digital does not require always connected. Even if it did I think it's pretty weird to assume networks won't get better and better to where even an always online future isn't exactly impossible.

Apparently the PS4 version does the same thing for some of the modes. I guess if you created a career online you have to be online to load it. I have the game on PS4. I will go check right now.

2k servers are notoriously shit, wouldn't put the blame on this on MS quite yet

It seems like it probably is a 2K server issue but it specifically states in the error message that NBA requires access to Xbox Live for certain features, even though I am connected to Xbox Live.

So I guess PS4 owners can't play BF4 and One owners can't play NBA 2K14. I don't even understand how anyone could fuck up so bad.

What if you tried completely disconnecting the Xbox One itself from Live through the system settings? Wonder if that'd work since I would assume it wouldn't bother to attempt to connect at all and wouldn't error out? Not ideal I know, and maybe you already tried that, I just can't see there really being this as some sort of secret DRM or anything.

mik

mik is unbeatable
It's the same on PS4. I had a few friends who couldn't play it on launch day.

2K always--ALWAYS--shits the bed on at least a few things in NBA 2K. Every year. It's frustrating as hell.

I keep getting this message while trying to launch Dead Rising 3 ""If you have a game disk insert it now. If there is no disk make sure you are signed into Xbox Live. If You don't have the rights to play this you will need to purchase it from the Xbox store".

WTF? Either the disk drive is not reading the game or apparently I don't own the rights to the game.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So I guess PS4 owners can't play BF4 and One owners can't play NBA 2K14. I don't even understand how anyone could fuck up so bad.
One owners probably cant play bf4 either. It's still the same shit EA Dice servers.

Juice

I'm playing on my ps4 right now by coincidence. First sports game I've enjoyed in maybe three years. And I don't like NBA

SRTtoZ

I keep getting this message while trying to launch Dead Rising 3 ""If you have a game disk insert it now. If there is no disk make sure you are signed into Xbox Live. If You don't have the rights to play this you will need to purchase it from the Xbox store".

WTF? Either the disk drive is not reading the game or apparently I don't own the rights to the game.

ouch

rrs

Yeah, that's the message that pops up if the game disk isn't in the device. I'm guessing it can't read the disk, so try taking it out, wiping off the bottom and putting it in again.

pilonv1

Usually takes 2K about 2 months to "fix" their servers. Which just means the disconnection/drop out occurrences are reduced slightly.

Cartman86

Banned
So disabling the network connection on my PS4 gives me this on the main menu

"Quick Game"
"My Career"
"My GM"
"Features"

My Career (don't have GM mode save) will not load with my existing character. I have to create a new one. I assume GM is the same. So saves created while online don't like to be offline. Is this how the One works or not at all?

So if MS ever turns off their servers for some reason like say they're getting out of the gaming business, your disc based games are completely fucked still?

Nice.

panty

So disabling the network connection on my PS4 gives me this on the main menu

"Quick Game"
"My Career"
"My GM"
"Features"

My Career (don't have GM mode save) will not load with my existing character. I have to create a new one. I assume GM is the same.

So create a new one and see if it works

Top Bottom