• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

Justified

Untitled.png

• Developer - Visual Concepts/2K / Publisher - 2K
  • Release Date - Sep 29, 2015 World Wide (Sep 25, 2015 early tip-off if pre-ordered)
  • Platform - PS4, PS3, XB1, X360, PC
  • Price - Standard: $59.99 / 59,99€ / $79.99cdn Jordan Special Edition $79.99 / 79,99€ / $99.99cdn
  • Genre - Sports
Pre-Order Early Tip-Off includes:

• Recieve game on SEP 25 2015
  • 10,000 Virtual Currency (VC);
  • New-Gen & PC - 3 MyTEAM Emerald Packs each with a guaranteed Emerald player;
  • Prior-Gen - MyTEAM Gold Booster Pack with Guaranteed Gold Player and 4 additional Gold items
Jordan Special Edition includes:
  • Recieve game on SEP 25 2015
  • Jordan NBA 2K16 poster,Jordan Fathead wall cling, digital Jordan shoes for your MyPLAYER, digital Jordan t-shirt for your MyPLAYER, digital Jordan jersey for your MyPLAYER
  • 30,000 VC,
  • MyTEAM VIP+: 3 Emerald Packs and a new Special Edition Exclusive Moments Card.

1436443500-media.jpeg

This years soundtrack is "curated' by 3 DJs: DJ Premier, DJ Mustard, and DJ Khaled consisting of over 50 tracks. The soundtrack will be comprised of six in-game playlists, including three lists individually curated by each producer, an international “Around the World” playlist, the 2K Classics Mixtape featuring fan favorites from previous 2K titles, and a master playlist that includes all 50 tracks from this year’s selection

MyCareer/MyPlayer
Trailer

The Whole Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2FhaBqxEdM

Written, and Directed by Spike Lee; Starts in a high school setting, with the star preparing to make his mark on the game of basketball. The gym setting will give you flashbacks to the glory days, enjoying the painted bricks being covered by District Championships. From there, you’ll make your college choice. Visual Concepts licensed 10 major colleges for the game. Next up is the NBA Draft.

1442856190-media.jpg

*Wisconsin is the 10th college

Along the way to that point is the real ride, and 90-minutes worth of cutscenes. #BeTheStory is about the consequence of making bad choices and risking it all when you feel like you have nothing to lose. Lee leaves no stone unturned when telling his story, which includes all of the drama of being a basketball star on the rise. From family, friends, business and teammates, chaos will surround you. There were even lines in the initial trailer removed at the NBA’s request, though they weren’t cut from the game itself. The story apparently gets that real.

Off-Day Simulator, one the newest additions to NBA 2K16. You will have upwards of 80 off days during each season, which should give you ample time to still participate in random activities that relate to your MyCAREER.

Endorsements Companies will offer you contracts that ask you to commit to a specific amount of off-days. Like an incentive-based contract, the more you do the greater you will receive. Pay attention, though, because as you improve sponsors will begin competing with each other for your services. Don’t overcommit.

Connections Now you can build up relationships and friendships with other players, legends and personalities around the Association. Michael Jordan could take you golfing…who knows?
If you hang with Dwight Howard for a day, you can unlock th Expression Badge. Or you can choose to chill out and water ski with Blake Griffin to earn his pre-game rim hang routine. Again, the choice is yours.

Live Practice Live 5-on-5 practice will net you new skills. There are even options to do single specific workouts to improve ratings. All of these are pulled straight from the minds of NBA organizations and personal experience.
There’s also a free shootaround period where you can explore the gym and interact with coaches and teammates.

MyCOURT This could have been an article on its own. MyCOURT should be one of the greatest additions to NBA 2K16. This is your landing area for the mode, the place where you always come back to between games and story scenes. You can upgrade you player, check out stats and standings and watch NBA 2KTV (and story scenes over again).

MyCOURT is completely customizable, everything from the floors, walls, rims, backboards, nets, balls, lines, and so on can be modified, colored and upgraded. There is a display case to show off all of your awards and accomplishments.

You can also invite your friends to hang out and shoot around on your court while waiting to hit the Pro-Am courts together. Want to play a quick game of 5-on-5, do it. Only have four friends, how about a quick 2-on-2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBwBMoTkCDU

PRO- AM Mode
Trailer:

2K Pro-Am will feature instant matchmaking, with no waiting and games will start immediately. That means, no "Got Next" spots in 2K Pro-Am.

Grab your friends, design your own logos, jerseys and arenas for full branding of your team. After your identity has been stamped, rise up the leaderboards with your team to compete against the best in the world in 5 on 5 matches on full-sized courts with NBA rules in a venue that supports 40 players playing simultaneously.

2K Pro-Am will feature daily, monthly and overall leaderboards with league leaders, power rankings and more. You can completely customize your team and create your own uniforms with the ability to change colors, number size, stripe configurations, collar types, mesh patterns, resizing text and logos (which can be imported) and so much more.

You can also completely customize your arena from the ground up by selecting from various jumbotrons, scorer's tables, baskets and sound effects. If you don't like a particular floor pattern, change it up (Herringbone, Honeycomb and more), along with colors of any line you can think of (out of bounds, key, center circle, half court, perimeter, etc.). Users can create customized text on the floors and sidelines, along with the ability to upload custom images.

NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am Features:
Play with your MyPLAYER - Walk on or form a team with friends
NBA style basketball including timeouts and fouls
No waiting. Instant matchmaking against similarly ranked opponents
Fully customizable team designer, upload images or choose from customizable logos

MyLeague, MyLeague Online, MyGM

1440011547-media.jpg

Full 30-team leagues that support 1-30 human teams.

Fully featured Fantasy Draft to kick off the experience with your friends.

Summer League

2K Hoops Summit

Fully adjustable setup options (season length, MyLEAGUE difficulty sliders, etc.).

Every Admin Control option you can think of
-Team Relocation
-Team Branding
-Design Arena
-Application Submission + Relocation Committee Voting
-League Realignment

Flex Scheduling, play any game at any time.

Custom Roster support (Classic League with our new classic teams).

All leagues are private, invite-only leagues, so we can ensure you get exactly the experience you want with your friend

3-Team Trades. They are back! Tweet pictures to Ronnie, I want to see the best 3-Team Trades you can pull off!

Autosave OFF – In MyLEAGUE, you will now have the ability to disable the Autosave feature. Additionally, you will be able to ‘Save As’ copies of your MyLEAGUE, thus creating multiple instances of it. I hear you…and here you are!

Multiple Injuries – Since the beginning of recorded video game time, a player could only have one injury at a time. In NBA 2K16, you can now have up to two simultaneous injuries per player.

More MyLEAGUE Customization Sliders – In our continued efforts to make this the most customizable franchise mode in sports, we have added some new sliders to help you out. These include an adjustable Salary Cap Value, Salary Cap Inflation Rate, Injury Severity, Injury Duration, Player Regression Rate, and more.

MyLEAGUE Automation – For those users who like to control multiple (or all 30!) teams, but don’t want to perform all of the actions of running that team, we now have a new screen where you can completely customize your level of control with a given team.

Player Lock – Under the Options menu in both MyGM and MyLEAGUE, there is a hidden gem of an option called ‘Position Settings’. In this menu, you can choose to play your franchise either player locked to your favorite player or locked to a given position. Definitely a unique way to play the modes that people will uncover as they explore everything we have to offer.

MyLEAGUE Setup Slider Sharing – Let’s be honest, MyLEAGUE has a LOT of customization sliders at this point. We now allow you to save your custom slider set so you don’t have to tweak them all every time you want to start a new MyLEAGUE. Additionally, these slider sets can be uploaded and shared for others to use.

Gameplay Slider Sharing – Additionally, you can now also save, load, and share your User/CPU sliders for others to download and use. Obtaining the perfect 2K experience customized to your liking has never been easier or quicker

Training Slider Sharing – We like to create work for ourselves, for your benefit. You can ALSO save, load, and share your Team Training sliders in both MyGM and MyLEAGUE. Finding the PERFECT set of sliders is something that can take a lot of time. Now, you can quickly switch between different sets of sliders depending on how you want your team to focus. Do you have the perfect set of Training sliders? Upload and share them with the rest of the community
Long-Term Owner Goals (MyGM) – Your owner will now give you goals that extend beyond just the current season. Some of these can feel a little tough (depending on the personality of the owner and how demanding he is), but remember, you have a few seasons to pull them off. Be calm, keep your eye on the prize, and don’t lose track of the target.

Customizable Progression/Regression – Every player in the league now has a unique editable entry called ‘Peak Start’ and ‘Peak End’. ‘Peak Start’ is the age at which players have developed as much as they can, and will not see additional ratings increases outside of training. ‘Peak End’ is the age at which players will start their inevitable ratings decline. This is all in your control now!

NEW STATS – LOTS of new Player and Team stats that will give you more insight on your players than ever before. My personal favorite addition here is the ability to see Opponent FGA/M and FG% PER PLAYER. Finding the best defensive stoppers in the league has never been easier.

All-New Landing Menu/Calendar – We’ve completely re-designed the landing menu for the modes to incorporate your team calendar, the latest social media news, your personal target list of players you want to acquire, your team’s trade block (CPU teams will inquire about the players you put up here), and your untouchable list (CPU will NOT inquire about the players you put up here). It’s a design that had a lot of thought put into it with respect to usability.

The 2016 NBA Offseason – We’ve all read stories about how the salary cap is going to jump next offseason, and create a whole new free agent market. How will it play out? Find out right here in NBA 2K16!

MyTEAM

“Be Different.” That has been our theme, focus, and inspiration for MyTEAM in 2K16.
Team Create -The Team Creator will be featured in multiple modes in 2K16 but holds a special place for us in MyTEAM. In the creator you can customize your logo, arena, court floor, and uniforms.

The Gauntlet - The Gauntlet is a short 3v3 rooftop street game to 21 played in a 10 game series. It is online head-to-head, but you won’t be taking your best against their best. (You didn’t think it would be that easy did you?) You will choose 10 of your favorite players but the catch is that each player can only be used in a single game. The AI will then select two players at random from all available cards that have been released.

Domination - This year you can continue winning games and stars for 33 more games against some of the toughest historic teams. How will your team stack up against the '08 Celtics, the '13 Heat and many more?

Trials - A quick new way to earn a little extra. When starting a Challenge, Road to the Playoffs or Domination game you will have a random chance of getting a Trial. Trials are stat related and can be accomplished in a single game. The only rule is you can only use one player on your team. Trials range from easy (like scoring four jump shots) to hard (such as getting twelve rebounds and second chance points).

Cards - This year it was important for the cards to stand out and feel “different” from each other. For us it was no longer enough to have a special edition card.

Another theme we have announced will be Moment cards. A moment card is a card that is added shortly after a player has a great moment. This card will highlight their specific game performance of that night.

Shoes have arrived in MyTEAM! Replacing the old attribute cards, shoes will be making their appearance in a slightly different way. Each shoe can carry up to 3 different attribute boosts and when applied will appear on that player in game. In addition to shoes we have added basketball cards including team balls, animal prints, and even a beach ball.

What’s Left

The player card has been redesigned and allows for comparisons when creating lineups and searching for cards in the auction house.
Search directly from your collection in the auction house to fill in those missing players.
Increased amount of Collector Levels with more MyTEAM points and players.
Card rewards for playing the game are even better and represent the best cards in game. You have to earn them to show them off.
Freestyle is now available so you can practice with your team before heading into a real game.
We added more lineup slots and generate an overall rating for your entire team.
Can’t get enough of packs? Check out our new boxes with 10 packs per box.
All new Challenges and weekly Challenges coming your way.
Autofill options for building lineups and contract applying for your entire team.

Greg Anthony will join Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg as the 3 man commentary team for NBA 2K16

Kenny Smith join Shaq, and Ernie Pre-Game, Halftime, Post-Game Show

NBA2KTV is back for its 2nd Season

Customizable Tats

NBA 2K16 is introducing over 1,500 tattoo designs that you can move, scale, rotate and layer onto your MyPLAYER. Fans will be able to apply tattoos to the chest, back, neck, legs and arms.

https://youtu.be/rc3XFlL-Dbk

XB1 GAF 2K16 Tourney

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1117950

F.A.Q:

Q: Have The Servers Been Improved This Year?

A: *Bows Head*..... Let Us Pray!

Q: My2K app for 2K16

A: Will be out on OCT 1st 2015

Boke1879

Can't wait for this. The hype just got to me and I preordered the Jordan edition last night. Can't wait until Friday.

zychi

Banned
Just a heads up to fellow GCU dudes, BB isn't allowing in store pickup for the Jordan edition anymore

<3 Rad, shes so fine

Pachimari

I might jump on this. Will be my first NBA 2K title then, and it have been years since I last played a basketball game. I'm just worried about the netcode online and the monetization.

zychi

Banned
I might jump on this. Will be my first NBA 2K title then, and it have been years since I last played a basketball game. I'm just worried about the netcode online and the monetization.

The netcode will suck. Don't worry, I'll tell you right now it won't work, and will likely be down the first week of release completely.

Justified

Just a heads up to fellow GCU dudes, BB isn't allowing in store pickup for the Jordan edition anymore

<3 Rad, shes so fine

Damn really why? Is it similiar to Europe where Gamestop has exclusive rights to the earlier tip-off release.

As always Netcode probably is going to be horrible the first week. I usually get accustomed to the new controls and play MyCareer while they iron the kinks out.

Monetization shouldnt be an issue. The grind to make a decent player isnt that bad if you have skills, plus the My2K app gives daily VC, It will be out on OCT 1st

Miracle

Pretty much just doing Myplayer and my league stuff. Don't really care for much online considering I know how bad the net code usually is.

Damn really why? Is it similiar to Europe where Gamestop has exclusive rights to the earlier tip-off release.
Its probably because they have it in stock now and are sold out. At my GS we already got our first shipment in and we did not get any extra Jordan editions and don't expect to.

dezzy8

My god. 50 tracks!? I've been turning off the music to these games since they had Jay-Z select the music. Hopefully we get music that hasn't been played on the radio a million times.

Justified

My god. 50 tracks!? I've been turning off the music to these games since they had Jay-Z select the music. Hopefully we get music that hasn't been played on the radio a million times.

Same, the Jay-Z, and Pharrell selections were horrible.

Should be much better. Plus one of the playlist is a legacy Soundtrack

AcridMeat

Banned
Holy crap I didn't know they overhauled the ProAm mode. No more having that laggy piece of crap service where you wait 15 minutes and then disconnect sounds amazing.

rainz

Nice OT!
Pumped for all the improvements Beluba and co have been talking up this year. 2K never lets me down! (I don't play online much, only single player association)

Debating whether I should preorder this or not. Only reason being is for the preorder incentives. Kinda weary that story mode will suck tho.

Justified

I do hate that they stuck with the MyPlayer attribute buckets, instead of individually upgrading each one.

They did however tune-up the Height/Weight/Position limitations though, so hopefully no more every player is a KD,Curry, Irving hybrid.

I use to always roll a SG, until 2K14 I went Center full time. I may roll a stretch 4 or stay a center this time depending on the attribute limitations.

Yup! Even got the right version of the Shaq-Kobe lakers which is 2001! Tired of a lot of legendary players being exclusive to myteam last year

Word. I don't even know why they put the 1998 team over the 2001 team in the past. Got nothing but love for Eddie Jones, but cmon fam lol.

People really get excited about 2K's story stuff? Shit has looked laughable ever since they started doing it. Wish they would put all that time and resource into other parts of the game.

Still debating whether or not to pick this up on Friday. Basketball season almost starting is getting me hyped for the game though.

diggler41

Was gonna pick this up anyways(been playing since Dreamcast) but oh man it has the 02-03 Mavs. Filthy, dirty and nasty live on!

Can I preorder this Thursday from Gamestop and still get it Friday? Also, haven't played NBA2k in a few years, could you use historic teams during the regular season?

ron_bato

what is the full list for the historic teams?

There's too many but I can list the 12 new ones.

00 raptors
00 blazers
01 lakers
03 mavs
04 twolves
04 pistons
05 suns
06 heat
07 cavs (meh)
08 rockets
08 celtics
13 heat

I just wish for the 01 kings, 00 pacers and 92 suns and I'll be fine.

Justified

what is the full list for the historic teams?

These are the 12 added this year:

• '06-'07 Cleveland Cavaliers
  • '03-'04 Minnesota Timberwolves
  • '04-'05 Phoenix Suns
  • '05-'06 Miami Heat
  • '12-'13 Miami Heat
  • '03-'04 Detroit Pistons
  • '07-'08 Houston Rockets
  • '99-'00 Toronto Raptors
  • '07-08 Boston Celtics
  • '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers
  • '02-'03 Dallas Mavericks