• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 - All-Time Teams trailer, full team rosters revealed

Magic at 99 and Kobe at 98?

LeBron at 99 twice and Kobe at 98?

yea, ok.

The guy that scored 81, averaged 35 ppg for a season, shut down your best wing player for 10+ years... smh. Insanity.

That Kings team looks great. I used to love C-Webb. Seems like they put a lot of effort in to this and it's something that'll probably make me pick this up.

Reggie, Barkley, Rasheed Wallace have been notable omissions for a while. I think they negotiate with retired players on an individual basis and these players just never seem to come to an agreement.

Moses Malone I think used to get included but after he died they seem to have issues dealing with his estate.

Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka. 3 were never members of the Sonics. And Durant was only in Seattle for a year before the franchise moved.

Westbrook and ibaka were drafted by the sonics

BZYt0sNCUAEsedN.jpg:large

jrmanimal

No Mutombo on the Nuggets? Seems odd.
He's in. I saw him missing in some lists(this list has only 14 players), but he is in the original 2k list they posted on facebook.

I'm happy with the Nuggets, they got all the best ones...you can discuss AI inclusion, I think Andre Miller would make more sense but I think he is not in the game, but he's still fun to play it. K-Mart or Camby could be in for Gallo or Nenê, but I'm cool with them. Specially with my boy Nenê. I'd like JR Smith or Birdman just for fun!

I know they couldn't get the rights for other players, but some inclusions are still weird...like Embiid on the Sixers or Gordon on the Magic.

Must suck for some fans...Wiz without Arenas, Jamison, Butler, Magic with no Hedo or Lewis, etc. At least we can edit the rosters.

ron_bato

Im really happy that the 02 kings are in. Gonna be fun using the princeton and corner sets with that team.

2k did good with this insane amount of classic teams. I know there are glaring ommissions, but i bet theyre trying.

ahoyle77

Hornets with the all 80s... even Mourning got bumped down to an 88

(Not saying it's wrong or anything, but dang)

As someone who attended 100s of Hornets games, peak LJ was way, way better than peak Rice. LJ and Zo should be around 92ish. Peak Baron was better than 86 too.

Westbrook and ibaka were drafted by the sonics

BZYt0sNCUAEsedN.jpg:large

And didn't play a single game in Seattle, because the franchise was already on the way out, and would have officially been out of Seattle before the draft if not for legal issues. Getting upset that they were allegedly members of the "Sonics organization" is a little disingenuous. Those guys are 100% OKC players and belong with that city/team if you're going to draw a line.

Lakers amazing. Some of the licensing issues suck though. No Reggie on the Pacers? Feels so wrong. Like NBA Jam having Horace Grant instead of Michael Jordan.

jrmanimal

I saw on OperationSports that they got Jerome Williams for the Raptors team and are now trying to get Gerald Wallace.

Still hope for some players.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So taking the highest rated players, the All-Time All-Time squad of 12 by OVR would be:

Starters

Magic Johnson (Lakers) – 99
Michael Jordan (Bulls) – 99
LeBron James (Cavs) – 99
LeBron James (Heat) – 99
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Bucks) – 99

Bench

Wilt Chamberlain (Warriors) – 98
Bill Russell (Celtics) – 98
Larry Bird (Celtics) – 98
Hakeem Olajuwon (Rockets) – 98
Kobe Bryant (Lakers) – 98
Shaquille O’Neal (Lakers) – 98
Tim Duncan (Spurs) – 98

Guys tied at 97:

Oscar Robertson (Kings)
Jerry West (Lakers)
Julius Erving (76ers)
Karl Malone (Jazz)
Allen Iverson (76ers)
Kevin Garnett (Timberwolves)
Dirk Nowitzki (Mavericks)
Dwyane Wade (Heat)
Kevin Durant (Sonics/Thunder)

The next tier below, tied at 96:

John Havlicek (Celtics)
Elgin Baylor (Lakers)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Lakers)
George Gervin (Spurs)
Clyde Drexler (Trailblazers)
Isiah Thomas (Pistons)
Scottie Pippen (Bulls)
David Robinson (Spurs)
Steve Nash (Suns)
Steph Curry (Warriors)
Kevin Durant (Warriors)

NullZ3r0

Banned
No Charles Barkley? Whatever. Don't care about the game anyways. I broke both my controllers playing this game.

The rubberband AI is downright immoral. Not only that, but it turned your NPC teammates into bumbling idiots every time the game decided it was time for the other team to make a run.

I ruined a controller and some drywall once on this series. Never again. Rubberband AI is inexcusable in sports sims.

The T'Wolves roster is tragic.

I was talking about it with a friend of mine, one of the biggest things (and top indicators of how bad the team has really been) is that most of the guys were only on the team for 2 or 3 years. Outside of KG, there's Wally, Love and Rubio who were with the Wolves for 6 seasons. After that I'm not sure they're was anyone on the roster longer than 3 years so far.

What was even worse was thinking of who else could be on the team. We came up with Rasho Nesterovic probably being the 4th best center in team history.

m29a

Neo Member
No Charles Barkley? Whatever. Don't care about the game anyways. I broke both my controllers playing this game.

The rubberband AI is downright immoral. Not only that, but it turned your NPC teammates into bumbling idiots every time the game decided it was time for the other team to make a run.

I ruined a controller and some drywall once on this series. Never again. Rubberband AI is inexcusable in sports sims.

It's been known that Charles refuses to be in the game. You don't think 2K would love him in the game?

As for "rubberband AI", gameplay director Mike Wang has posted a couple times at OperationSports that there has never been any of that coded into the game. I don't see any reason why he'd lie about that.

You simply lose because you are either complacent with your lead, or prone to momentum swings (NBA revolves around that).

Magic at 99 and Kobe at 98?

LeBron at 99 twice and Kobe at 98?

yea, ok.

The guy that scored 81, averaged 35 ppg for a season, shut down your best wing player for 10+ years... smh. Insanity.

Yeah I'm no Kobe fan by any stretch but that's bs.

Also small tweak for OP, Julius Erving is spelled with an E, unlike Kyrie Irving.

You simply lose because you are either complacent with your lead, or prone to momentum swings (NBA revolves around that).

Exactly the game doesn't have rubberband AI, but it does have momentum swings, and player streaks. If you start playing poorly, you will miss more shots, and the other team can get hot.

I think some people expect your team and players to be at 100% of their ability at all times, but that isn't what the game is.

jmizzal

I dont get why Reggie Miller and Barkley dont do 2K, they both work for TNT and 2K has all the TNT and NBA tv people, Ernie, Shaq and Kenny are in it.

Barkley was in for the dream team, him and reggie need to get off their high horses and get in the game smh

Megatron

Blazers team should have Brandon Roy, Geoff Petrie and Cliff Robinson. Take out Mathews, Batum and Duckworth.

Anth0ny

All time Lakers are broken lol. Kareem should be a 99.

tbh last years Warriors + prime Wilt might come close, though. They already give Wilt a 98 over Curry's 96.

jmizzal

I dont get why Reggie Miller and Barkley dont do 2K, they both work for TNT and 2K has all the TNT and NBA tv people, Ernie, Shaq and Kenny are in it.

Barkley was in for the dream team, him and reggie need to get off their high horses and get in the game smh

As someone who was a Sixers fan during those years, Iverson ain't no 97.

He won NBA MVP and beat one of the best teams of all time 1 game in the finals with a bunch of scrubs, I think they are picking them at their absolute max

Top Bottom