• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 |OT| 1,000 VC needed to enter thread.

cHinzo

Ok great. My jumpshot isn't working out, so I wanter to try out some custom jumpshots, but MyCourt is totally unusable... Can't start the free shootout and whenever I go back to MyCourt after equiping a new jumper, it says 'my friend's mycourt is unavailable' and kicks me back to the menu. This game is frustrating man. At least made it to 90 OVR yesterday.

Ok great. My jumpshot isn't working out, so I wanter to try out some custom jumpshots, but MyCourt is totally unusable... Can't start the free shootout and whenever I go back to MyCourt after equiping a new jumper, it says 'my friend's mycourt is unavailable' and kicks me back to the menu. This game is frustrating man. At least made it to 90 OVR yesterday.

Went back to try MyPlayer to see if anything got better after the patch and I have yet to green one shot in either practice, shootaround, or in game. How is that possible? They specifically made this game centered around Road To 99 so that you spent real money. Pro difficulty is hair pulling frustration level. I tried one game on All-star and that is even worse for me shooting. I can barely get 15% shooting. I've bought 2K since 2006, so I know when I should release jumpers. I see complaint after complaint about it being way too difficult this year, but none of their people respond. Don't understand why not having a Rookie difficulty matters to them. They limit the amount of VC we get with every patch, so why don't they allow that difficulty with severely low VC? Better yet, why don't they implement a dynamic difficulty to cater to a gamer's ability? This is my last 2K game I buy.

2K just stole my VC for 1 game and my endorsement check. Great lol.

Went back to try MyPlayer to see if anything got better after the patch and I have yet to green one shot in either practice, shootaround, or in game. How is that possible? They specifically made this game centered around Road To 99 so that you spent real money. Pro difficulty is hair pulling frustration level. I tried one game on All-star and that is even worse for me shooting. I can barely get 15% shooting. I've bought 2K since 2006, so I know when I should release jumpers. I see complaint after complaint about it being way too difficult this year, but none of their people respond. Don't understand why not having a Rookie difficulty matters to them. They limit the amount of VC we get with every patch, so why don't they allow that difficulty with severely low VC? Better yet, why don't they implement a dynamic difficulty to cater to a gamer's ability? This is my last 2K game I buy.

I honestly don’t think shooting is a problem besides “Good” releases not going in more often. There’s honestly a lot of factors that could play into why you aren’t making shots.
Input delay, jump shot release is broken, etc. I’m a 66 3pt and I hit 3s pretty well, not even Corner 3s like a little below the hash/wing. I’ve played against 7’3 post scorers who hit 3s consistently. I mean there’s evidence out there on YouTube too. Chris Smoove shoots pretty well and he plays on Hall of Fame.

An NBA game based around realism shouldn't use button timing as a prerequisite for whether a player will make a basket or not. 2K has rendered ratings and ability to run through offensive plays null and void. I don't play Pro Am or Park, yet everything 2K fixes and doesn't revolves around that. They have completely ruined a game for casuals and people who don't have the time to grind through.

An NBA game based around realism shouldn't use button timing as a prerequisite for whether a player will make a basket or not. 2K has rendered ratings and ability to run through offensive plays null and void. I don't play Pro Am or Park, yet everything 2K fixes and doesn't revolves around that. They have completely ruined a game for casuals and people who don't have the time to grind through.

Don’t recall off the top of my head if you can do this for MyCareer but you can set shooting to be based off percentages/ratings. Not sure if that is a feature for MyCareer since it’s “skill” based but you can definitely play without having shooting be based off timing. Again, don’t know if MyCareer has that feature but a work around would be to create a MyLeague and just make a custom player and then player lock yourself onto that created player. I’m not defending 2K but you have options/workarounds.

Don’t recall off the top of my head if you can do this for MyCareer but you can set shooting to be based off percentages/ratings. Not sure if that is a feature for MyCareer since it’s “skill” based but you can definitely play without having shooting be based off timing. Again, don’t know if MyCareer has that feature but a work around would be to create a MyLeague and just make a custom player and then player lock yourself onto that created player. I’m not defending 2K but you have options/workarounds.

MyPlayer doesn't have that option. It's only available in MyGM/MyLeague, and Play Now. I enjoy getting badges, so going through a workaround seems like jumping through hoops to appease 2K's greed and clumsy mechanics.

Amory

I really hate the trend where sports games have gotten harder and harder to just play and have fun with over the years. FIFAs the one exception.

I can't make a fucking shot in this game. Even when I'm just playing an exhibition. On PRO DIFFICULTY. Shrugging off defenders is way harder than it's been in the past, and even if a defender is just standing next to me but not in my face, it says I was being "smothered" and even a good release won't mean the ball goes in

And how the heck do you drive to the hoop without losing the ball??

And why is the myplayer story so bad this year??

Dubz

I got this for my Bday and I just started My Career. I'm a SF for the Lakers and I got ZERO playing time in 2 games. What am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom