• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 |OT| 1,000 VC needed to enter thread.

PrinceKee

No some people that got their myplayer deleted have received VC from 2k as compensation. So if you had yours deleted and had to open a ticket to get them to try and retrieve check your accounts...

I know I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I'm starting to get really annoyed at how shitty my supposed "sharpshooter" character is at shooting. Hell, I even bought one of those 10 game boosts to try to hit anywhere close to 50% on wide open corner 3's, and I'm still missing almost every shot I don't get a perfect release on. Combine that with the fact that opposing defenses NEVER leave me open (which means the chances I have to get an open 3 are limited) and my rate of hitting contested 3's is like 15% or something stupidly low, and I'm not sure I want to keep putting time into this game unless it's adjusted.

Hell, Shaun Livingston is currently 100% on 3's he's taken, and Draymond Green is hovering near 40% and he shoots like 6-8 3's a game and is always wide open in the corner. I also saw Dwight Howard hit a damn near half-court 3 at the end of a quarter. Oh, and don't get me started on Shammy... He's basically a combination of MJ and Steph Curry, and is the only player I can't consistently stop in practice and who hits shots that aren't even remotely possible in real life.

Also, can anyone explain to me why I make way more shots that are "slightly early/late" than I do that say "good"? Like at least 3-4 times as many. It's to the point where if it says good I just assume I missed.

Sorry for the rant. I created this character to be able to at least be a decent 3 and D guy but it feels impossible right now.

What's your actual stat for 3s? You can check by going to My Minutes and clicking the right stick and use the triggers to go to attributes.

Also, do you have any badges? They really help. Also, what difficulty?

Another thing is, your jump shot animation might just be broken. Yeah, I know it sounds stupid but animations do matter. I don't know any good ones as I haven't tested them all. I think Chris Smoove uses jump shot 27 (as far as free ones go) and he makes a good amount of shots on HoF. I liked Lonzo and Lilliards. Look up some YouTube vids. If you can use Jumpshot Creator, all jump shots are free. I'm using Amateur Base 1 with James Harden release for both releases.

Other than that, I can't really help.

Oh and don't let the CPU discourage you. Freaking Elfrid Payton drains 3s like he's Kyle Korver lmao.

igor

Does anyone have an experience in getting a refund on NBA2K18 from eShop?

To be honest I am fed up of trying to enjoy the game and the only smooth experience was playing the Play Now single matches (I am enjoying the gameplay a lot) - everything else is an unplayable mess.

Interestingly after I entered MyCarrer mode and obtained bonus VC that came from a code, the game crashed shortly after and upon restarting I got a message that my save file got corrupted. The game was updated earlier on.

I would perhaps try and start again but honestly I can only connect to mycareer mode 1/5 times and usually need to retsart the game altogether. I was ready to give the game a chance since gameplay is pretty great but as it stands, this is a malfunctioning product that forfeits my time investment.

Real shame, given that it would be an impressive port otherwise.

StereoVsn

Yeah, my Sharp Shooter is pretty terrible at actually making shots. I am not even talking 3 pointers but even 2s. There got to be a bug with "Good" release. What's even more messed up is that the same shots that go in during practice mostly bounce off the rim during the game.

I got the player at 74 or so Overall but don't have many badges yet. Basically I just go to my Center when I get frustrated. He is fine with hook shots, dunks and layups even at 67 :).

ron_bato

Anybody read this shit from that forbes contributor?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...-vc-debate-what-are-you-willing-to-sacrifice/

This is the worst article Ive seen on defending VC, particularly his analogies about shoes, ging to clubs, and all that bullshit. He didn't even discuss how it impacts game design and competitive balance.

But im not surprised. 2k gives this guy official videos for his own youtube channel and flies him out to the events for his coverage.

Tubobutts

Still haven't received my preorder bonus and both Sony and Amazon are telling me to talk to the other one. Now to try 2k and wait for them to tell me to talk to the other places.

Does anyone have an experience in getting a refund on NBA2K18 from eShop?

I got a refund for NBA Playgrounds but they'll state that "one time deal out of courtesy" crap. Although, NBA Playgrounds didn't have online for almost two months or something like that, that's how I got the refund. Bought a game and a promised function was missing. Maybe you can get one for 2K by saying it's just unplayable for you, constant crashes, etc. I mean, I'm getting a bit annoyed I keep losing my files because I lose my internet connection even when my files are offline files. It's stupid.

No I mean I'm hearing reports of people getting more based on the edition they bought

Ah, okay that makes sense. Well, good on 2K for taking care of their big spenders I guess lol.

No some people that got their myplayer deleted have received VC from 2k as compensation. So if you had yours deleted and had to open a ticket to get them to try and retrieve check your accounts...

I just learned this morning that my younger brother accidentally deleted his player and that he already had 70$ invested in him (he has the game for a week). He emailed 2K games but since he admitted to deleting it by accident I assume they would not refund his VC. I was trying to explain to him how dumb he is but apparently all his friends play and he doesn't want to be left out. He's now embarrassed to tell my parents which apparently made the investment in his digital basketball player. This is depressing.

igor

I got a refund for NBA Playgrounds but they'll state that "one time deal out of courtesy" crap. Although, NBA Playgrounds didn't have online for almost two months or something like that, that's how I got the refund. Bought a game and a promised function was missing. Maybe you can get one for 2K by saying it's just unplayable for you, constant crashes, etc. I mean, I'm getting a bit annoyed I keep losing my files because I lose my internet connection even when my files are offline files. It's stupid.

Ah, okay that makes sense. Well, good on 2K for taking care of their big spenders I guess lol.

I have worded the issue so in an email to customer service and may follow up with a phone call. It is technically a very impressive port and the game, apart from the VC bs is actually a lot of fun - this is coming from someone who last enjoy team based sports games with Fifa Street 2. Awful shame that it has been so poor in every other aspect.

Anybody read this shit from that forbes contributor?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...-vc-debate-what-are-you-willing-to-sacrifice/

This is the worst article Ive seen on defending VC, particularly his analogies about shoes, ging to clubs, and all that bullshit. He didn't even discuss how it impacts game design and competitive balance.

But im not surprised. 2k gives this guy official videos for his own youtube channel and flies him out to the events for his coverage.

That guy is a fucking simp and sounds exactly like one of those OS 2K fanbois

I truly feel dumber after reading that.

Are you 27 years old with a family and a job, and angry because you don't have the time to upgrade your MyPlayer enough to compete with an 11-year-old whose only responsibilities are homework and taking out the garbage? That's not a 2K problem. That's life.

Can't even

Yeah, my Sharp Shooter is pretty terrible at actually making shots. I am not even talking 3 pointers but even 2s. There got to be a bug with "Good" release. What's even more messed up is that the same shots that go in during practice mostly bounce off the rim during the game.

I got the player at 74 or so Overall but don't have many badges yet. Basically I just go to my Center when I get frustrated. He is fine with hook shots, dunks and layups even at 67 :).

I thought the good shots thing was just whining from kids who were upset that shooting was made more difficult but after paying attention in training it's definitely a thing.

If you fill the bar perfectly, sometimes instead of a green release it gives you a good release and I haven't had a single one of those go in. If you get a good release with a little sliver of black because the timing isn't quite perfect then it has a chance of going in, but if the bar is totally filled then I miss every single time.

It feels like the game just decides it doesn't want to give you a green release and makes it clang off the rim.

Why do they keep making these corny cutscenes in mycareer unskippable?

Because B-Fresh and Boo-Boo are amazing.

And also because they "reduced the loading times" by hiding them behind cutscenes of you greeting a doorman, or walking to and from your locker, having a shootaround before the game begins etc.

Tall4Life

Holy fuck

I was about to beat the CPU on harder difficulty in Play Now for once, its like 49-45, feels good man, I'm the Celts against the Bulls, Robin fucking Lopez starts jacking up insane 3's and hitting every single one of them to win the game for the Bulls

I hate this game

I thought the good shots thing was just whining from kids who were upset that shooting was made more difficult but after paying attention in training it's definitely a thing.

If you fill the bar perfectly, sometimes instead of a green release it gives you a good release and I haven't had a single one of those go in. If you get a good release with a little sliver of black because the timing isn't quite perfect then it has a chance of going in, but if the bar is totally filled then I miss every single time.

It feels like the game just decides it doesn't want to give you a green release and makes it clang off the rim.

I've noticed that, too. It feels like my "Slightly Early/Late" shots go in at a higher rate than my "Good" shots. It can get frustrating when I put up a "Good/Wide Open" shot that clanks the rim, then later hit a "Slightly Early/Contested" shot. Seems like it's a little off on that end.

Glass Joe

Switch owners, here's some strats to avoid some of the biggest game breaking bugs...

After playing a session, close the game out completely. Return to the home menu and close the actual game. Before restarting at a later date, make sure you have internet access confirmed by the Switch beforehand. Look for the wifi indicator or maybe even see if you can enter the eShop first, just to be certain.

Do not let the system enter sleep mode at any time when playing. Yes, this limits the appeal of playing on the go drastically. But because of the current handshaking / vc system, you absolutely cannot let your current internet connection to the game go.

Assuming rightly that the chuggy cutscenes bother you, they seem to run much better when docked.

The Park is totally fucked for me. I'm out of sync like some tragic time travel experiment gone wrong. I'll go into the park with friends and everything I see is literally thirty seconds behind, so my friend will run off to another court and ready up but he'll be standing next to me on my screen.

It's like that for everything, I'll ready up on a spot and my friend will see me standing on the spot but my player won't take his place on my screen for another 30 seconds. The games on the courts are all moving in slow-motion, I have no idea what is going on.

This youtuber is putting out max stats for all the positions and builds. Only thing is, he's not going through the different heights and weights and all that. But at least you can eyeball it for those who haven't invested yet or are trying to make a 2nd (lol good luck).

https://youtu.be/AoaeQL_UDsM

StereoVsn

This attribute grinding is getting to me. I was at the gym (real one) today and was trying to figure out how many points I would get for my next level upgrade doing bench and squats :).

I really wish the layout was better then the max 500 per exercise. Really just doing ropes for 45 sec to get 500 every time so far is best but it's still annoying.

Hey guys, we've all been hearing about the micro transactions through this site and the media, but for someone who just wants to play regular team rosters, online, or versus the computer, are there any micro transactions involved in that? I have no interest in the creating a career or creating a player, anything like that. Just want to play Raptors versus everybody online :)

PS4 Pro here

Korezo

I can't make a basket this year for shit im mycareer... wtf happened? use to score easy in HoF and now I can't score shit on pro.. Only shotsbthat go in are greens.

StereoVsn

Hey guys, we've all been hearing about the micro transactions through this site and the media, but for someone who just wants to play regular team rosters, online, or versus the computer, are there any micro transactions involved in that? I have no interest in the creating a career or creating a player, anything like that. Just want to play Raptors versus everybody online :)

PS4 Pro here
That should be fine and gameplay is actually pretty great. Unlike MyCareer you will be making that jump shot!

PS4 Pro here

You're safe.

Ensoul

This game is a slideshow on mypark with my vanilla PS4. The PlayStation 4 just cannot handle this game. I don't think this can be fixed either.

Now starting to see a Major Performance gap between the PlayStation Pro and the PlayStation 4.

Sorry if I'm late to the chatter, but what's the overall consensus on the Switch version from those of you who own it? Any good write ups or video reviews out there?

Aww shit. My 6'8 Shotcreating Slasher might be able to hit 70 3 pt. My wing span might drop that a bit but it's good enough for Corner 3s w/ Dimer boost/Hot Zones/On Fire. That and Gold Posterizer??? Perfect for my play style since I'm not primary ballhandler and small ball 3/4.

Sorry if I'm late to the chatter, but what's the overall consensus on the Switch version from those of you who own it? Any good write ups or video reviews out there?

Switch is a buggy mess as far as cutscenes go. Good luck going from online and offline because my data just constantly gets "corrupted". It needs to connect online for some reason to load a save? Even if you started an offline mode. Kinda dumb.

But gameplay is really good. Perfect for just pick up and play but until they solve the save stuff, it's a bit of a headache.

Karish

Everyone who is not hardcore 2k fanatic likes it and some of those who are have issues with the frame rate

shanafan

Plays great both docked and undocked. Currently playing through a season with a expansion team I created. I love taking quick screenshots with the screenshot button.

I did some online too with the 3 on 3 playground, and had no issues. Really happy with my overall purchase.

Everyone who is not hardcore 2k fanatic likes it and some of those who are have issues with the frame rate

Not a hardcore 2K player. I haven't spent this much time with 2K since 2K13, and I can see the framerate affecting some people but I got used to it rather quickly. Feels natural to me now.

Top Bottom