• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA gone full woke, excpect Floyd/Brooks/Taylor Jersey's

Pumpkin Seeds

Jul 13, 2018
Spencer Dimwiddie announced he would go with Trillion to match his number 26 in reference to the US being in 26 trillion dollars of debt.

I gotta admit that I did not expect that one.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: chocobomochi

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Good move by the NBA. Hopefully they will extend this to other causes at some point.
Good grief. Expected from you because of course it encourages your ideology, and delusion.

As for everyone else who uses sports to get away from everyday life, and politics guess that's cooked.

I've been watching the NBA for over 20 years. Absolutely done after this. This absurdity has become a mind virus that has infected every single part of daily life with no separation.

I wonder if you'll support a special white tax when that idea eventually gets floated. Payed on your income, or property taxes. I mean why not at this point?

I am absolutely done with anyone that supports this madness and I am at my breaking point. I am ready for what comes next.

Last edited:

Sakura Doritos

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2018
NBA ain’t too big to fail. Will make folks who grew up loving the NBA to just go out and buy a hoop and ball again And play by myself.

Reactions: and 3 others

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018
/Enters the mind of an NBA player

Hmmmm... I wonder which drug dealer, child abuser, or woman beater I can put on my jersey for the big game against the Lakers?

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
/Enters the mind of an NBA player

Hmmmm... I wonder which drug dealer, child abuser, or woman beater I can put on my jersey for the big game against the Lakers?
The Lakers let a rapist put his name on the back of a Jersey for 20 years, hard to see why they would stand against lesser crimes.

Reactions: cryptoadam

Monkeygourmet

Jul 8, 2019
I bet not a single one will (be allowed to) have #EndSlaveLabor #SweatShops on the back of their jersey's.

More hollow posturing.
Exactly.

These assholes are the worse.

You’ve just had the multi, multi millionaire Lewis Hamilton bitching in F1 yet he earns absolute bank being sponsored by Mercedes / Swiss Bank (Nazi collaborators) plus many Sports Brands (Modern Day Slavery / Sweat Shops).

These spineless ass holes will do *anything* to deflect the rabid group from their own shady and elastic moral compasses.

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
This I don’t nearly care about as much as I do the Kings play by play man being fired for saying all lives matter. If I wasn’t already done with the NBA I would have been after that.

But I quit watching the NBA about a year or so ago, and will never watch it ever again, for reasons not related to social justice initiatives.

Yoda

Jun 17, 2011
No. of statements about Hong Kongers losing the small scraps of democracy they had left: 0

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
This I don’t nearly care about as much as I do the Kings play by play man being fired for saying all lives matter. If I wasn’t already done with the NBA I would have been after that.

But I quit watching the NBA about a year or so ago, and will never watch it ever again, for reasons not related to social justice initiatives.
I forgot about that. So after firing this guy now they are going to allow their players to have approved political statements. What hypocrites. They should give him back his job if this is the case.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

And now its BLM on the courts.

What about Free Hong Kong on the courts?

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
It doesn't bother me if they are making political statements with their clothes, court paint, etc. The only thing that would bother me is if the league discriminates when allowing such.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009
Another stunning three-pointer from There Is No Ethical Consumption Under Capitalism. He's been on fire all night.

• Fire
Reactions: Tesseract

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
It doesn't bother me if they are making political statements with their clothes, court paint, etc. The only thing that would bother me is if the league discriminates when allowing such.
Do you think a player will be able to wear a all lives matter, MAGA, Trump 45, Hong Kong, Free Tibet, Free Uighyers, Jerusalem is Israel, Judea is Israel statements?

You do know that the NBA fired a play by play guy because he said all lives matter, and now 3 weeks later after firing the guy they say the players can make these types of statements.

The league already discriminates.

Vade

Dec 28, 2012
Finally I can get to see my two favorite players ‘Free Palestine’ and ‘Death to Israel’ .
I mean that’s the demographic that’s huge right?

/s

Sacred

Aug 22, 2018
Fuck the NBA pandering to the mob while supporting a communist government with a real dictatorship that just enslaved Hong Kong. They only give a shit about their advertisers and endorsements, so fuck this whole league and I will never watch another game or support another player.

EHuntingon

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2013
Michigan
I don't follow the NBA at all, but how likely are fans to tune out over all this? Over the Fourth, I had time to chat with my family, and it was nice to hear from everyday people, disconnected from politics. I heard some talk of Kaepernick and NASCAR, but I don't know if it's just grumbling or if it's a real dissatisfaction.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

-Arcadia-

Aug 20, 2019
Fans of everything right now are having to make some hard decisions over the fun they have in their free time, versus the growing sickening feeling from being woke preached to.

My best to sports fans. Sorry you have to live in Retard World.

Reactions: and 3 others

Slaylock

Jan 8, 2007

I guess it was inevitable they would limit what they could put on their jerseys. Here's the approved list:
  • Black Lives Matter
  • Say Their Names
  • Vote
  • I Can't Breathe
  • Justice
  • Peace
  • Equality
  • Freedom
  • Enough
  • Power to the People
  • Justice Now
  • Say Her Name
  • Sí Se Puede (Yes We Can)
  • Liberation
  • See Us
  • Hear Us
  • Respect Us
  • Love Us
  • Listen
  • Listen to Us
  • Stand Up
  • Ally
  • Anti-Racist
  • I Am A Man
  • Speak Up
  • How Many More
  • Group Economics
  • Education Reform
  • Mentor

DESTROYA

Jan 1, 2011
USA

I guess it was inevitable they would limit what they could put on their jerseys. Here's the approved list:
  • Black Lives Matter
  • Say Their Names
  • Vote
  • I Can't Breathe
  • Justice
  • Peace
  • Equality
  • Freedom
  • Enough
  • Power to the People
  • Justice Now
  • Say Her Name
  • Sí Se Puede (Yes We Can)
  • Liberation
  • See Us
  • Hear Us
  • Respect Us
  • Love Us
  • Listen
  • Listen to Us
  • Stand Up
  • Ally
  • Anti-Racist
  • I Am A Man
  • Speak Up
  • How Many More
  • Group Economics
  • Education Reform
  • Mentor
Can’t wait to see ”I cant breathe “ dunk over “ Black Lives Matter”.

• LOL

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Easy for me to say goodbye after 25 years of being a fan, and going to games.

What's wierd, is the slow unfolding of all of this has made it significantly easier to end relationships I've had with brands, and business. First it was the razors, then brands, and now a sport.

Saves me money, and time. I've had a league pass subscription for years now, and I will cancel and never return unless there is an apology. I know this will never happen so the walk away is even easier knowing they don't value me as a fan anyway.

I know my enemy well now. Easy to spot, and easy to make sure I don't support them.

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
Easy for me to say goodbye after 25 years of being a fan, and going to games.

What's wierd, is the slow unfolding of all of this has made it significantly easier to end relationships I've had with brands, and business. First it was the razors, then brands, and now a sport.

Saves me money, and time. I've had a league pass subscription for years now, and I will cancel and never return unless there is an apology. I know this will never happen so the walk away is even easier knowing they don't value me as a fan anyway.

I know my enemy well now. Easy to spot, and easy to make sure I don't support them.
Yeah I only recently really got into the NBA (last 5-6 years). Just a very causal highlight watcher up til then. But I’ve got the same thing going on with football. I’ve truly had enough. I won’t support a league that is willing to shit all over the country makes them all millions and billions of dollars. These organizations don’t realize how easy it is for most of the fans to move on. They still get the diehards and gamblers. But I think there are plenty of people out there that won’t have a hard time letting go.

Wizz-Art

Aug 20, 2012
Keep shoving things through my throat I never asked for in my sports and entertainment. NBA is another addition to the ever expanding list of things I don't spend my money on I guess...

Oct 26, 2018

• Black Lives Matter
  • Say Their Names
  • Vote
  • I Can't Breathe
  • Justice
  • Peace
  • Equality
  • Freedom
  • Enough
  • Power to the People
  • Justice Now
  • Say Her Name