• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
It's preseason. And this is like a 30, 35 win team max. Who cares about how many games he might cost us. He's young as fuck and developing. You want him to go through that shit because that's the only way he's going to get better. Y'all sounding like Byron Scott or something.

I'm not opposed to Ingram taking shots in close games, but he clanked, like, 4 in a row and turned the damn ball over. That was too many touches for a guy struggling like he is, especially when other guys who are right next to him are playing better. Also, when a team is this young and hungry and has no hopes for the playoffs every win means a little something. Yes, even in fuck-ball pre-season. This team needs to get as many W's as they can get their little hands on to build some confidence. There is literally nothing else to even fight for.

I'm not mad at Ingram for taking shots in crunch time, but god damn, that shit was brutal to watch, I don't give a fuck what part of the season this is. It was objectively bad. He needs to focus on defense and stop forcing shots he's not capable of making right now. His defense these past few games has been damn good actually. He needs to cool it and focus on that.

It simply isn't Ingram's time. He needs to focus on using that length to rebound and play defense. The offense will come along in due time. It has to playing along side Lonzo.

As far as the loss, it is preseason but Luke kept Lopez out too long and let Gober beast on the Laker front court. Luke also called for Ingram to take those final shots instead of Kuzma.

ViciousDS

Banned
bulls youth looking hungry......Justin Holiday being given more minutes is great....markkanens release is so beautiful.

Come regular season I don't see them winning a lot.....but I think they could pull for 8th seed with Lavine back....but we all know they going to trade away lopez at the all star break to make sure they don't get to inspired......because Gar basically said fuck you fanbase....we are trying to lose

bulls youth looking hungry......Justin Holiday being given more minutes is great....markkanens release is so beautiful.

Come regular season I don't see them winning a lot.....but I think they could pull for 8th seed with Lavine back....but we all know they going to trade away lopez at the all star break to make sure they don't get to inspired......because Gar basically said fuck you fanbase....we are trying to lose

Why would you want a team to fight for the 8th seed in the East instead of tanking?

Why would you want a team to fight for the 8th seed in the East instead of tanking?

This. Markkanen is similar to Dirk in that his body needs a year or two to mature. He's a 20 year old kid, but with that stroke and fadeaway, he'll be a fine pro in a year or two. But they need to lose to get better. 8th seed does nothing for them.

Cheebo

Banned

There isn't a single Bulls fan on the planet that wants them to try to actually win this year.

None.

plus

Wolves extend Andrew Wiggins to 5 years, 148 million just like Embiid's contract. Sixers and Wolves got some big balls, hope these guys pan out

Wolves extend Andrew Wiggins to 5 years, 148 million just like Embiid's contract. Sixers and Wolves got some big balls, hope these guys pan out

$30 million a year to your third best player. Wolves better hope Wiggins improves dramatically, otherwise they will be paying bank to Rudy Gay 2.0.

mjp2417

Banned

Yikes. At least with Embiid you can easily see possible universes in which he justifies the contract and even becomes a significant bargain. I don't see it with Wiggins at all.

Yikes. At least with Embiid you can easily see possible universes in which he justifies the contract and even becomes a significant bargain. I don't see it with Wiggins at all.

I mean, at least Wiggins can play. If you put a gun to my head, I'd probably take him over the guy who can't even see the court. People underestimate just how important of a skill "health" is.

jmizzal

I mean, at least Wiggins can play. If you put a gun to my head, I'd probably take him over the guy who can't even see the court. People underestimate just how important of a skill "health" is.

Yup much rather pay a guy thats on the court then not, Wiggins can give you 20 a game, rather its high volume shooting or not, not many players in the NBA can do that. Embiid has played 31 games in what 3 years

Jarate

Banned
Marcus Smart with a 3 point shot is actually a max player in the league

Im not sure about Smart right now, but that's the only huge glaring hole in his game. If he can shoot 36-40% from three, he's a great asset as a 2nd or 3rd player on a good team.

x player is top 10 once he learns how to play at the level of a top 10 player consistently and is not injured throughout the season to make a difference.

Can I get paid as a scout nao

megalowho

Marcus Smart with a 3 point shot is actually a max player in the league

Im not sure about Smart right now, but that's the only huge glaring hole in his game. If he can shoot 36-40% from three, he's a great asset as a 2nd or 3rd player on a good team.
Would make the heat checks easier to swallow if the percentages start to back up the decision making. Shot selection is another area he can become more efficient offensively, but he makes up for it in other ways including steady improvement to his passing game.

Even if he regresses from preseason averages, Diet Cobra isn't fucking around in his contract year and Ainge shouldn't either if he's part of the future.

jbug617

Banned
Celtics starting Tatum at the 4 today. I wonder if it's because Morris needs more time or he really made the jump to the starting line up.

Top Bottom