• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs 2019-2020 |OT|

caffeware

Banned
CwO7Ohu.jpg

image by Cutty Flam Cutty Flam

Screenshot-2020-08-17-NBA-Basketball-Schedule.png

Screenshot-2020-08-17-NBA-Basketball-Schedule-1.png

Screenshot-2020-08-17-NBA-Basketball-Schedule-2.png

Screenshot-2020-08-17-NBA-Basketball-Schedule-3.png

Screenshot-2020-08-17-NBA-Basketball-Schedule-4.png

Screenshot-2020-08-17-NBA-Basketball-Schedule-5.png

Screenshot-2020-08-17-NBA-Basketball-Schedule-6.png

Last edited:

caffeware

Banned
Game 1, halftime: Nuggets up 59-52.

For Jazz:
D. Mitchell 19 pts, 5 reb
J. Ingles 10 pts, 4 ast
J. Clarkson 10 pts
R. Gobert 8 pts

For Nuggets:
J. Murray 14 pts
N. Jokic 13 pts, 6 reb
M. Porter Jr. 8pts, 6 reb
Jerami Grant 8 pts

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Hell yeah bro, this is more visible. Good idea

Fuck Brooklyn for not putting a nail in Portland’s season smh. Going to enjoy watching the Raps beat these weak boys down. Nick Nurse is a damn good coach, should be a gentleman’s sweep that series

Last edited:

Dthomp

I just can't bring myself to care what happens this current season. Too much time off, too much rust for me to feel like this playoff matters or that the title doesn't deserve a giant asterisk by it. My team (Boston) could win a title and all I would wonder is how much of a benefit did my injury riddled team during the season get by having the extra time to recover that they would not have had. Also how did this effect teams that were in the heat of a playoff push only to have to cool off and lose things that matter like home court advantage etc.

Not saying you shouldn't enjoy it, more power to you if you do, but until fans can return and we can safely go back to normal sports I'm just not into the half assed versions of all sports we are getting.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I think we'll see Lakers / Bucks in the Finals.
Lakers vs Blazers and Lakers vs Clippers will be good series too though

bender

What time is it?
Kanter missed a bunch of gimmes, Smart wasn't at his best, Timelord looked tentative. It's not a great unit, Danny should have added some depth.

I was going to compliment the Celtics depth before looking at the box score and say that maybe Hayward isn't needed (not that his stat line was amazing). I've always thought you could run a second unit offense through Kanter. Dude can get buckets down low.

I was going to compliment the Celtics depth before looking at the box score and say that maybe Hayward isn't needed (not that his stat line was amazing). I've always thought you could run a second unit offense through Kanter. Dude can get buckets down low.

Kanter is not terrible, but I don't think you can run an offense through him. He's very situational. The problem with the Celtics bench is the lack of scoring. Semi and Grant are very redundant players, they're solid defenders who will give you hustle points and not much else. Wanamaker is as unspectacular as they come. Romeo is absolutely not ready. Timelord is the X factor, but he looked like ass tonight.

Point is, miss Hayward and you need to start Semi. That means the defense can sag off two guys, which is obviously not good.

bender

What time is it?
Kanter is not terrible, but I don't think you can run an offense through him. He's very situational. The problem with the Celtics bench is the lack of scoring. Semi and Grant are very redundant players, they're solid defenders who will give you hustle points and not much else. Wanamaker is as unspectacular as they come. Romeo is absolutely not ready. Timelord is the X factor, but he looked like ass tonight.

Point is, miss Hayward and you need to start Semi. That means the defense can sag off two guys, which is obviously not good.

Can't start Smart with Tatum, Brown, Kemba?

Can't start Smart with Tatum, Brown, Kemba?

That's the closing line-up and Smart doesn't give you enough shooting to offset the hit to the bench. You need to always keep at least 2 of these guys on the court, 3 with Hayward. Start Smart and the first guy off the bench is Wanamaker. Which scares me.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I just can't bring myself to care what happens this current season. Too much time off, too much rust for me to feel like this playoff matters or that the title doesn't deserve a giant asterisk by it. My team (Boston) could win a title and all I would wonder is how much of a benefit did my injury riddled team during the season get by having the extra time to recover that they would not have had. Also how did this effect teams that were in the heat of a playoff push only to have to cool off and lose things that matter like home court advantage etc.

Not saying you shouldn't enjoy it, more power to you if you do, but until fans can return and we can safely go back to normal sports I'm just not into the half assed versions of all sports we are getting.
None of these guys are rusty, they're revving the engine and ready to roll on teams. Two teams scored 134 pts or more tonight...

Think what you will but this is no asterisk season. All teams have had nearly 3 months to take time off to heal and patch up all the injuries that accrued over the course of a long and grueling regular season. If anything this year's postseason will be one of the best. I can guarantee you all the NBA players who know the league well were sharpening some aspect of their game to a degree during all the time off; preparing their bodies for the playoffs. You can't take a day off in this league and expect it to fare well for the yourself or the squad; this is a 24/7 job playing on these teams. Have to keep working on some aspect of your game if you expect to win. Half measures do not cut it in this league if you expect to compete, will never cut it if teams expect to win, much less a championship

No matter how you look at it, momentum was shifted for everyone, every team in the league. The months off allotted for much time for resting/recovery and all the smart players maybe took two weeks, maybe as much as four weeks to let their bodies have a much needed rest and then they picked up and started building their arsenal as they would in the offseason. Everyone had about a month to rest and a few months to greatly improve maybe one or two aspects of their game, that's how it typically goes in the offseason / summer. They've had an entire month and a half to play games in the bubble to prepare for playoff intensity

It's not "half-assed" either. In presentation, sure, due to the lack of fans. When it comes to the game itself? It's not, and you're likely going to see and hear of some of the craziest highlights during this particular NBA postseason is my guess - no matter whether you choose to view the games or not if you're any kind of fan I'm sure it'll reach you somehow. The fans not being present to fill seats and cheer / discourage teams and add to the atmosphere makes it not as fun, but I think this is going to be a great showing for most of the 16 teams playing now

This years WCF and Finals are probably going to to be insane. Western Conference Semifinals as well. If bars are open where you're at, I'll bet there's going to be some rowdy as fuck patrons viewing the game. I'm expecting some classics. First day of playoffs today and Luka Doncic set the record today for most points in a playoff debut. That's NBA history made by a 21 year old on his very first playoff game, on day 1 of NBA Playoffs

Those are my views. I can understand some fans are upset, but not much has changed if we're talking about the level of play. If anything, it's heightened. Most seem to be pressed with political decisions, but I really don't understand those who are crying over the fans not being able to attend calling this an * asterisk season, fuck that

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
NBA Playoffs is true basketball everyone thought NBA was fucked and now the bubble might be the most fun experience that some players passed up who passes up on PLAYOFF basketball? There’s pull up 3s, rivalries I think Lakers take it all.

Hinedorf

Banned
As a Lakers diehard who hasn't missed a game in over a decade I have 2 main rooting interests. 1. Kawhi Leondard miraculously breaks both of his fucking legs 2. Giannis to find a way to choke

Lakers only legit chance is if something injury-related happens to Kawhi or several Clippers at the same time, team is so ungodly deep there's nobody in the NBA even close.

This is the Clippers invitational anything short of a Championship is a major choke for that roster.

MrS

Banned
Is it still win 4 to progress or have they changed it due to rona?

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
OKC is toast. Might be a walk in the park for Houston, they look so terrible right now. No flow to their offense at all

Cutty Flam

Banned
Y'all biting the King's Koolaid... that 3-9 record ain't enough? Oh well... marketing can be a hella you know what...

Clippers should win it barring injury.
He’s known to shrink in the NBA Finals for sure but his track record in the first three rounds are impeccable. Still, that was in the East lol. This Portland team is the equivalent is the toughest team I’d say he’s faced in the playoffs since the GSW, Celtics squad that took Cavs to 7 in 2018

We’ll see how he responds

Top Bottom