• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs 2019-2020 |OT|

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What the hell is VanVleet doing on that last shot hogging it and trying to launch a 3 pt without even considering a pass? There's other guys who could launch one.

Problem with VanVleet since he became a bonafide starter when Green stunk it up and Raps got rid of him is that he sometimes thinks he's Steph Curry and can launch twelve 3 pts per game. When he has the ball you can tell half the time when he's going to hog and 3 pt it.

Good series by Celtics. They outplayed Raps as a whole and deserved the win. Raps shooters were cold.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Siakam utter disappointment. Didn’t come to play at all. Played scared even. He fucked up their chances. Nick Nurse should have benched him and left him there

Chromata

:messenger_pensive: frustrating way to go. Raptors are a good team that desperately need a star player/shot creator.

Celtics were great this series, especially Tatum.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't know who was defending VanVleet but the Celts player also looked 2-3 inches taller and VanVleet still decided to hoof a 3 pter and it got tipped. Geez.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
:messenger_pensive: frustrating way to go. Raptors are a good team that desperately need a star player/shot creator.

Celtics were great this series, especially Tatum.
Ya. They got a slew of players who can drive, launch 3;s or do their own thing, but when the key playmaker is arguably Marc Gasol standing like a statue 20 ft away from the net passing the ball, playmaking is not a strength.

A team that lives off individual drives and shots. They went cold.

The Captain man. Marcus Smart might be my favorite athlete of all time. Major, MAJOR shoutout to the Raptors. What a team! What a series! I'm drunk as balls and I can't believe what I just watched.

Xaero Gravity Xaero Gravity I guess the eiffel tower plans are back baby!

caffeware

Banned
captureu6jik.png

bender

What time is it?
I don't know who was defending VanVleet but the Celts player also looked 2-3 inches taller and VanVleet still decided to hoof a 3 pter and it got tipped. Geez.

He got shut down, called for a screen, got shut down again after using said screen and then decided to put up that Hail Mary that got blocked. When contract negotiations go completely wrong.

Maybe Siakam is a better Robin than a Batman.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
TSN has been gushing about Raps losing, but how it wasn't that bad since they still accomplished the best record in Raps history, they clawed back to make a game 7 and such.

C'mon. Celts beat them. Raps were favoured. Raps wins were all squeakers. Two of the Celts wins were blowouts by half time. Siakim shots bricks all playoffs (except one 5/9 game), and VanVleet was cold against Celts. What a shitty last shot he did tonight.

I'm going for Heat to win. Jimmy Butler is awesome. I don't know if he got ran out of town by 76ers, but he's better than Embiid IMO.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
TSN has been gushing about Raps losing, but how it wasn't that bad since they still accomplished the best record in Raps history, they clawed back to make a game 7 and such.

C'mon. Celts beat them. Raps were favoured. Raps wins were all squeakers. Two of the Celts wins were blowouts by half time. Siakim shots bricks all playoffs (except one 5/9 game), and VanVleet was cold against Celts. What a shitty last shot he did tonight.

I'm going for Heat to win. Jimmy Butler is awesome. I don't know if he got ran out of town by 76ers, but he's better than Embiid IMO.

I think the Heat win the title. I only hope it is Lebron who take the L.

15cu0d.jpg

So, looking ahead, I think the Heat has been playing better than the Celtics, but don't overlook how incredible the Raptors defense was. The Heat will not match that level, not even close. I really hope Hayward is back.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I think the Heat/Celtics series will be hard fought as well. Matchups are pretty even. Jimmy Butler has more experience than everyone on the court and seems to be ready

I think Nick Nurse fucked up. Spoelstra isn’t going to be so shaken up and I think he has more to throw at the Celtics than Nurse had tbh. When your player plays as bad as Siakam does, when your player looks as lost and as hesitant to move / create when on the floor, you bench his ass and leave him there. I think Siakam and Nurse are to blame. Nick Nurse coaches like a mother on the sidelines. You could see the nervousness in his eyes, in his pacing. I hated seeing that. Hate the Celtics but I’d rather the better and more prepared team face the Heat and that is without a doubt the Boston Celtics. That was a great series, respect to the Raptors for putting on a show this year and fighting hard (minus Pascal)

I think the Heat/Celtics series will be hard fought as well. Matchups are pretty even. Jimmy Butler has more experience than everyone on the court and seems to be ready

It's funny that Miami plays zone a lot and the Stevens offense is theoretically built to dismantle zone defenses. However, we saw a LOT of Tatum going ass first into a zone against the Raptors and that shit will not fly. The late game execution needs to be a lot better for Boston, but it's definitely gettable if they can use the Raptors series to correct some bad ideas.

Batiman

Banned

It was an entertaining series but both teams weren’t playing their best. Pretty sloppy all around. So disappointed in Pascal. The man was tearing it up in the beginnings of the season. Not sure what happened. The man just lost all confidence. I don’t want to put the blame on him but if he played half as good as he was earlier in the season this series would’ve been easy. That’s what hurts.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Raps seem in the hunt for Giannis. He'll be $40M or more, but if Raps can somehow get rid of Gasol and Lowry to Bucks or another team to free up money, that will be gold.

Siakim - Giannis - Anunoby
VanVleet - Powell

Key bench support
F - Ibaka, Hollis J, Boucher
G - Davis, McCaw

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
So Clippers and Lakers WFC.

Lakers
- Need to shoot better from 3
- Better late game free throw shooting

Clippers
- Better defense
- Consistent scoring from Paul George

If the Lakers get good 3 point shooting from the perimeter, then its hard to see the Clippers beating the Lakers.

Pulling for the Clippers in the WCF, if they beat the Nuggets of course. Anyone but LeQueen winning is good by me. I would even root for Boston in the finals if they beat my Heat in the ECF. If I see LeChairmanXi raising the trophy I will puke.

Alex Caruso will be Finals MVP
I can live with that. I have always disliked Lebron, I don't even know why. Obviously I had to root for him for 4 years since he was on my team. Hell I have always hated The Yankees and now freaking Jeter is The Marlins owner. Fuck my life. Anyways my boy Duncan Robinson is winning the finals mvp.

EruditeHobo

Heat have been a nice story but the Lakers would take them apart I think, kill them inside. I have always liked Dragic, and honestly he's been kicking the Lakers' ass on and off for many years now... but LeBron and AD, if they get there, are going to bring it home IMO. Lakers supporting cast have used these first 2 rounds to identify what they need to do to support those two guys, the coaching staff has everyone tuned in, and while I know the respective defenses they've faced will skew things this is the best they've looked all year. The thing in the way now, IMO, is the Clips, which I think will likely be a rude awakening.

Unfortunately Clippers-Celtics to me feels like the most likely outcome... which honestly I barely would even want to tune in for. It's lose-lose in the extreme as far as I'm personally concerned. Maybe Lakers and Heat surprise me in the conference finals, who knows.

Last edited:
So Clippers and Lakers WFC.

Clippers need to take care of business first. I know it sounds like a given and it probably is, but here's the thing: they sleepwalked a bit in this post-season, don't rule out them coming out of the gates slow tomorrow and then it's game 7 against a team that has adopted the fuckball as an offensive game is not ideal. You never take a fuckballing team to 7, the Warriors learned that the hard way against the Ty Lue Cavs.

Cutty Flam

Banned
If Anthony Davis decides to run wild the Clippers are going to have one hell of a battle in front of them. Or Denver, not counting them out until it's final and official

Cutty Flam

Banned
Heat have been a nice story but the Lakers would take them apart I think, kill them inside. I have always liked Dragic, and honestly he's been kicking the Lakers' ass on and off for many years now... but LeBron and AD, if they get there, are going to bring it home IMO. Lakers supporting cast have used these first 2 rounds to identify what they need to do to support those two guys, the coaching staff has everyone tuned in, and while I know the respective defenses they've faced will skew things this is the best they've looked all year. The thing in the way now, IMO, is the Clips, which I think will likely be a rude awakening.

Unfortunately Clippers-Celtics to me feels like the most likely outcome... which honestly I barely would even want to tune in for. It's lose-lose in the extreme as far as I'm personally concerned. Maybe Lakers and Heat surprise me in the conference finals, who knows.
I feel the same way, Heat are going to play and get a win or two but ultimately they would fold against the Lakers unless they shot lights out all night long from downtown. I can't see them or the Celtics being enough to put them away if LeBron and AD are playing well. Goran Dragic is a player I really wish the Lakers had pursued; I'm a big fan of his game as well. Dude is pretty hardcore consistent and tough. But Rondo somehow kicks it into second gear willingly during the playoffs, it would be an excellent matchup

LAL versus LAC is going to be all out war but if Anthony Davis stays strong and has it in him to dial it in for seven games, prepared, then Lakers will put them away. If the bench comes through and doesn't drop the ball, plus AD comes to play then the Clippers are going to be put to bed book it. Davis needs to recognize there's nobody there to stop him, put his head down and give the Clippers something to be terrified of. If he asserts himself, it's game over. The tricky part is that he has largely been playing to the flow of the game and his teammates. Versus the Clippers his team is going to need him to be calling for that ball, demanding it, and making plays for himself and others. I really hope he's up for this challenge, the Clippers might have a bit of trouble defending the pick and roll at times so I'm expecting AD to go to work

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Fair enough.

No one's ever led 3 different rosters to 4 championship rings. Peerless.
Sorry, Wade was at Miami, and a ringholder, long before "The King" got there.

Edit ... also, Tim Duncan says hello, amongst others.
Every year is a different roster, so MJ is definitely laughing at LJ about that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Right but Wade didn't lead Miami to two titles with LeBron on that team.
Why not?
Is LeChild the leader whatever he "takes his talents"?
In that case, he's led "his" teams to many, many failures. Probably more than any other player in sporting history. Congratulations, I guess.

Top Bottom