• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs 2019-2020 |OT|

bender

What time is it?
giphy.gif

Lakers in 5

Beat them 3 out of 4 times in regular season, only lost when LeBron didn't play. Series comes down to 3 role players Kyle Kuzma, Michael Porter Jr. and Paul Milsap. If Kuzma shows up Lakers own this, if Kuzma plays like unreliable Kuzma and Porter Jr. continues to play like a stud anything is possible.

Nuggets in 3.

giphy.gif

Oh I want a Heat vs Lakers finals so bad! I want the godfather Pat Riley to look into Lebron's soul and just suck it out of him like Gaunter O'Dimm did to Olgierd in The Witcher 3. That being said, fuck Le3&6, Nuggets in 6 baby.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I know Denver just made an epic comback, but I think the Clippers were a very vulnerable team.

The Lakers just seem to be on another level and they're playing their best basketball of the season. Dwight and McGee were basically a non-factor in the last series and they're going to have their bigs match up pretty well with Denvers. I would have been great to have Avery Bradly for this series, but I think they good enough on the perimeter to defensively to get past this series.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
The only player I see with potential on the Clippers is Montrezl Harrell. The rest are pretenders surrounding Kawhi. He might find himself in the same position next year unless Patrick Beverly somehow ups his game heavily in the offseason. Zubaca learns how to shoot or something. 50 years not reaching the WCF 😂😂🤣😂🤣😂😂😂
The Cleveland Browns of the NBA.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I'm picking Lakers in 5.

It's hard to see any of the remaining teams beating the Lakers at this point.
I’m thinking the same thing. The path has been cleared to annihilate the opposition

Lakers versus Celtics would be the toughest. Just due to the history and the vicious rivalry between the two teams. Even without the fans, I think the matchup alone could fuel some kind of crazy games you would never see quite the same otherwise; simply out of the pride that comes with being a part of such a legendary showdown

Would love to see the Lakers play the Heat as well. But tbh I hate both teams. Would be a devastating loss to lose to either of those teams. Would be proud of Denver if they managed to defeat but I don’t see it happening unless Murray starts walking on water like Steph Curry used to in 2015, 2016 seasons. Jokic is as skilled a big man as we’ll see, he’s up there but his defense is pitiful. Lakers should feast in the paint and overwhelm if we can hit threes semi-consistently

bender

What time is it?
Nuggets getting the chip is the only outcome that makes everyone warm and fuzzy. Fuck the Lakers, Fuck trademarking "the brow", Fuck Pat Riley, Fuck the Heat, Fuck Wade, Fuck Danny Ainge,, Fuck the Celtics, Fuck Paul Pierce, and to a lesser extent, Fuck LeBron.

giphy.gif

You really want this dude to have a ring?

748290a43cfe4bef1906ce04293ff191b6-22-Kyle-Kuzma.rsquare.w700.jpg

Nuggets in 1

Last edited:

cudiye

This years Playoffs have been bonkers. The East have been more entertaining imo and even next year would be even better; with the KyrieDurant-Nets and Giannis going to the Heat ;)

The Nuggets have a bright future ahead of them however they lack the experience being so young. Lakers in 6.

Although it would be poetic having the Lakers win it all in the finals against the celtics for Kobe, I can’t see the celtics win against the Heat. Heat in 5.

Not to mention nothing makes me happier than seeing the Clippers lose. Kawhi should’ve stayed in Toronto.

EruditeHobo

Nuggets looked like this in large part because jobbers named Ivan Zubac and Montrezl Harrell were asked to guard Joker.

Anthony Davis has that job now. Jokers coming back down to earth, no question.

I hope you are right... Zubac I definitely agree with, and maybe Harrell doesn't have the length to really bother Jokic. He should have more trouble in the lane than he did against the Clippers.

We will see, it's a really interesting series matchup-wise. They have no real answer for LeBron or AD, but they are playing very good team basketball right now.

Joker got 22 rebounds and 13 assists this last game. No way the Laker bigs let him stroll around and go where he wants the way the Clippers let him do. Denver had a lot of energy but really played a sloppy style of ball on both ends. The Lakers will play solid fundamental basketball and impose their will.

Nuggets getting the chip is the only outcome that makes everyone warm and fuzzy. Fuck the Lakers, Fuck trademarking "the brow", Fuck Pat Riley, Fuck the Heat, Fuck Wade, Fuck Danny Ainge,, Fuck the Celtics, Fuck Paul Pierce, and to a lesser extent, Fuck LeBron.

giphy.gif

You really want this dude to have a ring?

748290a43cfe4bef1906ce04293ff191b6-22-Kyle-Kuzma.rsquare.w700.jpg

Nuggets in 1
LOL

Kyle Kuzma have stepped up with his play this year. I like how he's a more aggressive scorer this season.

He's becoming a decent two-way player.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
LOL

Kyle Kuzma have stepped up with his play this year. I like how he's a more aggressive scorer this season.

He's becoming a decent two-way player.

I personally think he's taken a major step back this year not that he doesn't have potential on any given night. Last year with Lonzo it's like he knew he was playing with house money and go out there and put up 30. Making him a bench player hasn't done a lot for him being a consistent scorer but his defense is definitely improved.

If there's any player who I'm individually rooting for is Anthony Caruso. If we're talking effort he reminds me of Westbrook in how he just gives himself on nearly every play. An honorable mention would be Dwight who's done so much for this team as the most underrated role player on the roster.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I personally think he's taken a major step back this year not that he doesn't have potential on any given night. Last year with Lonzo it's like he knew he was playing with house money and go out there and put up 30. Making him a bench player hasn't done a lot for him being a consistent scorer but his defense is definitely improved.

If there's any player who I'm individually rooting for is Anthony Caruso. If we're talking effort he reminds me of Westbrook in how he just gives himself on nearly every play. An honorable mention would be Dwight who's done so much for this team as the most underrated role player on the roster.

But his lack of hair!

Cutty Flam

Banned
Marcus Smart reportedly throwing shit around and calling guys a fucking cocksucker after this sorry game. Good for him, I sure as shit would be latrell sprewelling Stevens if I could.
How did Smart play? I missed the first half. Was he playing good? Cuz it seemed like he’s ready to take on blame and put up shots. There’s no breaks in his play this year and that’s a great way to play. Can’t be scared to lead an offense for any amount of time when on the floor

I wasn’t analyzing the game much, I would hate to have Brad Stevens leading me personally if I were a player lol

Bit from what I saw, wasn’t anything to break down over. Probably just him trying to spark something?

edit: getting his team to flip a switch and put it into second gear

Last edited:
Ainge owes us for that Rondo trade. Too bad he's a competent GM and Donny and Mark are like monkeys throwing feces at one another when it comes to inner league workings.

That trade was masterful. Too bad Ainge lacks that FINAL MOVE, he makes excellent moves left and right and yet it always feels like he comes up one short.

How did Smart play? I missed the first half. Was he playing good? Cuz it seemed like he’s ready to take on blame and put up shots. There’s no breaks in his play this year and that’s a great way to play. Can’t be scared to lead an offense for any amount of time when on the floor

I wasn’t analyzing the game much, I would hate to have Brad Stevens leading me personally if I were a player lol

Bit from what I saw, wasn’t anything to break down over. Probably just him trying to spark something?

edit: getting his team to flip a switch and put it into second gear

Smart played like shit in the second half like everyone did. I hope he held himself accountable, there's just no excuse for getting outhustled that bad. It was a mix of everything that can go wrong. Boston couldn't make passes, couldn't break the zone, Miami played incredibly well and also hit some circus shots, Boston somehow got a lead late and couldn't make a single play after that. Just a very, VERY frustrating game.

I got to say that I'm very proud of my Miami Heat. No one expected us to get this far. It doesn't matter if they're down by double digits in the 4th quarter or down by 17 in the 3rd quarter. They don't quit or take plays off. They remind me of the 2004 Pistons, that team didn't have a transcendent superstar but all of them played together and conquered the mighty Lakers with Kobe, Shaq, Payton, Malone etc.

Even if The Heat don't end up winning this series or the NBA finals I think the sky is the limit for this organization. "Heat Culture" whatever that means...has proven to be a real thing and I bet a lot of free agents are looking at this organization with Riley and Couch Spo at the helm and want to line up to join them. Damn proud of my guys!!!

HarryKS

I got to say that I'm very proud of my Miami Heat. No one expected us to get this far. It doesn't matter if they're down by double digits in the 4th quarter or down by 17 in the 3rd quarter. They don't quit or take plays off. They remind me of the 2004 Pistons, that team didn't have a transcendent superstar but all of them played together and conquered the mighty Lakers with Kobe, Shaq, Payton, Malone etc.

Even if The Heat don't end up winning this series or the NBA finals I think the sky is the limit for this organization. "Heat Culture" whatever that means...has proven to be a real thing and I bet a lot of free agents are looking at this organization with Riley and Couch Spo at the helm and want to line up to join them. Damn proud of my guys!!!

There is a superstar on your team...

I guess you could say that but Jimmy is not like other superstars that score 30+ every game. The other day Skip Bayless & Shannon were ranking their top 30 NBA players and they left Buttler out of their ranking. He is overlooked all the time for a top tier superstar.

bender

What time is it?
I guess you could say that but Jimmy is not like other superstars that score 30+ every game. The other day Skip Bayless & Shannon were ranking their top 30 NBA players and they left Buttler out of their ranking. He is overlooked all the time for a top tier superstar.

Skip knows jack shit about basketball. Just listen to him talk about LeBron or Luka. Undisputed is a stage show and should be looked at as "entertainment" and not a place to extract meaningful information.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member

The Pistons had two stars as well. The Heat have one of the deepest teams I have seen in recent memory. The world-class conditioning, coaching and championship experience has been the difference maker down the stretch.

10-1 these playoffs is nothing to sneeze at and this is the most funHeat team to watch since the 2015 Heat.

bender

What time is it?
The Pistons had two stars as well. The Heat have one of the deepest teams I have seen in recent memory. The world-class conditioning, coaching and championship experience has been the difference maker down the stretch.

10-1 these playoffs is nothing to sneeze at and this is the most funHeat team to watch since the 2015 Heat.

As someone who hates the Heat, the supporting cast and depth therein is amazing. They play so fucking hard and are fun to watch. Olynyk with a long distant bank three? No problem. They are going to win it all this year. Also, fuck the Heat.

Hinedorf

Banned

Heat were fun as hell to watch this year. For all of Paul George's bullshit talk about not having enough time together look at what Jimmy has done.

This year has exposed so many in big ways, Twolves/76ers both got soft ass players and it was never Jimmy's fault. Erik Spolestra is out coaching Brad Stevens in every way.

As a Lakers fan the Heat's 3 shooting scares me a lot more than anything the Celtics have.

bender

What time is it?
Heat were fun as hell to watch this year. For all of Paul George's bullshit talk about not having enough time together look at what Jimmy has done.

This year has exposed so many in big ways, Twolves/76ers both got soft ass players and it was never Jimmy's fault. Erik Spolestra is out coaching Brad Stevens in every way.

As a Lakers fan the Heat's 3 shooting scares me a lot more than anything the Celtics have.

Jimmy plays like a guy trying to make the squad. When that is your superstar, it leads the way for effort and hustle. The Heat are the perfect spot for him and I don't think we'll see his off court "issues" pop up again.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Jimmy plays like a guy trying to make the squad. When that is your superstar, it leads the way for effort and hustle. The Heat are the perfect spot for him and I don't think we'll see his off court "issues" pop up again.

Like it’s been mentioned, it’s also incredibly embarrassing on both the Philadelphia and Minnesota organizations. In retrospect, it must have been really frustrating for Butler.

I think about players like Kevin Love who have gotten comfortable and stopped trying, not only with demands, but with his lackluster, lazy play this season.

Hinedorf

Banned
I mean I want the Lakers to kick ass but this isn't much of a watchable game. Lakers got in their head early and haven't let up.

Not sure if it's Nuggets being careless or Lakers playing their best defense since in the bubble. Lakers playing with the type of mentality the Clippers didn't have let's just see it happen for 4 quarters. It's hard to believe with as great as the Nuggets played previously they're at such a mismatch.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
We're watching the varsity team scrimmage the JV team.

The only way Den gets a game in this series is if Murray goes off for 50. They're so overmatched everywhere on the court.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Dwight Howard punking Jokic getting him frustrated and into foul trouble early lol

This is going to be good. Jokic will have trouble so we’re going to see his fiery side come out again. He’ll leave it all on display now; I’ve been wondering just how great he is. It’s been hard to tell due to how willing he is to trust his teammates and create for them. But this time he’ll have to take things into his own hands. Porter Jr. should be thankful he’s even on the court, rookies don’t usually get the go ahead in playoff games. But due to his skill, he’s allowed being trusted / allotted a fair amount of playing time. Murray wont be allowed so much freedom; the Lakers will swarm him and force him to make plays. Jokic is the one who can tilt the scales. The only question is, is he smart enough to see that and attack every chance he gets?

Unless Porter Jr is ready to put on a legendary rookie performance, this series will depend on Jokic imo, and how far he’s willing to go

bender

What time is it?
Dwight Howard punking Jokic getting him frustrated and into foul trouble early lol

This is going to be good. Jokic will have trouble so we’re going to see his fiery side come out again. He’ll leave it all on display now; I’ve been wondering just how great he is. It’s been hard to tell due to how willing he is to trust his teammates and create for them. But this time he’ll have to take things into his own hands. Porter Jr. should be thankful he’s even on the court, rookies don’t usually get the go ahead in playoff games. But due to his skill, he’s allowed being trusted / allotted a fair amount of playing time. Murray wont be allowed so much freedom; the Lakers will swarm him and force him to make plays. Jokic is the one who can tilt the scales. The only question is, is he smart enough to see that and attack every chance he gets?

Unless Porter Jr is ready to put on a legendary rookie performance, this series will depend on Jokic imo, and how far he’s willing to go

They should start Plumlee along with Jokic and arm him with a lot of child support jokes and Shaq's number so he can figure out how to annoy Howard/McGee.

Top Bottom