• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10: Videogame Scam of the Year - post#476 you gotta be KIDDING

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Smokey said:
Fixed a soft hang on an inbound where the inbounding player would miss the ball handoff from the referee
Wow.

And isn't it the 2K baseball games that were so terrible recently as well?

Do they just, like, NOT have QA at all?

The thing that pisses me off is the framerate is worse this year. You go up for a dunk/layup/shot and it just ruins the flow of the game. I just stopped playing and strongly considering going back to Live.

kamspy

It's actually buggier than 2K9 somehow. Much. Much fucking buggier. I've actually gone back to 2k9 with a roster patch to play my offline 'chise this year.

Live will get my money next year. They had a good rookie attempt with Wang, but 2K just burnt me too bad to even spend anymore gaming dollars on basketball for the rest of the season.

sohois

Damn. And i was considering picking 2k10 up this year after spending several years not playing basketball games. Thanks for the warning

Smokey

VibratingDonkey said:
What's all this then? How could so many of them just gloss over all these issues?

This to me is even more pathetic.

No reviews made any mentions on these type of game busting bugs. And they give it 8-9. Pathetic.

And this wasn't a day one patch. It was fixing stuff that had been WRONG since day one. So they've had 6 weeks to make a patch to correct all these issues, and it STILL fucked up things.

The game is a joke.

I have to force myself to play MyPlayer mode just so I can get some type of value out of the money I spent.

^^ Reviewers don't mention these issues cause some of the dudes just skim through the modes and dabble online for a minute and write some bullshit. I believe that 100%, especially on yearly games.

30$ roster updates are the answer to these yearly game imo. They clearly don't have the manpower or skill to pull the game off every year.

For the record 2k9 was the balls. Love that game.

ecnal

Smokey said:
What's worse is if you speak up about this on their forums, the con artist admins will delete your posts. They are stealing people's money and they know it.

ya, this really needs to be taken note of more seriously.

earlier, before the extent of issues were fully known, i was posting videos of ridiculous gameplay glitches through 2K's video upload service, and every single one of them was deleted.

i thought i was being paranoid or putting on my conspiracy hat, but i think it's pretty much a given these fucks are patrolling forums/community features to ensure that nothing bad is shown.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Cat in the Hat said:
30$ roster updates are the answer to these yearly game imo. They clearly don't have the manpower or skill to pull the game off every year.

For the record 2k9 was the balls. Love that game.

2k9 was great!

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
for some reason, the rest of the gaming press gave NBA 2K10 good to great scores. I, on the other hand, gave it one of the lowest scores on the net and 2k didn't enjoy that since lowered their Metacritic rating.

Smokey

Caspel said:
for some reason, the rest of the gaming press gave NBA 2K10 good to great scores. I, on the other hand, gave it one of the lowest scores on the net and 2k didn't enjoy that since lowered their Metacritic rating.

What site did you do the review for?

Live has issues as well, and they also released a major patch. The difference is how EA approaches their community. They aren't draconian with their community relations. Not to mention the gameplay designer left 2K to go to Live (Mike Wang). He saw the writing on the wall.

pilonv1

RS4- said:
Live still has problems, not as bad as 2k but it's right up there.

The issue for me is that Live's problems seem to be gameplay (goaltends not counting, no overtime) while 2k's stuff is more system stuff like auto-save not working or their servers being fucking useless.

Next year I'll be getting neither game until December.

SOLDIER

This is how I feel with Epic Games and Gears of War 2, a game that is heavily full of glitches and nonstop cheating.

Since launch, these issues remain un-addressed, and Epic no doubt doesn't give a toss as they're busy getting Gears 3 out by the 2010 holiday season.

Scum like these should have their developer licenses revoked

Also, King of Fighters XII is Beta of the Year.

KaYotiX

Banned
I rented it and played 2 games i knew it was shit....so glad i didnt buy it. Im done with basketball videogames now anyways, ill stick with MLB The Show, Madden and NHL for my sports game fixes

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Damn Smokey, youre absolutely correct though.

Im pretty open about my dislike for Live, but Live 11 is the game I will be purchasing unless 2k does something truly amazing. Practices like this shouldn't be rewarded.

It's a damn shame really because 2K10 has all sorts of cool features and modes over Live. However, I fully expect Live 11 to go for the jugular.

methane47

The game is fun but lord there are a TONNE of glitches... the online thing pisses me off the most.... I can't get into a single game.

Correction the thing that pisses me off is that the game Loads like 10 times then Saves 3 times every time you change ANYTHING..

Start up the game? Loading Roster, Loading My Player, Loading Settings, Connecting to 2k server, Loading Online details, Saving details, Autosaving My Player, Saving Settings...*

ALll of that before the first freaking menu... i HATE it

*note: These aren't exact but you get the picture.

pilonv1

MikeE21286 said:

This is one thing you can defend them on - they had only intended My Player mode to have 5 min quarters, but gave us the option based on feedback. If they'd limited it to 5mins I think that would have been game over for me.

It's a damn shame really because 2K10 has all sorts of cool features and modes over Live. However, I full expect Live 11 to go for the jugular

If Live 10 had any sort of decent dynasty mode it would be a much better option. They need to work on their franchise stats too.

mr stroke

Whats really strange about the whole franchise is they went backwards from 2k5 on??
WTF?
Really they could have updated the rosters and left everything the same as 5 years ago and it would be a better game.
I just don't understand how a game goes so backwards on THE SAME DAMN ENGINE 2k has been using since the XBOX/PS2 days:lol

pilonv1 said:
This is one thing you can defend them on - they had only intended My Player mode to have 5 min quarters, but gave us the option based on feedback. If they'd limited it to 5mins I think that would have been game over for me.

Oh, ok, just seemed like a glaringly obvious omission.

Anony

what's the big deal, lesson learnt, you should read reviews instead of blindly buying it
next time, buy the other one, you're lucky there's 2 nba games

Smokey

viakado said:

I fully expect that post to get deleted once a mod clicks and reads 'Scam'.

mr stroke said:
Whats really strange about the whole franchise is they went backwards from 2k5 on??
WTF?
Really they could have updated the rosters and left everything the same as 5 years ago and it would be a better game.
I just don't understand how a game goes so backwards on THE SAME DAMN ENGINE 2k has been using since the XBOX/PS2 days

This is part of the problem. The glitches and bugs are engine related, and 2k refuses to go to a new engine. I mentioned earlier, 2k10 launched with some of the SAME bugs that 2k9 launched with and was just now addressed in a patch 6 weeks later.

At least they tried to fix things or w/e with the patch that was released. But there are still My Player issues, and leagues don't even work. They knew about these issues but wanted to release it anyway so they wouldn't have to pay MS money for a 3rd patch..

it's a joke and they all know what they're doing over there.

Davidion

That is the longest, most loaded patch description I've ever seen. :lol All jokes about PC and console gaming aside, I feel bad for people who paid good money for this nonsense.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The Stealth Fox said:
Live is good this year. Not many modes, but gameplay is good. Half-court game is ace.

2k is barely playable.

And the Live patch actually did fix some things unlike the 2k patch.

Live is in good hands now cause of the master Wang.

Geneijin

My friend bought a copy yet he never told me about any of these glitches. He either is a hardcore 2K fan or he can't tell a difference. :lol

Smokey

Anony said:
what's the big deal, lesson learnt, you should read reviews instead of blindly buying it

joke post?

have you not read the thread?

even if one were to go off of reviews...it has a metacritic rating in the 80S.

So...where is someone supposed to go from there huh?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Chauncy Talon said:
And I almost bought this game. Another year without a basketball game for me. :(

Me too, I was a step away from getting the PC version. Fuck that noise.

I haven't even read the whole thread and plan on contributing multiple rage posts in order to get the word out.

This was thuggery

Nay

Thievery

aznpxdd said:
I'm one of the people Smokey mentioned in the OP who bought a fuckin' 360 just so I can play in the league. The only semi redeeming mode in the game is MyPlayer and even that has tons of bugs. Getting a crew game going in 2k10 is next to impossible, there were tons of times me and viakado literally tried to get a game going for 30 minutes couldn't get it to work. Not to mention this game froze my brand new Xbox 360 about 20 times (all the 2k-Age who played crew can attest to this).

This was the icing on the cake that literally had me speeding off to gamestop to trade it in a packaged deal with H3 to nearly get all of my money back. Hustle me out of my money. Make me pay for a game that's broken. But motherfucker if you try to break me AND rob me you have another thing coming. Me and the gang were trying to get into one of the games many broken modes only to have literally all of us freeze multiple times in the attempt.

Cerrius said:
NBA 2K9 was when I noticed Visual Concepts was going in a direction I did not like. Lousy online, removal of lobbies, glitches, shit gameplay, arcadey speed, etc. etc. etc.

I'm done with the 2K series until they get their act together.

For now, I'm on board the NBA Live warwagon and encourage the rest of the 2K refugees to join us!

I didn't even buy 2k9...2k8 was the last game to earn my money after buying 2k6, 2k7, and 2k8 one after the other. 2k10 looked promising...but you have my sword good sir. Live 11 future. At this point if there is a playable B-Ball game then I'm playing it. This sim this sim that means absolutely nothing if the game isn't actually playable.

Either way I won't be buying either game day 1. I won't buy 2k11 period no matter what. The netcode is just broken and can't ever be fixed this gen. Maybe next gen with a new engine we'll see an upgrade. Live 11 is the only option...and I'll rent it before I buy it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Geneijin said:
My friend bought a copy yet he never told me about any of these glitches. He either is a hardcore 2K fan or he can't tell a difference. :lol

Does your friend happen to go by the name Konex?

NeoGIF

I have to say, being a big 2K fan since the Dreamcast days, it is really embarassing to see 2K celebrating their BIG 10 anniversary like this.

I had so much expectation for this year's version that I really thought it was probably going to be the highest rated 2K ever.

Pookaki said:
QA is only good for pointing out the problems. It's up to the devs to fix them.

im familiar. by the nature of those issues, i can tell that either theres no QA, horrible QA or theres excellent QA and the devs completely ignored them...

how would you miss something like the other team not appearing on the court unless you didnt test at all?

its not a good look for them.

EekTheKat

It's unfortunate, but most mainstream reviews will still say 2k is the better game. The users tend to have the more in depth reviews, but those reviews usually won't show up until a few days after release.

Though 2k's scores are getting lower, while Live's score has gotten better. But there still is enough of a gap for the mainstream media to declare 2k the superior game on launch day.

The lesson here for the rational player looking to get the most out of their money should actually be never buy basketball games on launch day. Wait until others players get a hold of it to get a better impression of what's the better game.

Anony said:

Top Bottom