• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K5 and NBA Live 2005, Supposedly This Week... You Getting Either?

BojTrek

Banned
Are you going to buy either of the new NBA games that will supposedly be out this week?

I am leaning toward NBA2K5 since I have bought it every year since it was released on the Dreamcast...

I really think they will fix a lot of the problems people bitched about in NBA2K4... I wish there were some more videos of in-game play for NBA2K5.

It looks that they are both going to be released tomorrow and in stores by Wednesday.

espnnba2k5_fff4_11.jpg

Looks Sweet!

nba2k5_fff2_18.jpg

Takuan

Out this week? WTS? I'll definitely be buying NBA2K5 for Xbox, and I'll definitely have to try Live this year.

Fifty

I'm down with 2K for sure, simply because of our league. But aside from that I'm not sure..I'll wait to see what everyone thinks of Live. I wouldn't really play either game in single player, so I'd only get Live if it was worth paying $40 for the online mode alone.

TigerKnee

Gonna have to wait. If it weren't for the trash that VC released last year, I would've been first in line for 2K5. I'll do a wait and see on both before I decide.

TK

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
ESPN for sure. The 20 buck plan works. And Ben Wallace is the cover-boy (Pistons Fan!). I will try NBA Live, but it will probably wait. Xbox for sure.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
supposedly they will be in stores tuesday/weds. respectively. I think ESPN is actually supposed to sell on Tuesday (rather than just ship).

im definently getting ESPN NBA 2k5 on xbox. i might get NBA live and i might not. i'm pretty f-ing broke right now, so i'll have to wait for impressions here. if the game is truly incredible and gives me an experience i can't have with ESPN, then i will buy it for sure. i think EA hurt themselves by not offering online leagues with NBA live, that is my main attraction to ESPN.

Takuan

If NBA2K5 is delayed at all in Canada because of the extra time needed to put in French manuals, I will be very upset.

theo

Contest Winner
yeah I was just checking to see if my preorder had shipped and noticed the date change. PS2 version still says 9/29 though...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
ESPN for Xbox, definitely. Just for league play and HD soundtrack support (EA TRAX can lick my sweaty nutsack), I don't care about 24-7 mode or any of that junk. I'll pick up NBA Live for PS2 later on, the dunk contest is the chief selling point as far as I'm concerned.

SyNapSe

I'll prolly pick up ESPN 2k5 for Xbox off the bat. You can't beat that $20 shit. I REALLY want Live 2005.. the IGN review sounded nice and the dunk contest should be fun, but I dunno.. even at $40.. I'm not sure if I'll really need to purchase 2 games.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I really am interested in the numbers for these $20 games. Everybody is saying "for $20 hell yeah". Greatest move Sega has ever made.....

The only thing that would tempt me to Live is the slam dunk mode.

bionic77

Probably Live, because ESPN has sucked since 2k2 and it will continue to suck. :(

I still doubt that Live will be better then 2k2, but I need a bball game.

BojTrek

Banned
I will try the Gamestop near my house after work... hopefully they will have ESPN NBA2K5... I cannot pass up $19.99 even if it sucks... I can always give it to my younger cousins...

Top Bottom