• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC News: 'Rick and Morty' co-creator Justin Roiland (and Squanch Games Founder/CEO) faces felony domestic violence charges

LordOfChaos

Sometimes you get a feeling someone probably sucks but there's nothing really publicly wrong with them so you're like maybe I'm just being the asshole here, but then sometimes that person turns out to be an asshole

Innocent until proven guilty and all of course, but I find it funny that people in this thread are blaming the woke going after him...Not something that particular DA is known for...

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
lock him away so we don't have to see his shitty humor anymore
gigachad-chad.gif

dano1

A Sheep
Wtf? This isnt a situation to joke about. We dont know the facts and if hes guilty or not. The real question is when will Microsoft release a press statement to support domestic violence victims or remove "High on Life" from Gamepass until further notice?

Escalate Customer Service GIF by FILMRISE
So you want them to pull the game before he is proven either way. You’re part of the problem. How about you let the justice system do its job. If you don’t like the guy or game don’t buy it!!

Man, this is fucking nuts. Pretty much all my friends kids are obsessed with Rick and Morty. A lot of them are in their late teens or 20s now. I wonder how they are reacting to this.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Oh man, well there we go we got receipts that he likes children, uses homophobic slurs and is pretty racist :/

It sounds like a bit from one of his shows, does it not?
I mean ironic deployment of a slur typically directed at male homosexual folks on a girl is kinda on-brand don't you think?

anthony2690

Banned
I mean ironic deployment of a slur typically directed at male homosexual folks on a girl is kinda on-brand don't you think?
I haven't actually ever watched Rick and Morty.

i just think it is a strange exchange with a minor.

I did play and enjoy high on life though.

badblue

John Candy No GIF by Laff

It's one thing to do that sort of thing on a show for entertainment and something else to say those things in a private chat to an underage girl. On one hand, maybe he thinks he's being funny and it's coming off as creepy or he's serious.

It's not a good look for him and I can see him being "canceled" either way.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Hot take - I don't think the media should be able to publish the names of people that have charges against them. It prejudices the public against them, making it more difficult to get a fair jury. The names should only be reported once convicted

dave_d

Hot take - I don't think the media should be able to publish the names of people that have charges against them. It prejudices the public against them, making it more difficult to get a fair jury. The names should only be reported once convicted
Seems reasonable. I mean just for an example in the Cosby case the reason the Pennsylvania Supreme Court said they couldn't retry him was that the deposition they forced out of him and put in the public had so biased the public that it was effectively impossible to give him a fair trial.(Cosby is still a scumbag just in case anybody is wondering but he due a fair trial anyway and the antics when he got convicted screwed him on that.) So yeah, people deserve fair trials.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

I'm lost.

Roiland hasn't currently been found guilty and his attorney is confident the DA will dismiss the charges once all the evidence has been reviewed.

However, Adult Swim still decided to part ties with Roiland anyway. Not only that, but they're going to continue with Rick and Morty without not just one of the creators, but the guy who voices the two main characters?!

Top Bottom