• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA men's basketball 2011-2012 OT: Lockout edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

bucknuticus said:
You really going to argue the sec is better than the big 10?

Top to bottom? No. I'm also going to assume either team would beat #60 or #120 handily though so the difference matters little. Would you rather have your conference schedule or play Florida and Vandy twice each? Because I'll trade them to you for Wisconsin and Michigan if you want?

Seth C said:
Top to bottom? No. I'm also going to assume either team would beat #60 or #120 handily though so the difference matters little. Would you rather have your conference schedule or play Florida and Vandy twice each? Because I'll trade them to you for Wisconsin and Michigan if you want?

Youre right playing Wisconsin, Purdue, and Michigan St twice is easy.

Seth C

bucknuticus said:
Youre right playing Wisconsin, Purdue, and Michigan St twice is easy.

But you only play Purdue once, and it's at home. :) B10 is heavier in the middle, no doubt. The SEC, according to Kenpom has the #1, #9, and #12 teams in the country. B10 has #2, #10, and #19. But you do have 5 teams in the top 40 to our 4. And yes, I also think that the Big 10 is one of the most consistently overrated conferences in the country once tournament time hits (sorry).

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
ryan-ts said:
Mitch McGary chooses Michigan, awesome.

Its been known for a while. I'm glad he called the Duke staff before his decision thanking them for their time. Some kids can't be bothered so respect +1 to McGary

Proelite

truly101 said:
Its been known for a while. I'm glad he called the Duke staff before his decision thanking them for their time. Some kids can't be bothered so respect +1 to McGary

Did he call the Duke staff using Skype?

/burn

Parker or seppuku

ryan-ts

truly101 said:
Its been known for a while.

Meh, he didn't announce until today though so it's nice to actually hear it come out of his mouth. There have been plenty of times with Michigan football where higher profile players picked another school when every recruiting analyst expected them to play for the Wolverines. Hell one silent commit had taken pictures for a Michigan magazine and changed his mind on signing day.

ryan-ts said:
Mitch McGary chooses Michigan, awesome.

Congrats to Coach Beilein. When he was hired everyone doubted he could ever recruit top notch talent but he has proven to be one of the best talent evaluators in college basketball.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I never doubted it. I knew Michigan was capable of being on another level higher than any school he had ever been at. A fact dipshit WVU fans could never get through their thick skulls.

Seth C said:
But you only play Purdue once, and it's at home. :) B10 is heavier in the middle, no doubt. The SEC, according to Kenpom has the #1, #9, and #12 teams in the country. B10 has #2, #10, and #19. But you do have 5 teams in the top 40 to our 4. And yes, I also think that the Big 10 is one of the most consistently overrated conferences in the country once tournament time hits (sorry).

Big time LOL @ using kenpom ratings before the season has even started.

At least we can use Kenpom's new coaches page to see the remarkable career of Tom Crean:
u9rq.png

Bowser

Oh my god, rumor on IC that Marshall hurt his back in practice yesterday and may be out for a month

*vomits*

All unsubstantiated right now and Butter's been tweeting like normal this morning but this still makes me sick.

Kalnos

Banned
Seth C said:
Fucking Dwayne Wade. *grumble grumble* I still love you, Keith Bogans.

Yep. He was injured though, so ah well. Always sucks thinking about things that could have happened, like Derek Anderson not getting injured.

Pollux

Kalnos said:
Yep. He was injured though, so ah well. Always sucks thinking about things that could have happened, like Derek Anderson not getting injured.
Yea let's not go there...

On a side note I never realized there were so many Kentucky fans on GAF. Go Big Blue

Proelite

Bowser said:
Oh my god, rumor on IC that Marshall hurt his back in practice yesterday and may be out for a month

*vomits*

All unsubstantiated right now and Butter's been tweeting like normal this morning but this still makes me sick.

Don't worry, it can't be much worse than a toe injury.

zmoney said:
On a side note I never realized there were so many Kentucky fans on GAF. Go Big Blue

We kept the NIT thread hopping a few years ago thanks to Billy Clyde. Those years of suckage (Tubby's last few years through Calipari's hiring) were kind of fun.

Bowser

Proelite said:
Don't worry, it can't be much worse than a toe injury.

haha.

A source has informed IC that Marshall suffered a muscle spasm in his back during practice on Thursday. It was not caused by any type of collision. Just happened during a routine part of practice. A meeting today with doctors revealed nothing serious. He will not practice today. UNC does not practice on Saturday, but it's yet to be determined if Marshall will practice on Sunday.

A UNC official confirmed that it is a muscle spasm and that Marshall is not practicing today as a precaution. He is listed as "day-to-day."

*exhales*

Seth C

GodfatherX said:
UK fans complaining about D Wade?

i hated that guy while he was in college, but was amazing to watch play

Knocked us out of the tournament in 2003. We don't forget.

Pollux

Seth C said:
Knocked us out of the tournament in 2003. We don't forget.
Hell we don't forget about shit we weren't even around to remember. Fucking Alex Groza and Ralph Beard

thefro

IU just beat Indianapolis in an exhibition 90-72

16 points and 8 boards for Cody Zeller in his exhibition debut.

Will Sheehey leading scorer for IU with 18... he will be a nice player for us this year. Really improved his shooting.

Perimeter team defense still needs a lot of work, UIndy shot 47% from 3.

Season kicks off tonight!

ESPNU Doubleheader
William & Mary vs. St Johns
Valparaiso vs. Arizona

Hopefully we get some more folks following before March Madness this year now that NoBasketballAssocation is MIA.

thefro said:
IU just beat Indianapolis in an exhibition 90-72

16 points and 8 boards for Cody Zeller in his exhibition debut.

Will Sheehey leading scorer for IU with 18... he will be a nice player for us this year. Really improved his shooting.

Perimeter team defense still needs a lot of work, UIndy shot 47% from 3.
Was at the game as I have student season tickets. Zeller was quietly impressive. I looked up at the box score near the end of the game and had no idea he had that many points and boards. Super efficient, when was the last time IU has been able to say that about a player?

Not getting my hopes too high, but I think we'll surprise a lot of people. As long as our defense isn't as terrible as it was last year.

Outdoor Miner said:
Season kicks off tonight!

ESPNU Doubleheader
William & Mary vs. St Johns
Valparaiso vs. Arizona

Hopefully we get some more folks following before March Madness this year now that NoBasketballAssocation is MIA.
I have no problems watching college b-ball but, god do I hate the offenses they run.

Ohio State looked strong in their exhibition vs Walsh. Sully beasting it up inside still, but hes been working on his jump shop and it is smooth. He was hit come nice 15 footers and even swooshed in a three.

thefro

peppermints said:
Was at the game as I have student season tickets. Zeller was quietly impressive. I looked up at the box score near the end of the game and had no idea he had that many points and boards. Super efficient, when was the last time IU has been able to say that about a player?

Not getting my hopes too high, but I think we'll surprise a lot of people. As long as our defense isn't as terrible as it was last year.

Agreed, D still needs a lot of work. Zeller is agruably the big man we've ever had at the school as a frosh. I know Jeffries and DJ White were good as well but I don't think they had the complete package of skills offensively that Zeller brings.

Have fun with the student season tix... it's a blast when IU is decent or better. Love the way the crowd gets into the momentum of the game at Assembly Hall. Instead of blindly making noise the whole game it can go to super quiet where you hear the shoes squeak on the court and a pin drop in the crowd to earsplittingly loud. They really carry the team on some runs.

Pollux

Kentucky is dominating. 37-5 and it's not even the halfway point of the first half. on pace for a 90 point half lol. i know it only an exhibition but damn.

Seth C

zmoney said:
Kentucky is dominating. 37-5 and it's not even the halfway point of the first half. on pace for a 90 point half lol. i know it only an exhibition but damn.

Yeah. I'm bored already. I want to fast forward to a real game.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Very excited for the season. My team will get its likely only spotlight of the year on Wednesday when we play Arizona. Oh well. Can't wait for March.

bill0527

GodfatherX said:
UK fans complaining about D Wade?

i hated that guy while he was in college, but was amazing to watch play

We were overall #1 seed that year, and if memory serves, we ran the table in the SEC, and the SEC tourney, and went into the NCAAs ranked #1 and everyone's pick to win it all.

Then Keith Bogans injured his ankle and we ran into Dwayne Wade. I remember that game well, not so much because of Wade, but they had this skinny little white kid, I think his name was Diener, and he was dropping 3pt. Bombs on us from damn near mid court all game long.

Pollux

Seth C said:
Yeah. I'm bored already. I want to fast forward to a real game.
haha that's how i feel. kyle macy is a terrible announcer. ugh 74-13 at halftime. that's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom