• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nearly 20 percent of Millennials, Gen Z in NY believe Jews caused the Holocaust

ManaByte

Jun 10, 2004
Southern California
manabyte.com

The findings come from the first-ever 50-state survey on the Holocaust knowledge of American millennials and Gen Z, which was commissioned by the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
Additionally, 60 percent of respondents in New York do not know that 6 million Jews were killed during the Holocaust.
WHAT THE FUCK?

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Yeah I’m gonna call fake news on that. Most absurd thing I’ve ever heard. I have not met a single person who didn’t know about the Holocaust. Maybe they are twisting the number “aha they think it was 5 million and not 6!”

At any rate a whole bunch of people seem to have forgotten the Chinese Communists killed an upward of 60 million. If we are suddenly all concerned about historical tragedies.

Last edited:

CeroFrio996

privileged little shit
Jun 20, 2019
Democrat strongholds are the nest of racism and bigotry. Conservatives have only been saying it for decades, but Democrats pulled a "no u!" and the public-educated brainlets fell for it.
Right, it's all the LEFT's fault. They're famous for websites like 4chan and stormfront that push antisemitic viewpoints.

• LOL
Reactions: Miku Miku and Cunth

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
Maybe if they spent more time teaching actual fucking history instead of their social engineering bullshit, people would be so misinformed. We spend all this time making sure people know that blacks people were oppressed and Native Americans were oppressed. That stuff is important, but we spend almost no time discussing the major events of Western history. We’re too busy making sure kids are ashamed/hate their country

CeroFrio996

privileged little shit
Jun 20, 2019
Good thing those troll sites are not entrenched in the education system and responsible for the social terraforming within the walls for decades.
Right, the internet has no effect on people and their ideology. It's just funny to say "kill all jews" with your fellow 4chaners.

That people I don't know say things I don't agree with? Or that people like you are consistently building monoliths of a huge portion of your fellow Americans?

• LOL
Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

Scotty W

Sep 29, 2019
Yeah I’m gonna call fake news on that. Most absurd thing I’ve ever heard. I have not met a single person who didn’t know about the Holocaust.
I have met someone almost totally clueless about it. She wasn’t even particularly stupid.

Also, this:

Jan 17, 2014
Wow the only region that did remotely well was the Midwest west of the Mississippi. New York, Louisiana, Montana, Tennessee shameeeee

draw4wild

Sep 23, 2011
When I talk to 20 year olds, the holocaust never comes up so I wouldn't know if this is true or not; but way more than 20% of the time I walk away thinking they are an idiot.

• Fire
Reactions: Dargor and EviLore

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
* Survey was conducted on 1000 nationwide and 200 people in each state dumb enough to answer the phone or smart enough to fuck with pollsters.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Right, the internet has no effect on people and their ideology. It's just funny to say "kill all jews" with your fellow 4chaners.
Not if you are taught proper. And that would imply those on the left hanging out at 4chan (which they do, it's not a "right wing" site, it's a no holds barred troll site), or Stormfront, which they probably don't on that one. Or maybe they do... they seem to be in company and have something in common.

• Fire
Reactions: Dargor

CeroFrio996

privileged little shit
Jun 20, 2019
I'm a deplorable, remember? Try this act on someone as educated as yourself, maybe it'll be more successful. 🤭
So... a highschool education and starting trade school? I don't know if you're trying to, once again, call me an "elite" or trying to attack my level of education (which seems rather elitist). Do you just keep forgetting that I'm a working man? Or do you just want to ignore that so you can pretend all democrats are pumped out of colleges, stripped of their souls?

Not if you are taught proper. And that would imply those on the left hanging out at 4chan (which they do, it's not a "right wing" site, it's a no holds barred troll site), or Stormfront, which they probably don't on that one. Or maybe they do... they seem to be in company and have something in common.
Nothing about this study is about left or right wing. It's about GenZ and Millennials.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
So... a highschool education and starting trade school? I don't know if you're trying to, once again, call me an "elite" or trying to attack my level of education (which seems rather elitist). Do you just keep forgetting that I'm a working man? Or do you just want to ignore that so you can pretend all democrats are pumped out of colleges, stripped of their souls?
You spend so much effort asking questions about what I meant and no effort owning up to things you've already said in the thread. Perhaps you are incapable of critical thought and merely follow a script? In either case, once you're ready to hop back on topic feel free to quote me. I'm not going to waste time helping you salvage your ego because you got your face rubbed in your own arrogance. Please find someone else to feed off.

Mar 6, 2016
Yeah I’m gonna call fake news on that. Most absurd thing I’ve ever heard. I have not met a single person who didn’t know about the Holocaust. Maybe they are twisting the number “aha they think it was 5 million and not 6!”

At any rate a whole bunch of people seem to have forgotten the Chinese Communists killed an upward of 60 million. If we are suddenly all concerned about historical tragedies.
Nobody cares about massacres that weren’t the holocaust don’t you know?

We are never reminded about Stalin’s purges; maos 60 million; Armenian genocide and the Rwanda genocide.
However, every two to four weeks western media whoever something on the news, online or in print is always reminding us of the Holocaust.

why is that?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: #Phonepunk#

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Nobody cares about massacres that weren’t the holocaust don’t you know?

We are never reminded about Stalin’s purges; maos 60 million; Armenian genocide and the Rwanda genocide.
However, every two to four weeks western media whoever something on the news, online or in print is always reminding us of the Holocaust.

why is that?
Commies want to hide their history, so they can rewrite and repeat it.

I learned about Stalin and the like in school, but a lot has changed since with the terraforming efforts.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Formerly 'SF Chode'
Jul 7, 2020
Democrat strongholds are the nest of racism and bigotry. Conservatives have only been saying it for decades, but Democrats pulled a "no u!" and the public-educated brainlets fell for it.
You say this based on knowing the results from one state, without even knowing if those results are better or worse than any other state. New York is only singled out because it's a New York paper.

Spoiler alert: Most of the southern states did terribly, and California and Hawaii did the best. This is a public education issue, if you look at a map of states with the best/worst public schools, it's very close to the results of this survey.

Last edited:

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Even 30 years ago I don't remember the holocaust being really deep dived into until late highschool and then in college/university because it is some really heavy material to drop on anyone too young, Gen Z is 5-24yo so it could skew the numbers. They have also started preaching this alternative history. There probably isn't enough time to cover this phony 1619 garbage and the holocaust in depth so they push out the actual history for some interpreted history for the ganda. A bunch of professors/teachers who have made a bedrock of their identity "I'm just criticising Israel's foreign policy dooood, I am totes not an antisemite." probably aren't going to be really covering the material with any gusto. No wonder you end up with "Like OMG these jews totally started the panzer kunst." on the other side of that. Plus kids are dumbfucks. I have personally learned much more post school than during.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
You say this based on knowing the results from one state, without even knowing if those results are better or worse than any other state. That seems about the level of critical thinking we've come to expect.

Spoiler alert: The Southern states all did the worst on this list, and California did the best. This is a public education issue, if you look at a map of states with the best/worst public schools, it's very close to the results of this survey.
Would public education in New York be a Dem or Rep problem?

Also, New York has been under the uncomfortable spotlight on a number of other antisemitic issues lately, which I already mentioned.

You're not in any position to comment on critical thinking, but cute try.

Dec 10, 2018
Would public education in New York be a Dem or Rep problem?

Also, New York has been under the uncomfortable spotlight on a number of other antisemitic issues lately, which I already mentioned.

You're not in any position to comment on critical thinking, but cute try.
"Well actually" insta reply coming in 3-2-1....

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Maybe fire your gender studies teacher and replace him with a history professor?

This whole COVID thing is laying bare that our schools suck and our teachers have let us down.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Mar 15, 2007
Yeah, in California, we have the worst high schools because we pander to the lowest common denominator. For example, when I started attending HS in California as an immigrant ESL student, the school department forced me into an English class with a lot of slacker 2nd generation immigrant kids who wanted to continue speaking Spanish and not learn English properly. The class was full of thugs who knew English but wanted an easy English class that taught them nothing.
I had to complain to the department to be moved to the regular English class, and I did within a month. I remember that my TOEFL scores allowed me to be in the regular class from the get go, but the HS teaching department needed to fill a quota to keep the class for slackers full.

Last edited:

Arkam

Jan 21, 2012
Here, Now and maybe later
Is there source link on this one? I want to better understand these data points. When they say " believe Jews caused the Holocaust " what does that mean exactly and what question were they answering? Cuz it could be dangerously ignorant or a reasonable thought process depending on perspective. Same for the people saying the "numbers are a bit high" which is widely debated fact. The sad part is those who could not name a single camp.

So yea, would love to read the way it was collected and see answers if anyone knows where to find.

GamingKaiju

Oct 24, 2014
I did see somewhere that 1 in 10 American youth don't even believe that the holocaust happened.

I'll see if I can dig it up.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Most of the southern states did terribly, and California and Hawaii did the best.
Where is the survey? Can you provide a link?

People love to point out that the south has the worst test scores while failing to address the black and brown elephant in the room that may be the root cause of lower test scores. If you have any understanding of the book of forbidden knowledge - The Bell Curve- that is a strong correlation to why test scores are lower in southern states.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Formerly 'SF Chode'
Jul 7, 2020
No link to the source in the article or its methodology and googling only leads me to the article itself.
It's not a great a study, it's only 1000 participants nationwide. Some of the results seem wildly erratic. It's enought to be interesting but I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Where is the survey? Can you provide a link?

People love to point out that the south has the worst test scores while failing to address the black and brown elephant in the room that may be the root cause of lower test scores. If you have any understanding of the book of forbidden knowledge - The Bell Curve- that is a strong correlation to why test scores are lower in southern states.
Yes, I am familiar with the Sacred Text of "Race Realism". Murray's a race troll and an idiot who simply avoids the obvious questions and leaves the reader to make racist conclusions, without the courage to defend them head on. I think he's cowardly and unpersuasive.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
It's not a great a study, it's only 1000 participants nationwide.
and 200 per state, as was mentioned in the article. Had I been called I would have answered that the Holocaust didn't happen and that Jews made it up, just to fuck with the numbers.

Yes, I am familiar with the Sacred Text of "Race Realism". Murray's a race troll and an idiot who simply avoids the obvious questions and leaves the reader to make racist conclusions, without the courage to defend them head on. I think he's cowardly and unpersuasive.
Do you take issue with Murray, or do you take issue with the data set? Is the data set invalid because you don't like Murray?

Lone Wolf

Jan 8, 2014
I blame the Jews for my love of bagels and knishes as well. We need to stop these people. I’m on a Keto diet for Gods sake!

Last edited:

Spokker

May 31, 2011
I was actually called for this poll. I correctly answered "6 million" but I was making air quotes with my fingers while I was saying it. /s

• LOL

SF Kosmo

Formerly 'SF Chode'
Jul 7, 2020
Do you take issue with Murray, or do you take issue with the data set? Is the data set invalid because you don't like Murray?
There's some bad math, sure, but it's more the analysis and interpretation of the data (as well as a convenient lack thereof when a critical look would be inconvenient to support racist conclusions). This isn't necessarily because all of the source data itself is invalid, but Murray doesn't seem terribly interested in understanding that data, unless it's to imply the inferiority of black and brown people. He's content to simply accept any disparities as "inherent," without ever bothering to control for other factors. And there's zero effort to even address obvious criticisms because it isn't really meant to convince anyone. It's just a shallow, dumb work that is only going to speak to people who already believe its conclusion.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
There's some bad math, sure, but it's more the analysis and interpretation of the data (as well as a convenient lack thereof when a critical look would be inconvenient to support racist conclusions). This isn't necessarily because all of the source data itself is invalid, but Murray doesn't seem terribly interested in understanding that data, unless it's to imply the inferiority of black and brown people. He's content to simply accept any disparities as "inherent," without ever bothering to control for other factors. And there's zero effort to even address obvious criticisms because it isn't really meant to convince anyone. It's just a shallow, dumb work that is only going to speak to people who already believe its conclusion.
I see, you've never actually read it.

• Thoughtful

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011
I see the Propaganda Pals are tag-teaming again. The circus is always in town.
Right, it's all the LEFT's fault. They're famous for websites like 4chan and stormfront that push antisemitic viewpoints.
You have the intellectual fortitude of a half-set jelly sitting on a runaway steam-train during a major earthquake.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Well they asked 1000 people so it’s okay to assume it also applies to 329 million people /s

SF Kosmo

Formerly 'SF Chode'
Jul 7, 2020
I see, you've never actually read it.
I have actually. It's a one sided text and I realize that might not be obvious if you're not thinking critically about this shit to begin with but there are reams of essays explaining his errors both scientific, ethical, and common sense if you care.
Kosmo every time he posts in a thread thinking he's gonna show you how smart he is.

Remember when you got reeeeal butthurt at the insinuation that you were a racist?

Should we talk more about what you got out of The Bell Curve?

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018
I have actually. It's a one sided text and I realize that might not be obvious if you're not thinking critically about this shit to begin with but there are reams of essays explaining his errors both scientific, ethical, and common sense if you care.

Remember when you got reeeeal butthurt at the insinuation that you were a racist?

Should we talk more about what you got out of The Bell Curve?
For everyone's sake on this forum, would you kindly just shut the fuck up.

• Fire
Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

Whataborman

Apr 19, 2018
Liberal educators should spend less time trying to convince their students that Trump is literally Hitler, and more time teaching them who Hilter actually was and what he did.

Students know that Hilter was bad, therefore when someone says "Trump is literally Hitler" that must mean that Trump is bad. They just can't tell you why Hilter was bad.