• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NECA Toys director outright says Crash Bandicoot is coming back

Is Wrath of Cortex received well around here? Cuz I tried it and it was rubbish (to put it lightly).

It runs like ass on Gamecube and PS2 has god awful load times. Plus Crash feels way too floaty. I don't like WoC. I think Twinsanity is much better from the non-ND Crash games.

Crash has a fun setting and vibe, but the would need to change the formula pretty substantially to justify a current gen, decent budget release.

In other news, bring on Knack 2!
Would they really? It's not exactly a formula that sees a lot of use anymore; not because it's somehow outdated, but because publishers up and decided one day that it wouldn't sell, and stopped making it. Kind of like that one Jimquisition where Jim ranted about how survival horror stopped appearing on the market, not because it was inherently archaic, but because game publishers up and decided that survival horror doesn't sell, so why greenlight anything?

Honestly, Crash 2 plays well enough, even today. 100%ing it isn't the most fun thing, given how you have to enter a level from a secret warp inside another, later level to even have a chance of getting all of the crates in a given level, but the basic gameplay of running around and jumping on/spinning into/sliding into things still works.

Shifty

Interesting, the latent desire for Crash on GAF lately has become dense enough to coalesce into a thread.

Crash PS4, lay it on me.

Honestly, Crash 2 plays well enough, even today. 100%ing it isn't the most fun thing, given how you have to enter a level from a secret warp inside another, later level to even have a chance of getting all of the crates in a given level, but the basic gameplay of running around and jumping on/spinning into/sliding into things still works.

This is actually one of my favorite things in Crash 2... the secret entrances and getting 100% not simply being "find the things". But I agree that the process can be cleaned up a bit.

maxcriden

It runs like ass on Gamecube and PS2 has god awful load times. Plus Crash feels way too floaty. I don't like WoC. I think Twinsanity is much better from the non-ND Crash games.

How's Crash of the Titans? Couldn't get into WoC at all but have an opportunity to get this one and Twisanity for PS2.

image.php

Seems like Ratchet and Clank is selling above expectations, which is a good sign. Sony took a few years off the platformer train but they better be getting back on now.

SNURB

Seems like Ratchet and Clank is selling above expectations, which is a good sign. Sony took a few years off the platformer train but they better be getting back on now.

Is there any sales indicate for the new Ratchet? I know that it just came out but are there any statistics regarding sales?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Is there any sales indicate for the new Ratchet? I know that it just came out but are there any statistics regarding sales?

All anecdotal and amazon sales chart which is mostly worthless... That being said the anecdotal evidence is strong in terms of stores selling out. Reminds me a lot of until dawn or sly 4. Not sure why Sony doesn't see the demand for these games.

How's Crash of the Titans? Couldn't get into WoC at all but have an opportunity to get this one and Twisanity for PS2.

I haven't played any other post PS1 Crash games than TwinSanity and WoC sadly. WoC felt like a shitty clone of the older games while TwinSanity was much more of it's own thing while still feeling enough like a Crash game.

Lijik

Twinsanity is legit
Crash of the Titans is servicable as a platform brawler (Mutant is the better game) but if I had to play it, I wouldnt play it on anything but the Wii because of the clunky way the motions controls are mapped on other platforms

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm expecting Crash Bandicoot to be announced for Skylanders Imaginators. E3 would be my best guess for the announcement. Much like Activision did with Bowser and DK last year.

SNURB

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm expecting Crash Bandicoot to be announced for Skylanders Imaginators. E3 would be my best guess for the announcement. Much like Activision did with Bowser and DK last year.

Doubtful, since Sony's the one pulling all the punches (I hope that sounds right). If Sony's involved, I doubt it'll be a take on Skylanders. They know what people want.

Top Bottom