• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Necromunda: Hired Gun - PS5 4K Gameplay

rubhen925

Didn't see any threads with gameplay for this game so sharing mine here with some impressions. I've played the PC version and had issues with fps when enemies spawn. Seems like the PS5 version has it too. Not sure about the other consoles. But even with the Day 1 patch there seems to be hard fps drops when enemies begin to spawn. You can see it throughout the video. The game otherwise runs mostly at 60 fps. I've checked with the FPS counter the game provides in game.

I've asked my PR and so far no replies whether the game runs at native 4K or dynamic. I would say dynamic as it feels like it to me when I played it. For me the game's music is the highlight, as well as the amazing verticality to the level design. Once you get the grapple you can do some cool platforming while in combat. Also you can use the squeaky toy to call the mastiff dog which can attack enemies. You can upgrade the dog and the main character to look more mechanical once you progress through the game. You can also upgrade weapons and customize them as you go.

Loading times seem to be 3-6 seconds depending on some levels. And I haven't had any issues with crashes so far. Other than that my impressions are positive so far for a budget title. Let me know what you guys think. Cheers

UPDATE - Also the PR mentioned that at launch the console versions seem to have messed up camera settings. I highly suggest messing with them to find your comfort settings before starting to play. A patch to fix that issue is being worked on!

Last edited:
Played it for a bit and the controls are absolute crap…game looks pretty nice in parts but the aiming is so tight you end up shooting the scenery more than the enemies as they dance around you
Played on ps5

Last edited:

rubhen925

Played it for a bit and the controls are absolute crap…game looks pretty nice in parts but the aiming is so tight you end up shooting the scenery more than the enemies as they dance around you
Played on ps5
Oh wait, the PR also mentioned that the console aiming settings are absolutely messed up at launch, and that's a known issue. They are working on a quick patch for that. I highly suggest manually setting the camera control options. I had to. Let me update the OP.

Mr.ODST

Playing on PS5 anybody got the perfect setting to sort this dogshit aiming out, end up shooting everything but my target, other than that its actually a decent game

Ogbert

Playing on PS5 anybody got the perfect setting to sort this dogshit aiming out, end up shooting everything but my target, other than that its actually a decent game
Nope.It’s unplayable at the moment.

Apparently they have disabled aim assist due to issues. I just can’t handle the aiming. It doesn’t return to the aim position when you reload, even if you hold L2 down.

Appalling.

Not going to touch it for a month or so.

Nope.It’s unplayable at the moment.

Apparently they have disabled aim assist due to issues. I just can’t handle the aiming. It doesn’t return to the aim position when you reload, even if you hold L2 down.

Appalling.

Not going to touch it for a month or so.
oh interesting. i was wondering why it was getting meh user reviews. game looks really cool

Denton

This game is good fun, but god damn the soundtrack just kicks all kinds of ass

And the whole thing

I have been listening to this for a week straight after finishing the game and can't get enough.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

Lol auto aim. Game is great yesz keep playing it. Beat it on PC. But yes it had massive stuttering on PC at launch. Doesn't surprise me here.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Lol auto aim. Game is great yesz keep playing it. Beat it on PC. But yes it had massive stuttering on PC at launch. Doesn't surprise me here.
I wonder when devs will learn to not show boring controller gunplay on their trailers.

Top Bottom