• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need baby name advice

molasar

Banned
Lei or Law?

Lei-.png

1908436-marshall_law.png

Lotus?
84609-lotus-esprit-turbo-challenge-amiga-screenshot-road-narrowing.gif

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Scandinavian/swedish word for LOCK is LÅS (ascii code 0xc5 in iso8859)

As the letter 'Å' is missing from non swedish/scandinavian keyboards a common
anglification is to write it instead as AA , this chacacter was originally a A with a small A above it and it eventually became A-oring.

So, Anglified spelling of the swedish/scandinavian LOCK would be LAAS

That is actually how I would spell LÅS when chatting with swedish friends and I don't have a swedish keyboard
and could not be bothered to install a swedish keymap.
We all understand that AA == Å

So I suggest LAAS anglican spelling of the swedish word for LOCK

That would be fun to explain everytime someone said, "How'd you come up with that name?".

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Why anyone would name their kids after videogame characters is beyond me, but as others have said; At least keep it normal.
because they like video games and are inspired by them?

just like how people are inspired by character names in movies/books/tv etc.

I bet you have a boring name like Ted Biddy Jr or Ted Biddy VI.

Last edited:

TBiddy

because they like video games and are inspired by them?

just like how people are inspired by character names in movies/books/tv etc.

I bet you have a boring name like Ted Biddy Jr or Ted Biddy VI.

Obviously. But still. It's the kid who's gonna have to live with their parents idiotic choice.

And yes, I suppose my name is rather boring. Rather that, than being named after Luigi, Link or whatever.

Robhimself

When my (now ex) wife and I knew we would get a son, we couldn't find a name which was both badass and uncommon.

Eventually she saw me playing Just Cause and saw that the protoganist was called Rico.

Well, we stuck with that and it fits the now 10-year old Satan more than perfectly...........

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
When my (now ex) wife and I knew we would get a son, we couldn't find a name which was both badass and uncommon.

Eventually she saw me playing Just Cause and saw that the protoganist was called Rico.

Well, we stuck with that and it fits the now 10-year old Satan more than perfectly...........
Rico is the Spanish form of Ricky, did you name him Richard or Ricardo? Or just Rico?

JLB

Banned
Rico is the Spanish form of Ricky, did you name him Richard or Ricardo? Or just Rico?

ehh.. which spanish country? I've never heard Rico for a Ricardo. At least here in Argentina is quite common to call Ricardos as Rickys.

Top Bottom