• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

|OT| Need for Speed ™ Heat |OT| 🎶 Brrr Dum Dum Dum, Dum Da Da Da Da Dum 🎶

Bushido Boi

Gold Member
May 31, 2019
Hmm.... I was on the fence about this, but I think I’ll be picking it up. I guess Tokyo Ghoul re: Call to Exist will have to wait for a bit so I can buy NFS Heat. Gonna cop this joint on Monday.

Kagey K

Gold Member
Dec 18, 2013
Hmm.... I was on the fence about this, but I think I’ll be picking it up. I guess Tokyo Ghoul re: Call to Exist will have to wait for a bit so I can buy NFS Heat. Gonna cop this joint on Monday.
It will be half price on Black Friday just like the previous games, if you can wait 3 weeks.

Kagey K

Gold Member
Dec 18, 2013
My only big complaint is actually the sound track.
Maybe I'm getting old but all I can think is "what fuck am I listening too?"
Or probably because 2000's hip hop is better.
Seriously I rather listen to Fabolous, Xzibit, Twista and Chingy then this shit right thurr.
Ok Boomer.

Lol the soundtrack does seem to be lacking, and that’s the one thing EA used to be known for. They seem to be failing on all games now. I’d be interested in a piece about why that happened.

What happened to EA soundtrack and why did it get so bad?

Last edited:

Bodom78

Sep 3, 2005
Australia
I have a soft spot for the NFS series despite their lackluster releases, I mean I completed Payback and did not mind it overall. Think I'll also be getting this.

It a shame they have not gotten the series to a quality similar of the Forza Horizon series after all this time.

Reactions: Chunk Loves Sloth

DutchDirectness

Neo Member
Jun 11, 2019
My only big complaint is actually the sound track.
Maybe I'm getting old but all I can think is "what fuck am I listening too?"
Or probably because 2000's hip hop is better.
Seriously I rather listen to Fabolous, Xzibit, Twista and Chingy then this shit right thurr.
Same! I'm listening to this playlist while playing, it makes the game so much better.

lefty1117

Mar 20, 2017
So overall the game is pretty solid? It popped up on my Origin Access, was wondering if I should bother installing.

CRUNT

Sep 21, 2006
Enjoying it so far, especially the progression. I've grown really tired of most modern racing games where they throw prize cars at you after every race to where you never need to spend money on upgrades. I'm not too far in Heat yet but almost right away you are required to upgrade your starter car (and gain some rep) in order to progress the story. Gives a chance to get attached to it.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Definitely enjoying it so far. Still early, but I've raced enough to get used to the controls, etc. Glad i bought it, which is the real test of any game. For reference, I've plat'd every nfs game except The Run [even did MW on vita, too], and enjoyed them all to various degrees.

TGO

Sep 5, 2007
UK
Is this Need for Speed game actually good this time?
It's good but flawed.
Cops are a bit OT, ie they don't need to stop you just have you slow down enough to trigger an arrest.
Soundtrack as I mentioned before isn't no Underground 1/2 or Midnight Club 3.
I recommend making your own playlist.
The characters thing... I guess it's for cutscenes but it's a bit pointless.
The plus side, it's probably the best NFS since Hot Pursuit 2010.
The customizations is fantastic.
The city, especially at night is very Reminiscent of Underground 2/Carbon.
It's the closest they've been to Underground.
If they listen to feedback perhaps maybe the next gen NFS will be Underground 3 and be a true successor

Last edited:

Bushido Boi

Gold Member
May 31, 2019
You guys were saying you could change the drifting with double tapping the gas, but I see no way whatsoever of changing the control scheme. I've got it on Easy and I can't get used to this shit. It's driving me nuts.

Edit: I've got the hang of it now.

Last edited:

CuteFaceJay

Sep 11, 2019
How can they still not get daylight looking correct, It's been done so many times in Battlefield titles in older engine versions.