• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed ™ Heat |OT| 🎶 Brrr Dum Dum Dum, Dum Da Da Da Da Dum 🎶

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
199kl5.png

29xj62.png

3b5jfv.png

4ocj8o.png

5g8ji0.png

nfs-1920x1080-reveal-week-11-musicisnfsdna-01-nologo.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.818p.jpg

nfs-1920x1080-reveal-week-10-urbanexpression-01-nologo.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.818p.jpg

nfs-1920x1080-reveal-week-9-story-premise-01-nologo.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.818p.jpg

nfs-1920x1080-reveal-week-8-daynightworld-02-nologo.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.818p.jpg

nfs-1920x1080-reveal-week-8-daynightworld-03-nologo.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.818p.jpg

nfs-1920x1080-reveal-week-8-daynightworld-01-nologo.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.818p.jpg

nfs-1920x1080-reveal-week-7-playfuldomination-04-nologo.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.818p.jpg

nfs-1920x1080-reveal-week-7-playfuldomination-03-nologo.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.818p.jpg

nfs-1920x1080-reveal-week-6-socialplay-02-web-nologo.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.818p.jpg

nfs-1920x1080-reveal-week-6-socialplay-01-web-nologo.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.818p.jpg

nfs-1920x1080-reveal-week-5-playercustomization-01-nologo.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.818p.jpg

nfs-1920x1080-reveal-week-4-carcustomization-04-nologo.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.818p.jpg

6ddjtz.png

ost3pjy1.png

795jhi.png

mtao6khm.png

IGN
8/10
GREAT
Need for Speed Heat is a mosaic of existing ideas but it is easily the most impressive Need for Speed game in years.

Eurogamer
N/A
Need for Speed Heat comes so tantalisingly close to delivering on the classic Fast & Furious fantasy. This might still be a little way off of the series' best, but at least Heat serves as a reminder of what can be so special about Need for Speed.

VG247
4/5
"For the first time in years, Need For Speed has remembered why people used to play it so religiously, and recognised the more recent elements that put them off. I’ll take a missed checkpoint or a dodgy police bust now and again in exchange for a return to Underground’s unlock structure and tuner fetishism; for Hot Pursuit’s high stakes chases; for an EA release in 2019 without an RNG element designed to slow progress.

img_20191108_191420lcjmz.png

Last edited:

Walledhouse

I loved the Need for Speed games. Hot Pursuit 2 back in the noughties was great; and I also loved the Underground series.

For me the pinnacle was Most Wanted (2010).

I next bought the remake of Most Wanted by Criterion. It was nothing like the other. A CARPG was remade as an arcadey always online vehicle for selling microtransactions. Then I threw the series in the bin. I called it there. I said “No more games.” but they didn’t listen and now look where we are.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
I'm on heat for this game.

Vtecomega

Banned
Just watched some recent gameplay and these lazy ass fucking developers STILL have not animated the driver turning the wheel or shifting gears. Fuck them. I hope this game bombs.

They were made aware of this since NFS 2015 and 5 years later they still haven't bothered to animate it. Kind of speaks volumes about the developers.

Lazy cunts just rehashing the same shit with a fresh coat of paint.

Kagey K

Banned
The game looks good at night, that’s about all I can say about it so far.

The handling feels a bit off, the tap gas to drift is weird and throws me off when I’m trying to feather it.

Im only about an hour or so into it, but I’m not even sure I’ll buy it at 50% on Black Friday like I have all the previous. It’s just not grabbing me even in the way Payback did.

Last edited:
First real post here on neogaf. But dam just played this game on ea access and what a steaming pile of shit it is. It kind of looks ok but everything else is broken. The character select is just wrong, the driving physics are messed up. The character are cringy at best and it is a shallow and horrific experience. If I paid for this I would be really pissed

Pobb

Neo Member
The game looks good at night, that’s about all I can say about it so far.

The handling feels a bit off, the tap gas to drift is weird and throws me off when I’m trying to feather it.

Im only about an hour or so into it, but I’m not even sure I’ll buy it at 50% on Black Friday like I have all the previous. It’s just not grabbing me even in the way Payback did.

This is how I'm feeling right now. Tap gas to drift feels bad at the moment. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Watched a trailer on Youtube.

The cops are all white, and the criminals are all black and hispanic :messenger_grinning_squinting:
If you are going by the launch trailer.

4 cops are shown in the trailer, one white male, two black males (they may be the same guy), one brownish female.

There was one person shown getting arrested, it was a black man arrested by a black cop.

unless you watched a diff trailer than me?

navii

Wtf are the reviews for this game?

navii

Game is out and no reviews what the fuck is this

navii

I see. In Australia I can buy it right now I think.

TGO

I see. In Australia I can buy it right now I think.
I'm not sure what time it is there, but I'm guessing it's already the 8/11, so its out.
you should know by now we have to wait for the US to catch-up :messenger_winking:
Reviews go live 7:01pm AEDT/12:01am PT

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

navii

Reviews are out and it doesn't seem so bad. Will pick it up tomorrow.

TGO

Good news for those that wasn't happy about tap gas to Drift.
As it can be changed back to break.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
OMG! How can this game look so bad (or below average at best in 2019) and have suсh a terrible performance? No thank you, I can live without this game np.

Last edited:

Hans Bubby

Banned
OMG! How can this game look so bad (or below average at best in 2019) and have suсh a terrible performance? No thank you, I can live without this game np.

Huh? Game looks fantastic.

Reactions: TGO
Top Bottom