• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed 2013 - First [Two] Screenshots - Unveiling Tomorrow

velociraptor

Well it sill can be from the Underground reboot, its just a special pursuit vehicle from the rozzers!

ugh, yeah the reboot naming conventions are starting to kick us in the face already.

NFS_III_Hot_Pursuit_%28PC,_US%29_cover_art.jpg
NFSHP2_PC.jpg
Need_for_Speed_Hot_Pursuit_2010.jpg
First one is NFS3 HP, FYI. :p

Foshy

goddammit i really wanted underground 3 this year

Well, curious to see what they're coming up with now. If they're going for semi-realism I probably won't get it between GT6 and Driveclub unless there is a Vita version.

disap.ed

It's already been confirmed to be EA Ghost, a new studio led by the guy who brought you Shift and Shift 2.

One guy was doing Shift and Shift2? I thought Slightly Mad Studios were doing these ;)

Marcus Nilsson's LinkedIn page said:
In March 2010 I was put in a new role and given my own franchise to run. Need for Speed Shift

He was always at DICE though.

oO Arekkz Oo

Neo Member
Deleted Tweet:

bk8evlhceaagcq9.jpgl09jrj.jpeg

Oh nice! Definitely gonna keep an eye on this one, could turn out looking pretty good if they get it right.

Also, random question, might just be a coincidence and you have a common avatar, but do you run AGB? If so, keep up the good work! :)

waypoetic

Banned
That dude works at EA Canada. Are they working on this? I'm confused. I haven't heard a single peep from EA Ghost in Sweden since, uh, early 2012...?

Taken from his Linkedin:

"'ll be inspiring and motivating artists around the world with my contributions in the form of next generation visual effects, cinematic workflows, physics simulation, destruction behaviors, new tool features, example data, tech demos, content support for teams using the engine, and much more!"

Maybe he's assisting EA Ghost?

V_Ben

Banned
That dude works at EA Canada. Are they working on this? I'm confused. I haven't heard a single peep from EA Ghost in Sweden since, uh, early 2012...?

Taken from his Linkedin:

"'ll be inspiring and motivating artists around the world with my contributions in the form of next generation visual effects, cinematic workflows, physics simulation, destruction behaviors, new tool features, example data, tech demos, content support for teams using the engine, and much more!"

EA Ghost is a fairly new studio, so we can assume that this is the case.

Taken from his Linkedin:

He's a Frostbite Engine developer. And it's EA, so it seems common with them to have several teams working on a game. We know DICE helped Criterion with Hot Pursuit.

Hoping Criterion is overseeing this project.

They control the series now

We talked to Criterion vice president Alex Ward at E3, and he revealed that from now on Criterion will be in charge of the entire franchise. When asked whether he thought EA's original plan to release a Need for Speed title of some kind every year was watering down the series, Ward said, "Maybe it's been that way in the past, but that's changed this year with what we're doing… Our stamp's going to be in everything you see in Need for Speed and Burnout going forward in the future. It's not going to be spread anymore across different companies. Different studios have had a crack at it - it's definitely a Criterion gig now.

"Going forward now, with Most Wanted and what we'll do in the future [will have], shall we say, a strong Criterion involvement
," he explained. "I'm personally involved in how the cars drive, how the game will play out, how connected they are, and what the features are."

The studio would not clarify if Criterion will directly develop every Need for Speed title, as Ward intimated, or simply oversee the series, when we asked them after our interview.

Ward was, however, clear that Criterion will have control over which Need for Speed titles will come out in the future.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-takes-over-entire-need-for-speed-series.aspx

Top Bottom