• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed (2015, Full Reboot, PC/PS4/XB1, Ghost) Reveal Trailer

There it is :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybZ5nchDm6o

Eurogamer Interview: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-21-the-next-need-for-speed-is-a-reboot

PR said:
Need for Speed Returns in an Action Driving Experience That Unites the Culture of Speed
Deep Customisation, Authentic Urban Car Culture, Open World, and Immersive Narrative All Feature in the Reboot of the Famed Need for Speed Franchise

GOTHENBURG, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ghost Games™, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) studio, announced today the return of Need for Speed™ in a full reboot of this storied franchise. The game delivers on what the fans want, and what Need for Speed stands for - deep customisation, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that pulls you through the game.

“Need for Speed is one of the most iconic names in gaming, and we're returning it to greatness in this reboot,” said Marcus Nilsson, Executive Producer at Ghost Games. “Pulling on our 20 years of history, and then taking a year out from releasing a game, we are making the game we’ve always wanted to. We're listening to the fans and delivering an experience that will capture their imagination and unleash their passion for cars and speed.”

Fuelled by EA's own car culture community, Speedhunters (www.speedhunters.com), Need for Speed will deliver an experience that's grounded in authentic car culture by diving into the rich world of past, present and emergent trends of the urban car scene. This collaboration with Speedhunters in the research and development of the game means the level of detail and real-world authenticity will envelop gamers in an exciting world to discover and enjoy in a way that only Need for Speed can deliver.

See the Need for Speed announce teaser trailer here, and subscribe to see the first full trailer on June 15, 2015.

Need for Speed will launch worldwide in Fall 2015 on Origin™ for PC , PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. To join the Need for Speed conversation please visit https://www.facebook.com/NeedforSpeed, follow us on Twitter® at https://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed. Press assets for Need for Speed are available at http://info.ea.com.

About Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 300 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.

In fiscal year 2015, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $4.5 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. More information about EA is available at www.ea.com/news.

EA, EA SPORTS, Battlefield,, Origin, The Sims, Dragon Age and Plants vs. Zombies are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. and its subsidiaries. John Madden, NFL and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. Xbox One is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. Facebook © 2015. © 2015 YouTube, LLC.
Source: http://news.ea.com/press-release/ar...ction-driving-experience-unites-culture-speed

The name is "Need for Speed"
This is a full reboot of the franchise and not a sequel. We've been listening to what people are wanting so you can expect deep customisation, a nocturnal open world and a narrative experience.

VIet8hm.png

SerTapTap

If that "all ingame" line is legit, that is awesome and AAA in general should be doing this (between EA and Ubi it's already an interesting trend). If it's downgraded it'll be an even bigger problem though. They really need to stop bullshitting pre-launch. Show us what you've got now, deliver better at release. Sony's been doing that pretty well, as have basically all indie developers.

I'm a wee bit doubtful it's accurate but we'll see.

dramatis

I get that they were trying to present it from a "bystander with a phone" perspective, but there's two problems: a bystander with a phone would use vertical video, and for a horizontal video it's too shaky lol.

Gestault

They have my attention. Not my trust mind you, but I know what the Need for Speed teams have achieved in the past compared to other titles, and they've had some amazing-looking games.

They need to nail the handling model though.

All footage captured in-game

I'll believe it when I see it.

And everyone should do the same considered how many times people have been burned in the last couple of years.

Also I would want to see non-shaky cam video, without the artifacts to simulate a digital camera.

SerTapTap

I get that they were trying to present it from a "bystander with a phone" perspective, but there's two problems: a bystander with a phone would use vertical video, and for a horizontal video it's too shaky lol.

Some of us are not cretins and record horizontally on our phones. But yes the shaky cam is annoying

Enosh

"cops"

god dammit, wbt NFS where you just race other people not having to deal with ramming, spikes, emp and other shit -.-

jmaine_ph

Was anywhere here really expecting gameplay? I'm sure they just said it would be a reveal right? Unless they say gameplay never get your hopes up

The new NFS game will feature deep customisation, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that pulls you through the game.

Well I'm in. Will be keeping an eye out.

Best wishes.

Top Bottom