• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed closed beta codes going out

ViciousDS

Banned
Stupid really, I mean a few screens = fair game but to stream it, knowing that EA is gonna be all over shit like that is just gonna get you banned and blacklisted from future Beta's.

because like every other streamer they are begging for followers.

Look at all the titles for every fucking game its

"Road to ________ Followers"

thats all people want is the quick dollar.

Best streams are the quiet ones with 3-4 viewers and they talk and interact with the people asking questions.

I really dont get why publishers do this "closed" beta with a signup page when almost everyone gets in anyway and then they expect that everyone will read/accept the NDA. Its laughable.

Same happened to the Battlefront Alpha. So much stuff leaked from it. Same will happen here.

Majanew

Banned
Game isn't for me.

Looks great and controls decent enough, but I hate the way it's designed. A live-action cutscene followed by a race that you can't pause (even when choosing to play solo) and you can't restart if you screw up.

hydruxo

Got a code, but I honestly didn't remember signing up for this at all haha. It was a pleasant surprise this morning though. Looking forward to trying it out when I get off work today!

mike4001_

I must say they perfectly blended the ingame with the filmed footage.

I actually don´t know how they did it.

Even in the garage you see the actor walking and talking which is clearly filmed but then the camera moved over to your vehicle and you can move around in the scene with the controller.

The problem is the whole blurryness and film grain makes it really hard to destiguish.

Apart from that the game looks like Need for Speed meets GTA. Driving handling is ... well .... you know Need for Speed. If you drive a little around, you get into it.

nib95

Banned
Game isn't for me.

Looks great and controls decent enough, but I hate the way it's designed. A live-action cutscene followed by a race that you can't pause (even when choosing to play solo) and you can't restart if you screw up.

Wat. That sounds...very odd. Are you sure about the bolded?

Majanew

Banned
Half of that is true. You can't Pause (game will continue running in the background), but you can Restart or Exit the Race.

You must have missed the option, because it's there. It's below the Map, Messages and REP screen when you press Start.

Where? All I see under those is Quick Actions, but there's nothing there.

How long did it take for people to d/l with 50mb+(psn dls here here seems to cap out at that) connections?
mines at a mostly a stable 2hours for the last 10 mins

0racle

Guys, I'm not the one to normally ask, but this is my most anticipated title this year....

If someone does not have time or interest to play I would love a NA ps4 code. I can give 30 day psn code?

Much appreciated !

I'm in on the Xbox. Downloading now.

RJ9ieMc.jpg

Guys, I'm not the one to normally ask, but this is my most anticipated title this year....

If someone does not have time or interest to play I would love a NA ps4 code. I can give 30 day psn code?

Much appreciated !

just a little late, im not hugely interested and wouldve given it away without anything in return. but now ive redeemed it.

kriskrosbbk

How do you change paint ? You can customize pretty much everything in the beta. I cannot find how to change the paint tho..

I have Restart and Exit there. Maybe it unlocks after you are in the actual free roam? What race did you try it on?

I also haven't seen the option yet.
Have lost all my races so far :D

Edit: Ah, Options button, not touchpad.

Just saw the time of day change from night to early morning. Not a smooth transition, it just jumped from one state to the other, very noticable.

Got my PS4 code and downloading now. Man, I haven't really loved a NFS game since Underground 2. i hope this is that breath of fresh air that the series needs.

This might be a strange request but anyone here have an Xbox One code they'd like to trade for a PS4 code? My consoles got fried recently and replaced my Xbox One already but getting the UC Collection PS4 next Friday lol.

Anyone? :D

Is this going to be the official OT for the beta?
Beta is gonna take almost 2 hours to download. Was hoping to play before I had to go to class :/

This might be a strange request but anyone here have an Xbox One code they'd like to trade for a PS4 code? My consoles got fried recently and replaced my Xbox One already but getting the UC Collection PS4 next Friday lol.

Only if you post screenshots 😈

SRV

I do, I'll send you a PM

stryke

Got a PS4 EU (I think) code but I'm not really interested in playing NFS at the moment. First person to quote me can have it.

Top Bottom