• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Heat Reveal

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It seems like one German gaming website ‘Gameware’ has leaked out Need for Speed 2019 title. As per the listing of the website, the upcoming Need for Speed will be called Need for Speed Heat.

Gameware-1.jpg

Thanks mods for the title change:lollipop_grinning_eyes: again;)

Last edited:

Acidizer

Banned
Big fan of NFS but the last game was dumbed down so much it wasn't even enjoyable at all. Crashing was near impossible, that took away the stakes of racing and left me feeling... WTF is the point? I am essentially controlling a camera in god mode.

nani17

are in a big trouble
2012: Everyone: Give us Underground 3
EA: Need For Speed Most Wanted

2013: Everyone: Give us Underground 3
EA: Need For Speed Rivals

2015: Everyone: Give us Underground 3
EA: Need For Speed

2017: Everyone: Give us Underground 3 are you even listening to us EA we're getting tired over here FFS.
EA: Ok we hear you how about Need For Speed Payback

2019: Everyone:
EA: Need For Speed Heat
Everyone: Fuck off EA
EA: But there's going to be microtransactions and battle royal it's what our data shows is really popular now. :messenger_beaming:

xrnzaaas

I shouldn't have bought Payback, because I didn't like the 2015 game that much, but I've learned my lesson. Not touching anything NfS related even in a massive sale, at least not until they change devs.

Last edited:

Puskas

Heat? Eh, could be worse. But I'm not going to forget that these wankers were trying to pull off a FIFA UT with the performance upgrades in Payback. Always-online (NFS 2015) was bad enough but that shit above, urgh. Never bought or played Payback as a result of that.

It's the only EA franchise I give a shit about these days (R.I.P Dead Space) and sincerely hope they don't fuck up the 25th anniversary of NFS. Not holding my breath though.

Last edited:

Larxia

2012: Everyone: Give us Underground 3
EA: Need For Speed Most Wanted

2013: Everyone: Give us Underground 3
EA: Need For Speed Rivals

2015: Everyone: Give us Underground 3
EA: Need For Speed

2017: Everyone: Give us Underground 3 are you even listening to us EA we're getting tired over here FFS.
EA: Ok we hear you how about Need For Speed Payback

2019: Everyone:
EA: Need For Speed Heat
Everyone: Fuck off EA
EA: But there's going to be microtransactions and battle royal it's what our data shows is really popular now. :messenger_beaming:
Well to be fair Need For Speed 2015 was kind of an attempt to go back to underground, at least it really felt like it. And the game could have been really great, but it really lacked life and was insanely too easy, there wasn't any challenge in the game at all, I remember races where I could stop and wait for 40 seconds for the opponents to catch me back, it was terrible and really ruined the fun.
But the game was beautiful, had a good gameplay and customization, and the atmosphere was nice (although like I said it lacked something, the world felt a bit dead, even for night time).

Also I wish they would finally add a text chat in the pc version of the games, having mmo-ish online hub with lot of players is useless if you can't even talk to other people, it just feels dead and you might as well be playing alone.

Rayderism

The sad thing is that even though this new NFS will likely be as rubbish as the last few, it will still outsell insanely fun racers like Wreckfest.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

It is time to bring the series back to the roots. What is going on with criterion?

If by roots you mean everything pre-Underground, you have my sword.

Back to basics varied looking rural tracks with beautiful next-gen landscapes, short but sweet selection of sports and exotic cars. Simple career mode where you earn money by winning races to buy, repair and upgrade cars.

Just look at the first 5 games in the series and copy that, EA. Hell just remaster those games in a single package at the very least.

Time to reinstall High Stakes on my comp.

Last edited:

spartan30gr

If by roots you mean everything pre-Underground, you have my sword.

Back to basics varied looking rural tracks with beautiful next-gen landscapes, short but sweet selection of sports and exotic cars. Simple career mode where you earn money by winning races to buy, repair and upgrade cars.

Just look at the first 5 games in the series and copy that, EA. Hell just remaster those games in a single package at the very least.

Time to reinstall High Stakes on my comp.
Yes.The last and good need for speed where I enjoyed show much is from criterion.

That's is a need for speed I like to see again.

-BLITZ-

Well, those fences behind the car and color combination, body kit (reminder of U2 neon's) could lead to idea that the car is somewhere on an airstrip or closed race tracks like in Underground 2, but I hardly believe this will be the predecessor of Underground 2. The series died to me after Most Wanted. They, just don't listen to us, or don't want to believe that what was good and old is not important in the present.

Last edited:

Dane

Anything after Carbon is shit.
Need For Speed is a dead franchise, taking its rightful place alongside Dead Space and Mass Effect in the cemetery of franchises.
Damn, almost every franchise went downhill after 2010.

EA has really gone downhill, at least at the last generation they had other ones to replace them, but even at the end they started to struggle as a whole, and by half of this they missed every mark.

GAMETA

Banned
If they want to make the franchise relevant again they need to study what Forza Horizon's been doing and make it better.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Wasn't impressed at all. I'll wait for extended gameplay videos first, but yeah.... meh at best so far.

Last edited:

scalman

looks bad in those couple moment in trailer where they show car from back it looks not good kinda like last NFS games , its nothing polished like Forza games anymore. i mean how can you compete with Horizon 4 ir arcadyish racings
it allmost looked like mobile game , maybe it needed to stay it

Last edited:
Dat Vette 😍..not gonna lie, I was thinking either my Demon or GTR up trade for a C8 or C7 ZR1..incredible performance bang for buck.

C8s 1st year production is tapped out 🙉😔..gotta wait.

looks bad in those couple moment in trailer where they show car from back it looks not good kinda like last NFS games , its nothing polished like Forza games anymore. i mean how can you compete with Horizon 4 ir arcadyish racings
it allmost looked like mobile game , maybe it needed to stay it
They've been downgrading ever since the reboot in 2015, Payback looks really, really bad if you compare it to Need for Speed 2015... and if you compare it to Forza Horizon it looks even worse.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Play on the retro theme (Cyberpunk, etc.), yet have modern tropes all up and down.

Seems like the retro branding theme is a marketing coat of paint only, just to maximize on the new trend soon, especially the Cyberpunk retro/synth style. Feels out of place with the modern edginess in there.

This franchise has been, and still is dead to me.

Last edited:

spartan30gr

When they think to change the graphic engine in the series?/I dont like show much the frostbite engine.I hope the gameplay to show,is much better than the paybacks

Top Bottom