• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Release date - November 19th

Can a mod change the title to reflect the correct date

http://www.criteriongames.com/NFS/

E302.jpg

E303.jpg

E304.jpg

Footage from the EA press conference

HD

SD

So does that mean Criterion's NFS isn't releasing this year? They posted on their Twitter that the cat was still in the bag after the Hot Pursuit leak happened.

SolidSnakex said:
So does that mean Criterion's NFS isn't releasing this year? They posted on their Twitter that the cat was still in the bag after the Hot Pursuit leak happened.
THEY HAVE 2 CATS. :lol

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
But NFS: Hot Pursuit was released in 199.....whaaaaaaaaaat?

Crtierion developed or not, do want. NOW.

Goldrusher

SolidSnakex said:
We'll know in less than an hour.

Maybe they meant we haven't seen anything, other than the logo / name ?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I knew there would never be a NFS-less holiday. They did have me scared though. Goodbye, $59.99.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
This is the Criterion game.

Thought this was leaked yesterday though.

Goldrusher

http://www.youtube.com/e3

Trailer is streaming now !

It's AWESOME !

- real cars of course
- LOOOOOOOOOOOONG highways
- cops with helicopters (in cut scene ? playable ?)
- career as racer, career as cop
- lots of online stuff

By Criterion !

"We knew we wanted to take it back to its roots!"

Manager

Just got this:
EA Turns up the Heat with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

Cops and Racers + Hot Cars + Your Friends = Endless Competition
E3 Expo 2010

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Criterion reinvents Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit for the connected generation. Criterion Games, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced today that the award-winning development team is making the latest installment in the renowned Need for Speed franchise. Inspired by the classic game of the same name, Criterion will reveal Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for the very first time today at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles. Launching in November 2010, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit brings the franchise back to its roots with intense cops vs. racer chases. Criterion also ups the ante with the introduction of an all-new online network called Need for Speed Autolog where players compare racing stats and automatically get personalized gameplay recommendations from their friends – a feature that is poised to transform online racing for the connected generation.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit players will experience the thrill of the chase and the rush of the escape as they play through full careers as both a cop and a racer – solo or connected. The high speed busts and heart-stopping getaways are all connected via Need for Speed Autolog. This network not only connects friends for epic head-to-head pursuits and races, but also enables players to compare performances and stats, thereby setting the stage for the ultimate in social competition.

Craig Sullivan, Creative Director of the game said, “At Criterion, we’ve been playing Need for Speed since it was first introduced on 3DO. We are honored and excited by the opportunity to reinvent the franchise for today’s connected audience. Our goal has been to create cops vs. racers pursuits that are so fun, fast and exciting it really brings to life the adrenaline and intensity of the high speed cop pursuit experience with your friends.”

Developed by Criterion Games, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit will be available on November 16, 2010 in North America and on November 18 and 19, 2010 in Europe on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit will also be available on the Wii™ and is being developed by Exient.

For more information on Need for Speed, please visit http://www.needforspeed.com. Or become a fan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/needforspeed and follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/needforspeed.

Jagernaut

Great news. Hot Pursuit for the PS2 was the last Need for Speed title I bought. I loved that game, but didn't like the later NFS games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really hope there is more to it than "chase forward, oops ahead of criminal, stop, chase back" that that demo had.

Still, it's Criterion, so I'm really pumped for it. And it's Hot Pursuit. Cops vs Criminals. Hopefully better than the "C&R" pack they did for Burnout Paradise.

Holy shit that game play looked like sex in a can !!!

NFS OLD SCHOOL BITCHES !!!

I didn't really care for Burnout Paradise that much but I'm gonna give it another try this summer but man I'm looking forward to NFS:HP more than Gran Turismo 5.

Erebus

SolidSnakex said:
They did a live demo after they showed the CG trailer.
I must have missed that then :(
Hopefully, there will be gameplay footage on all the gaming sites soon.

It's really great that they are going back to some of the open, non-urban environments of earlier NFS games (like forest, coastal, and desert locales). I enjoy the vistas from that a lot more than a bunch of boring buildings. Looks very good.

regarding "cat still in the bag" comment, could this be the first of EAs "large demo games" ?

Hot Pursuit now, bigger version later?
Something about it, as fantastic as it is, felt like that could be the case.

(or SSX ;) )

Top Bottom