• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted by Criterion [use new thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criterion did wonders with Hot Pursuit, so they will do well with Most Wanted.

Most Wanted was the last true NFS game this gen untill Criterion did NFS HP.

My guess is EA ca't make a good racing game anymore. That's why they let Criterion do it.

I hope Criterion has the balls to stand up to them, I really rather have a new Burnout.

It's been to long already.

Sometimes it seems hard to believe that Burnout Paradise came out in 2008...

I know.

I played the game earlier this year and the last game update was in 2009, if I remember correctly. It's still fun to play and there are still people playing, mostly veterans and the odd new guy who just got the game.

Here's hoping EA won't shut off the server anytime soon.

Ugh. Naming the new racing game from Criterion "Need For Speed Most Wanted" is just marketing bs.

I'm sure it won't suck, but Criterion needs to make Burnout and evolve that series, not be tied to conventions of an old one.

Bgamer90

Banned
I was hoping for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit II not a Most Wanted reboot

Here you go...

51XQ4MK7TML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:)

Cramoss

My favorite Need for Speed game was for sure Most Wanted, so this is good news. I'm kind of curious to see how Criterion will handle it.

jett

D-Member
Burnout Paradise was basically Most Wanted sans character story, licensed cars . This will play exact like Paradise, mark my words. I've played more Burnout than NFS in my time, but I'm over unlicensed cars -- they are ugly and generally not fun.

NFS by Criterion is simply the best of both worlds.

How can you say this will play exactly like Paradise? HP controlled exactly like a NFS game and nothing like Burnout. THAT's what I expect out of this one, once again.

iNvid02

Woo, MW is my favourite NFS by far. They usually do PC versions, right?

yeah, but they are standard ports unfortunately

hot pursuit 2010 cold have been spectacular on pc, but it turned out to be just average
still immensely fun, but just a bog standard port

the run last year was capped at 30fps at launch, no idea why but it should give you an idea
of what to expect from the pc versions of nfs

Wonko_C

Absolutely. It's all about visual clarity.

I'm praying this reboot runs at 60fps, and if not, then at a solid 30.
The original 360 Most Wanted was like 30, 30, 30, 15, 15, 30, 30, 30, 5, 5, 5, 15, 30, 30. Still a supeb game, but annoyingly erratic framerate.

It also had THE BEST police radio chatter in a videogame, ever. Something they've found strangely hard to reproduce since. I absolutely loved the dispatcher's delivery in Most Wanted.

I always switched my 360 to 480p 4:3 just to be able to play NFS: Most Wanted at 60fps, it was heaven. Too bad this didn't become a standard for all games.

Hawk SE

The only beef I have about the box art is comparison to the last Criterion game released. The like their red, white, and blacks...

BURNOUT CRASH:

burnout_crash_boxart.jpg

MOST WANTED:

75e013ef87615a271a7d0047de307.jpg

Mascot

I always switched my 360 to 480p 4:3 just to be able to play NFS: Most Wanted at 60fps, it was heaven. Too bad this didn't become a standard for all games.

Whisky tango FOXTROT??!

You're shitting me? I'll rebuy this tomorrow if true. Please be true.

jono51

Banned
I'd prefer a new Burnout, but I can get behind a new Most Wanted for sure. The original was a fantastic game.

Fuck you EA, stop making Critterion work on that horrible franchise. Let Critterion make a new Burnout game, or whatever the hell they want to do. NFS sucks :(

Fuck you EA, stop making Critterion work on that horrible franchise. Let Critterion make a new Burnout game, or whatever the hell they want to do. NFS sucks :(

It's possible that Criterion wanted a break from Burnout. They were working on it since at least 2000 through 2008.

Smokey

Fuck yes

Will be buying this on PC for dat 60fps. Hot Pursuit on PC with AA tweaks and such was amazing looking.

So, that gameplay confirmed it, it's Burnout Paradise 2 with real cars.

Smashed Gates, Smashed Billboards, Longest jump records, open world. All Paradise staples.

saladine1

So Hot Pursuit/Burnout?
Mostly 'exotic' cars and no upgrades/customization/blacklist?

Fuck off Criterion and fuck off EA!
I want Black Box back...

Tunic

I am very excited about this release. It looks pretty nice and the open world feature will definitely add to the experience. Nice presentation.

Duffyside

Banned
"God save the queen." Up yours. How about "May God end all vestiges of monarchies" instead?

Otherwise; looks fantastic! Open-world Criterion game with Autolog! Can't wait.

"God save the queen." Up yours. How about "May God end all vestiges of monarchies" instead?

Otherwise; looks fantastic! Open-world Criterion game with Autolog! Can't wait.

We're celebrating the Diamond Jubilee, note the names of the players on the scoreboard!

Anyway, game looks brilliant. Will be my first NFS since Carbon :D

iNvid02

disappointed about the lack of scenery, just some grey city which looks bland

reminds me of the run's city levels, but even that had some half decent scenic routes

i need to see a lot more now

kenta

Has no PEINS
That demo looked so legit. It's basically Paradise 2 with licensed cars (speedwalls and billboards and chain-link gates to boot). So so good

I must be the only person that didn't like Paradise. I preferred the focused tracks of 3 and Revenge.

You're not the only one.
I loved Paradise, because it was my first Burnout game. I like the other Burnout games too, though. I just like the sandbox aspect of Paradise better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom