• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Payback preorder exclusive tire smoke

MrBS

4P9aoME.jpg

Spotted on aussie retailer EB Games website here

Will tire smoke push you over the edge to preorder GAF?

edit: as pointed out it's for an exclusive tire smoke colour, tire smoke is still in the game sans DLC

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
I would rather have super shit pre order content so that im not forced to pre order and get locked out of certain content if im honest, but its still laughable

Retro

"That's it. We've officially run out of ways to bilk our customers, the only way we could screw them any harder is if we start using smoke and mirrors."

EA Executive: ".... wait a sec."

<cash register sound>

xevis

Banned
"That's it. We've officially run out of ways to bilk our customers, the only way we could screw them any harder is if we start using smoke and mirrors."

EA Executive: ".... wait a sec." <cash register sound>

Mirrors DLC Pack confirmed!

LQX

So ridiculous it was no doubt done to drum-up talk about the game on gaming sites and social media.

I would rather have super shit pre order content so that im not forced to pre order and get locked out of certain content if im honest, but its still laughable

Exactly. This guy gets it. People wanna bitch about having guns, characters, maps, locked behind preorder nonsense. Well here you go. Nothing of value locked behind a preorder. Nothin to get upset about.

Oersted

Just lol. This so randomly silly.

I would rather have super cool physical stuff.

David___

Banned
People upset when they put actual content behind a pre order

People upset when they put throwaway content behind a pre order to satisfy retailers while the customer loses nothing of value

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

That's crazy dumb, but at least it's not like an exclusive mission or a car you can't get later through DLC.

I'll take dumb bonuses over content being cut every day.

styl3s

Exclusive Platinum Blue Tire Smoke
I don't see the big deal? Tire smoke is still in the game.

That's crazy dumb, but at least it's not like an exclusive mission or a car you can't get later through DLC.

I'll take dumb bonuses over content being cut every day.
What content is being cut aside from a color effect and a car skin?

Mohonky

Not going to lie, there are a lot of Australians that would go for this. Burnouts are an actual sport here.

Wereroku

This is just a special color of tire smoke like GTA Online and Rocket League. What's the big deal with that. Wouldn't you rather have that instead of actual content locked away?

rrs

Is your will to not buy loot crates as weak as your will to not preorder?
i'm not touching this game, EA fucked up the car physics in the previous games and there's no sign this game won't control like a bargain bin PS1 racing game

Top Bottom