• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Unbound - Speed Race Gameplay

Tunned

I'm looking forward to this game, Heat was a step in the right direction for NFS. NFS Heat Unite (arcade physics) made the handling a lot better. This looks like Heat 2.0, maybe with better handling.

P.S. how can someone think the artist name "ASAP Rocky" be cool? It sound like something a 5 year old comes up with for a superhero name...

Umbasaborne

Banned
I dont get why people seem so down on this game. We rarely get arcade racing games and this seems like a very pretty, fun looking, one of those. It doesnt need to change the world or revolutionize the genre, it just needs to be a fun ass arcadey open world racing game, just like heat was.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Looks like the same tired gameplay we've gotten for 25+ years with a new coat of paint.

CCu.gif

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I hope that we can disable this wings and any other art shit during the race. Gets old as soon as the race starts

When I saw the first trailers for this, I found it to be overstimulating and distracting, especially as the effects were used in several cars on the road. But, seeing it limited to just your car is much better. I think it looks pretty dope, and quite distinct/unique. Feels like good ol' NFS again - very familiar. And no other racer captures the feeling of speed so well.

I'm interested.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Is Jessica Rabbit in..? Because if so, I'm in too - I think. Good to hear it's possible to turn off the car effects..

I'm looking forward to this game, Heat was a step in the right direction for NFS. NFS Heat Unite (arcade physics) made the handling a lot better. This looks like Heat 2.0, maybe with better handling.

P.S. how can someone think the artist name "ASAP Rocky" be cool? It sound like something a 5 year old comes up with for a superhero name...
Kids who’ve known nothing but social media since birth

Tunned

There are plenty of videos of gameplay for the game already, here is one:

I'm sold, looks awesome. Thank god the cartoon effects can be switched off.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Most important question is, will it be a racing game or a story game where you are a car like payback

tommib

I'm really not the target audience for this. Looks dreadful with those Matutano chips effects, teen voice-acting out of some MTV Awards, yehaw, wowwww, boom!, and the trap music and anime visuals... I used to be such a fan of Need for Speed... I'm old...

Fbh

Yeah not feeling it, just looks like more NFS.
Should be fun for people who are already into the franchise but I'm seeing nothing to bring in a new audience outside of cartoony visual effects.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Haven't checked too many videos. Can anyone tell me how the car upgrades are done?

Is it the way Heat did it? Or is it something terrible like how Payback did it?

jaysius

Banned
That music of slow jazz drums is fucking awful, it fits perfectly with the shitty art style though.

This thing isn't going to sell as well as they want it to.

Jennings

I've never played a Need for Speed game and I'm dying for a modern entertaining arcade racer. Is it open world and/or in other ways similar to the likes of Burnout Paradise?

Last edited:
I’m sure you’re being sarcastic but the game is running native 4k 60fps on current gen. This was obviously being made with last gen in mind. 1080 30 would have been doable.
So why are there no last gen versions??

Performance musst be trash like I said. Or do you think EA will voluntarily give up the money?🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Needlecrash

Honestly, that's the kind of DLC I could completely get behind: soundtracks. 80's metal. EDM. Grime. Rock and roll. I'd be down for that at the right price.
Same. I miss the Most Wanted 2005 OST. It had something for everyone and it was amazing. Maybe I'm getting old or out of touch.

jaydogg691

Where the 60fps footage from the leaks? I see the menus running at 60, but gameplay is at 30. Other vids are uploaded at 30fps.

Seen a lot of gameplay over the weekend and it was actually quite good, apart from the person playing it.
EA Play trial starts in 30-60 minutes, so I'm gonna try that first.

Orta

Banned
Is it just straight up racing? Are there stupid missions/side quests etc? And is it set in an open world where one wrong turn gets you completely lost?

I like the look of it and want an arcade racer but its a NFS game and I steer well clear of them (hot pursuit is the only one I like).

The chav/wigger (are you allowed to say that these days?) centric characters and sound track is off putting too.

Last edited:

ancelotti

I'm trying to play the game but Kaspersky keeps detecting the main .exe as a trojan. I'll have to try adding the game folder to the exceptions list.

mZ6XjcJ.jpg

Edit: Yeah, adding the exception did the trick. Hopefully EA didn't sneak in a cryptominer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom