• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need Some Monitor Suggestions

MoogleMan

I'm in the market for a second monitor. I have one (viewsonic VA2759-smh), but it has pretty bad ips glow and the colors seem a bit muted next to my LG (34UM68-P). I'm in the process of RMAing it, but I don't have much faith anything will come of it.

So here's what I need: a 27 inch ips monitor with vesa mounting. 1080p resolution, and I don't really need more than 60hz.

Why?
Besides being my secondary monitor at my desk, it will be plugged into one of my av receiver's hdmi outs so I can play my switch, ps4 or watch football at my desk. So no need for 1440p or >60hz. The issue seems to be finding a good quality monitor with those specs. Really, the only one I can find is an aoc on sale at amazon for $150 (now $170). It's primary use will be the aforementioned console gaming and watching football.

On the same page is the AOC i2777fq for $250.

Budget is up to $400usd, and I prefer to get it from amazon.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
My first 4K monitor I bought was an Acer CB281HK. For my first one of the three I have now, it is a superb monitor for the price. You can get it for around $300.00 and it has great color and picture quulity.

Make sure you get the 281 and not the CB280HK as the 280 has HDMI 1.4 instead of 2.0.

It comes with a HDMI and Disply Port. I have been mighty impressed by it. It is also a 28 inch screen, can be raised and lowered without clamping, it uses a spring and the weight of the screen holds it in place.

It also can be turned to use in portrait mode.

If you want good bang for the buck, this is a great monitor. It is also FreeSync if you have an AMD card. Hope this helps.

MoogleMan

Thanks. I'll look into that one.

4k should be ok since 1080p scales evenly to 4k, so ps4 (not pro) and switch games should look fine on it.

That's a good price too.

Top Bottom