• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Druckmann has being getting transphobic, homophobic, anti-Semitic messages

sol_bad

And here we see Druckmann's manipulative posts take effect, equating those disadjusted people sending death threats to people that don't like the game. Now somehow incredibly valid criticisms of the game such as its terrible story, pushing of sjw narrative over a compelling story and lack of compelling characters somehow become mysoginist and sexist and other ists.

If you find the people here in Neogaf disgusting for not liking your sjw "master piece", well then, why not request a permaban and leave?

Nope, I like NeoGAF, I don't want to leave and don't need a permaban request. I'm not calling for anyone to be banned or to leave either. That in itself is another problem, people here keep asking left leaning people to leave or to go to ERA, that's a big problem and contributes to "echo chamber" mentality. I just want the community to better itself.

Druckmann doesn't come across as hurt by these Tweets, nothing wrong for showing and shaming the disgusting people that are insulting him. As for story, that is something we won't agree on because I do think it is an exceptionally compelling story and has great characters. I was highly emotionally involved with it's narrative.

Like I said in my post, his whole attitude is the kind of attitude that attracts this kind of shit. I do not condone what people are saying, but he does act like that bully in school that pisses off everyone and runs to his mother afterwards crying and saying he was bullied.

He acts like his game is some sort of educational tool and he thinks its function is to educate people. It is just an entertainment product, he is pretentious as fuck and acts like an idiot. That said, I don't agree that people should attack him. But I won't defend him either.

Again, nothing wrong with showing and shaming the disgusting humans that are messaging him.
If he has done anything else, I don't know because I don't use Twitter.

Kiwicha

Vote with your wallet dosen't quite work with this game. Millions bought it the first couple of days 'cause it is this gigantic game, sequel to a beloved ps3 game. And out of those millions, thoundsand of them, as I said before, I know a couple of them, don't like what they bought, and there's nothing they can do. Are there refunds for digital games? So, some of them are complaining online. Not my cousins, they hate the game but they are not in forums or tweeter. They told me cause I'm the older cousin who used to play videogames.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
The biggest issue has nothing to with Abby being Trans,Gay, or whatever. The biggest issue is Abby is just an unlikable person with no good qualities. The player has little reason to care at all for her.

This whole "woke" culture loves to complain. Neil Cuckman is an ass. Stop giving this deuch the attention.

I think you guys are looking too deep into this. I dont like how Abby in 3 years became this walking Terminator...they could of left her be as she was 3 years ago which was more of a Lara Croft body type. I just couldnt get over how stupid it looked controlling her from behind like a walking wardrobe cabinet with THUMP THUMP footsteps. The only thing I didint like about her segment was that it was as long as Ellie's. I came to bring the pain with Ellie so taking away control of her for such a long time is a bit jarring but gameplay wise her section is just as good if not better than Ellie's.

Last edited:
No.
People saying all that shit to Druckmann and people on this forum saying that he deserves it are disgusting and immature.
I don't attack people, I don't throw insults and degrade people based on their beliefs or backgrounds. Sure, I've thrown out generic insults like "fucking idiot" but it's very few and far between. I'm pretty sure Schroidingers Cat is one of the only people I've insulted in that manner but it felt like he was trying to degrade me at any turn he could. Did I report him? Of course not because at the end of the day, if a few words on a screen are going to upset me that much from someone I don't know, I need to revalue my life. But at least in this example there is a direct interaction between 2 people.
These people attacking Druckmann never interact with him, they don't know him, they just hate the direction the story went in TLOU2.

People can shit on and critique the game, the product, as much as they want. No need to attack the people behind the game. So yes, I do disagree with people attacking other people. There is no need for it, it won't accomplish anything. We should all work on being nice towards each other.

Hypocrite at its best. Not only did you just insulted people based on their belief, nobody in Neogaf has made any death threats with their criticism, yet you're comparing the two, added by your own insults. What makes you special? Everyone is justified with their criticism towards Cuckman, not only because he's the creator of this disaster, but also because he started the insults towards fans for criticizing his game in all fairness, and acting like a spoiled whiny brat about it. They should just fire his ass because he obviously doesn't have what it takes to handle the industry, he also lacks any talent.

I think you guys are looking too deep into this. I dont like how Abby in 3 years became this walking Terminator...they could of left her be as she was 3 years ago which was more of a Lara Croft body type. I just couldnt get over how stupid it looked controlling her from behind like a walking wardrobe cabinet with THUMP THUMP footsteps. The only thing I didint like about her segment was that it was as long as Ellie's. I came to bring the pain with Ellie so taking away control of her for such a long time is a bit jarring but gameplay wise her section is just as good if not better than Ellie's.
Well most of Seattle was padded and garbage. Abby had a bit more to do and better weapons. Ellie still had the best part of the game, which was Santa Barbara. Fucking amazing. Abby is a character that someone should have noticed was not working well. I say this, make her a guy. Just gender swap her, Owen and Mel. Have Abigail beat the crap out of an old man, fuck a drunk ex girlfriend who is pregnant with someone else's kid, beat the shit out of a nineteen year old girl half is size, as well as almost slit the throat of her pregnant GF. Wonder how many Abby fans would still be fans.

Well most of Seattle was padded and garbage. Abby had a bit more to do and better weapons. Ellie still had the best part of the game, which was Santa Barbara. Fucking amazing. Abby is a character that someone should have noticed was not working well. I say this, make her a guy. Just gender swap her, Owen and Mel. Have Abigail beat the crap out of an old man, fuck a drunk ex girlfriend who is pregnant with someone else's kid, beat the shit out of a nineteen year old girl half is size, as well as almost slit the throat of her pregnant GF. Wonder how many Abby fans would still be fans.

Yeah I agree with a lot what you say. Same with Lev, so much unnecessary controvery could of been avoided by making him/her a regular character. They are already a strong caring caracter....who gives a shit if in all that mess they had internal suffering with their body type. It looked so thrown on so they could have all the United colors of Benetton in their game. Santa Barbara was such a refreshing setting and unexpected for me because when that farmhouse scene started I thought that was the end. What I really dont get since they were using Seattle setting, that place has such iconic buildings. The fact that we never went to the Space Needle, Pike Place Market or Museum of Pop Culture even in their ruined state. I donno if they thought it was cliche or they didnt want to pay some legal fees to present those in game. Because playing the game, theres very little that told me that it was Seattle, it just looked like any other ruined town.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with a lot what you say. Santa Barbara was such a refreshing setting and unexpected for me because when that farmhouse scene started I thought that was the end. What I really dont get since they were using Seattle setting, that place has such iconic buildings. The fact that we never went to the Space Needle, Pike Place Market or Museum of Pop Culture even in their ruined state. I donno if they thought it was cliche or they didnt want to pay some legal fees to present those in game. Because playing the game, theres very little that told me that it was Seattle, it just looked like any other ruined town.
You mean Seattle isn't a bunch of one way road and drop offs? How anyone can think that level design was good...
The aquarium and theater's were nice though. And a few of the arenas were decent too. But it felt very cut and paste on the whole.

sevoro

Hypocrite at its best. Not only did you just insulted people based on their belief, nobody in Neogaf has made any death threats with their criticism, yet you're comparing the two, added by your own insults. What makes you special? Everyone is justified with their criticism towards Cuckman, not only because he's the creator of this disaster, but also because he started the insults towards fans for criticizing his game in all fairness, and acting like a spoiled whiny brat about it. They should just fire his ass because he obviously doesn't have what it takes to handle the industry, he also lacks any talent.
Can I get the receipts to where he insulted the fans? Also do you want to address the people who says he deserves these death threats?

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
The biggest issue has nothing to with Abby being Trans,Gay, or whatever. The biggest issue is Abby is just an unlikable person with no good qualities. The player has little reason to care at all for her.

This whole "woke" culture loves to complain. Neil Cuckman is an ass. Stop giving this deuch the attention.

While a certain action of Abby is abhorrent, I actually found Abby's personality to be likeable; she is soft spoken, has an emotional baseline that is close to happiness, is merciful, and is helpful to people in need.

On the other hand, while Ellie's actions aren't abhorrent but are understandable, I found her personality to be unlikeable. She is profane, pouty, and generally emotionally immature; I also hate the sound of her voice.

sol_bad

Are you being serious?
Calling someone a "fucking kike rat" and calling Druckmann by the name "Cuckman" as you are is the same as me saying that anyone agreeing with these people on Twitter are disgusting is the same? And I'm a hypocrite? What sort of a belief is "fucking kike rat? exactly?

Please show me that insults that he laid out before his fans? Having the context of Druckmann's insults will help determine if they were really fans or not as well.

And here is someone else on GAF trying to "cancel" someone. Complete opposite to ERA, fire him and kick him out of the industry just because you don't like the story? I think you are being very immature about it.

Last edited:
While a certain action of Abby is abhorrent, I actually found Abby's personality to be likeable; she is soft spoken, has an emotional baseline that is close to happiness, is merciful, and is helpful to people in need.

On the other hand, while Ellie's actions aren't abhorrent but are understandable, I found her personality to be unlikeable. She is profane, pouty, and generally emotionally immature; I also hate the sound of her voice.

images

Kiwicha

The first impresion of Abby is what doesn't sit well with a lot of people. (mild spoilers) This man just saved her life. As soon as she realizes that this is Joel Miller, the guy she's been looking for all this time, any decent person would hesitate, feel comflicted, or doubtul,. Because they want us to symphatize with her , right?
And in the end if she really needed to not let him go, at least let the guy know why you're doing this, and make it quick. After all, he didn't torture anybody to saved Ellie, and he just saved your life.

I haven't followed what he's been saying, but did he blame it on "Alt-right, ists or phobes" yet? Signs of paranoid schizophrenia.

I mean, from the messages he posted, he doesn't need to lay specific blame on those people. Anyone with common sense can tell that it is the alt-right trolls, anti-semitists, homophobes and transphobes sending those messages. I don't get how you can say "Did he blame it on the people who are very obviously sending the messages? Those are signs of mental illness!"

You're delusional if you think anyone but those people sent those messages

Abby ultimately does not kill Dina; she spares her and therefore exhibits mercy. Furthermore, the only reason that she initially intended to kill Dina is that Ellie killed several of her friends, one of whom was pregnant, like Dina.

She spares her only because Lev stopped her, but if she had her way she would've enjoyed killing her, with a sick smile on her face. Last if she had any mercy, she would forgive Ellie and Joel, or at least give them a chance to hear them out rather then murdering them in cold blood. She's a merciless, unsympathetic, cold blooded murder! Anyone who can sympathize with her are no better than those death threats Cuckman received, both are saying killing is the solution.

Zero7

I've said it for a long ass time, TLOU fanbase are petty and toxic as fuck. This is just full proof of it. But at the sametime Drukman is a fucking hypocrit who needlessly brought all this on himself.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
She spares her only because Lev stopped her, but if she had her way she would've enjoyed killing her, with a sick smile on her face. Last if she had any mercy, she would forgive Ellie and Joel, or at least give them a chance to hear them out rather then murdering them in cold blood. She's a merciless, unsympathetic, cold blooded murder! Anyone who can sympathize with her are no better than those death threats Cuckman received, both are saying killing is the solution.

I don't agree. She spared Ellie at the cabin and even after Ellie came after her and killed her friends despite her sparing Ellie at the cabin, she still managed to overcome her anger and spare Ellie yet again, along with Dina. Yes, it's only because of Lev's plea that she spares Ellie for a second time and spares Dina, but when you consider all that she lost due to sparing Ellie the first time, at the cabin, it's commendable that she gave into Lev's plea. She's merciful.

Kiwicha

I don't agree. She spared Ellie at the cabin and even after Ellie came after her and killed her friends despite her sparing Ellie at the cabin, she still managed to overcome her anger and spare Ellie yet again, along with Dina. Yes, it's only because of Lev's plea that she spares Ellie for a second time and spares Dina, but when you consider all that she lost due to sparing Ellie the first time, at the cabin, it's commendable that she gave into Lev's plea. She's merciful.
Owen is the one against killing Tommy and Ellie, she was in favor of killing them. Like she wanted to kill Dina, like she killed Jessie and Tommy (as far as she knows he is dead) when he stopped her from killing Ellie.
Merciful?[/spoiler

Disagree all you want, I wouldn't expect any less from blind fanboyism, that says a lot about your character, just don't invite me anywhere, you might stab me in my sleep, throw me under a bus or off a cliff. You're basically saying it's ok to be merciful sometimes. Where was her mercy with joel? She just killed him in cold blood, there's no excuse for murdering no matter what and you're excusing it, because it fits your narrative.

Azurro

Banned
Nope, I like NeoGAF, I don't want to leave and don't need a permaban request. I'm not calling for anyone to be banned or to leave either. That in itself is another problem, people here keep asking left leaning people to leave or to go to ERA, that's a big problem and contributes to "echo chamber" mentality. I just want the community to better itself.

You did call the people in this forum disgusting, which means that you don't like it here. Unless you do like it here and you'd like people like me banned because we don't like the propaganda game with terrible characters.

Druckmann doesn't come across as hurt by these Tweets, nothing wrong for showing and shaming the disgusting people that are insulting him. As for story, that is something we won't agree on because I do think it is an exceptionally compelling story and has great characters. I was highly emotionally involved with it's narrative.

Again, nothing wrong with showing and shaming the disgusting humans that are messaging him.
If he has done anything else, I don't know because I don't use Twitter.

There is a purpose to those tweets, he is using it to manipulate public perception and make himself look like a poor oppressed victim and make the people that disliked his magnus opus "Titenator vs angry lesbian and pregnant buddies inexplicably in battle" to be equated to those making those tweets. And for some people, it seems to be working, like with you.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Owen is the one against killing Tommy and Ellie, she was in favor of killing them. Like she wanted to kill Dina, like she killed Jessie and Tommy (as far as she knows he is dead) when he stopped her from killing Ellie.
Merciful?[/spoiler
She wasn't in favor of killing Ellie or Tommy at the cabin; when one of her friends, whom was cut in the face by Ellie, suggests that they kill Ellie and Tommy, Abby says, "Stop. We're done."

Go to 8:14.

sol_bad

You did call the people in this forum disgusting, which means that you don't like it here. Unless you do like it here and you'd like people like me banned because we don't like the propaganda game with terrible characters.

Why would I want you banned? I just want people to be decent human beings to each other.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Disagree all you want, I wouldn't expect any less from blind fanboyism, that says a lot about your character, just don't invite me anywhere, you might stab me in my sleep, throw me under a bus or off a cliff. You're basically saying it's ok to be merciful sometimes. Where was her mercy with joel? She just killed him in cold blood, there's no excuse for murdering no matter what and you're excusing it, because it fits your narrative.

1. Joel killed her father. Hence, her bloodlust is understandable.
2. She lives in a post-apocalyptic world of lawlessness and violence, in which factions ruthlessly combat one another.
3. Via the gameplay of the previous game and the sequel, it's demonstrated that beating people to death with blunt instruments (e.g. hammers, wooded boards/ sticks, wrenches, etc) is quite normal and is something that Joel (under the player's control) does repeatedly.

Hence, it's understandable that she killed Joel and that she did so by beating him to death with a blunt instrument.

Even though we and Joel may think that Joel's decision to kill Abby's father was moral, she obviously doesn't agree because she, her father, and the Fireflies felt that sacrificing Ellie for the greater good was necessary. Hence, from her perspective, Joel was wrong - or was at least wrong for killing her father (since Joel didn't actually have to kill her father in order to rescue Ellie).

Azurro

Banned
Why would I want you banned? I just want people to be decent human beings to each other.

You are attacking the people in this forum for things that you have imagined in your head. No one here has said that they support the content of those tweets, but regardless, you are equating everyone that doesn't like the "masterpiece" that is TLOU2 with the people making those tweets and calling us disgusting. So you must want us banned, you don't want disgusting people around, do you?

tsumake

I have a question: for those who didn’t like the game, would you ever buy another game with Neil Druckmann involved?

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Social media was a mistake. It's a cancer on humanity. I truly wish we could go back to the times before it became more important than real life.

Think how amazing it would be if everyone simply logged off Twitter forever, leaving the losers & trolls to scream into the emptiness.

Neil Druckman doesn't deserve any of that bullshit being flung his way, but I have to say that a part of me is suspicious that he secretly loves the drama.

pLow7

I Hope Neil Druckman will direct every future ND games. Love seeing those idiots getting mad and "I'll nevuh buy a Nautey Dug game again".

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
If you didn't have social media you wouldn't have this style of writing to begin with, because everything that turned gaming into this, happened because of social media.

I blame a lot of things on the creation of social media. I genuinely do despise it & everything it's done to our world. I think it was one of the worst inventions in the entirety of human history.

Lmfaoo wow those where some of the funniest comments I’ve seen online.

He forced his radical ideology into an amazing game and shat on one of the most beloved protagonist in gaming , he deserves every bit of hate imo(barring anything illegal of course)

Stop posting spoilers outside of the spoiler threads. They have no business being in here. The comments that I deleted, some of you got off light. Thank you.

Erm, the tweet in the OP is the biggest spoiler imaginable. What does it matter people discuss that now??

I will still play it for the gameplay, and have no problem with what actually happens with the story, just sucks the guy who lead the game development spoiled it for me beforehand by ensuring this is reposted all over the internet. Seen it on Reddit first.

I have a question: for those who didn’t like the game, would you ever buy another game with Neil Druckmann involved?
I'll pick up TLoU2 MP (unless they somehow fuck it up too), but any story-driven game? No chance. It's 100% clear as day that Amy Hennig was the brains behind Uncharted and Bruce Straley was the brains behind TLoU1, and he managed to drive them both out of the company.

Tiamat2san

Druckman created these characters, he can do whatever he wants with them.
I would not have necessarily done it like he did but it’s his artistic choice.
I don’t mind Abby (not fan of the design though) and I understand her path.
Even before the leaks , I was expecting Joel to die.
It was logical and if it was me Ellie would be dead too.
I respect they had the balls to do something like that rather than a classic sequel.

That’s me, I am not right or wrong, that’s just my opinion.
I’ll play a part 3 if they make one.

Most of the people I know doesn’t care about the drama surrounding the game and are not even knowing there’s one.
They liked it or not.
Found it better or not than the first one.
It’s a video game.
Lev is trans? Most didn’t even noticed.
Abby is strong , they just find that she is not attractive and that’s it.
Most will buy a third game if they make one.
The only criticism that seems to make unanimity is that it’s a little too long.

That’s my and my friends experience and most of the customers in the shop I work at.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Abby ultimately does not kill Dina; she spares her and therefore exhibits mercy. Furthermore, the only reason that she initially intended to kill Dina is that Ellie killed several of her friends, one of whom was pregnant, like Dina.
Only because of Lev and Abby doesn't know who killed her friends so she's willing to kill indiscriminately, even unborn babies. Not a good character trait you can empathize with.

Abby and Ellie avoid questioning each other about their killings which also a bit of a head scratcher.

Last edited:
People are so keen to see agendas everywhere they look now. At the end of the day, it's Naughty Dog's right to do whatever the hell they want with the story and characters. You have the right to enjoy it and compliment it or not like it and criticize it. Of course criticisms can be leveled at it, just as compliments can (no different than virtually anything created by humans ever).

This business of throwing racist insults or death threats at actors/creators or being easily wounded by valid criticism is unnecessary and frankly leads to misery for all. It's just an albatross around the neck of this hobby right now.

Does anyone remember like 10 years ago when a game came out and we mainly criticized it for glitches (Fallout 3) or stupid stories (Mass Effect 3)?

I feel like everyone just needs to take a deep breath and try to remember that this is a hobby. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Top Bottom