• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Druckmann is working on a new project, but it's still too early to talk about it

Nautilus

Banned
Hopefully it stays that way and Sony gives more spotlight to their other creators.

I'm far more interested in what Inspmniac and Guerrila are doing for example.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hopefully it stays that way and Sony gives more spotlight to their other creators.

I'm far more interested in what Inspmniac and Guerrila are doing for example.
Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine?

Yeah, those niche projects, I'm sure they need all the help and spotlight they can get.

Nautilus

Banned
Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine?

Yeah, those niche projects, I'm sure they need all the help and spotlight they can get.
I meant that I am more interesting in those games or a new ratchet and Clank, rather than whatever Druckmann is doing, not that they need any help selling them lol.

Spiderman and Wolverine is probably more popular than Druckmann last work, that's for sure.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Bored The Office GIF

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I personally hate this type of announcements, why even bother if they have nothing to show? Both Xenoblade 3 and The Callisto Protocol waited until they actually have something to show then announce the game while releasing same year.
THIS? I honestly don't think you should be announcing shit unless you know it's coming in the next decade (looking at you cyberpunk....)

Lupin25

THIS? I honestly don't think you should be announcing shit unless you know it's coming in the next decade (looking at you cyberpunk....)

He didn’t announce any game though, he just said he was working on something new.

Everyone in the world can say that lol.

Last edited:

yurinka

This shouldnt be the case though, there has to be processes that can be automated or streamlined to shorten this process. How is insomniac able to put out a new triple a game every 1-2 years?
Insomniac had way more workers than ND, in two separated offices. They always have been working in 3 or 4 games at the same time. So on average they release a game per year or more. ND were way less people and prefered to work only in a big project at the same time.

Jimbo and Hermen decided to highly grow the manpower in all their internal development studios a year or two ago and they continue growing. Their idea was to export the Insomniac workflow to at least their other big studios. So it's soon now because to build a team and make an AAA game takes time, but I think somewhere in the future each big Sony studio will be releasing a game every year or two.

Top Bottom