• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Druckmann is working on a new project, but it's still too early to talk about it

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Probably too early because he wasted a few years on a show and a remake

I guess nobody else other than drunkman can direct a game at NothingDog
Yep. He shipped a game exactly 2 years ago and now cant even talk about it? Let alone reveal it with a trailer or a gameplay demo? Whats he been doing for the last two years?

Oh right, directing and writing a tv show. Yeesh. Sony needs some new blood and let him switch to TV. I think hes the best writer/director in the business after Kojima but his priorities clearly lie elsewhere. ND seems to be aimless under his leadership. If you told people two years ago that ND's next two games were a remake from another studio and an MP game that they cant even show yet, you wouldve been laughed at.

Elginer

Please have some other directors make new stuff. I’m sick of the last is us already it used to be one of my fav games

Yep. He shipped a game exactly 2 years ago and now cant even talk about it? Let alone reveal it with a trailer or a gameplay demo? Whats he been doing for the last two years?

Oh right, directing and writing a tv show. Yeesh. Sony needs some new blood and let him switch to TV. I think hes the best writer/director in the business after Kojima but his priorities clearly lie elsewhere. ND seems to be aimless under his leadership. If you told people two years ago that ND's next two games were a remake from another studio and an MP game that they cant even show yet, you wouldve been laughed at.

Remember when ND shipped a new IP in 2007 and then a hugely ambitious sequel in 2009?

Now all they can do is a remake that doesn’t even look next gen

disappointed fifth element GIF

tmlDan

Note: People in this thread are morons, Last of us 2 didnt even come out 2 years ago...it released June 19th.

Was there another studio that showed their next game/MP project in less than 2 years other than maybe insomniac?

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Going to be another masterpiece. Best director in the industry. One of the few trying to actually push the medium forward.

New IP, followed by TLOU 3 to end the gen.

Then I retire from gaming, as nothing will top that.

Lets go, fuckers.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Whatever it is, I hope its a brand new IP. Nathan Drake and Zombies are too played out already.
it is a new IP. And before everyone talks about Part II, Sony studios always do a post-mortem of the game, what failed, what was good etc. So lessons were learned. Interpret that the way you want.

SlimySnake

Note: People in this thread are morons, Last of us 2 didnt even come out 2 years ago...it released June 19th.

Was there another studio that showed their next game/MP project in less than 2 years other than maybe insomniac?
Are you really going to be pedantic about 10 days?? Are we still morons if we wait till June 19th to make our comments?

Also, they literally shipped the game on May 4th after it went Gold and the game was sent to be printed and uploaded on PSN. So if we go by that date, we have now gone over 2 years, 1 month and 5 days. Is that good enough? Are we allowed to complain now, tmhDan san?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
it is a new IP. And before everyone talks about Part II, Sony studios always do a post-mortem of the game, what failed, what was good etc. So lessons were learned. Interpret that the way you want.

And they decided to re release the first game. ROFL

Sensei

I just hope it's a new IP.
From how he spoke, I think we won't see a thing until the end of 2023/beginning of 2024, save new leaks.

YukiOnna

Cool, but I'm not really interested in Neil's direction anymore. I want to hear from the other Uncharted developers, but it looks like they are busy with TLOU Remake since one of them was named in charge of it and the others are on Factions.

ND's pipeline confuses me a bit.

tmlDan

Are you really going to be pedantic about 10 days?? Are we still morons if we wait till June 19th to make our comments?

Also, they literally shipped the game on May 4th after it went Gold and the game was sent to be printed and uploaded on PSN. So if we go by that date, we have now gone over 2 years, 1 month and 5 days. Is that good enough? Are we allowed to complain now, tmhDan san?

None of what you said proves my point, you're an absolute clown so im not surprised.

Name more studio examples (of triple A quality and a new IP) that release games that fast or announce them within less than 2 years, thanks.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Remember when ND shipped a new IP in 2007 and then a hugely ambitious sequel in 2009?

disappointed fifth element GIF

Seriously, the development cycle for a game is out of control. Example. GTA V came out 9 years ago.

GTA III came out in 2001. In 9 years since it was released we got Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, China Town Wars, GTA IV, The Lost and Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony...

:messenger_face_steam:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Cool, but I'm not really interested in Neil's direction anymore. I want to hear from the other Uncharted developers, but it looks like they are busy with TLOU Remake since one of them was named in charge of it and the others are on Factions.

ND's pipeline confuses me a bit.
TLOU Remake comes out in September, the game is basically done aside from last minute polish.. No one is busy with that anymore. You bet your ass the majority of ND is now fully working on Neils new IP.

Been saying this for like a year now :messenger_expressionless:

WoJ

It will be Uncharted 5 and we will learn Drake's daughter is really trans and she will team with Chloe and Nadine to take down Sam and Sully because they are rallying all the other cis-gendered white dudes to find all the remaining treasure out there and that offends Cassie/Casey, Chloe, and Nadine because they are being held back by the patriarchy.

DLC is Nathan and Elena breaking into the Supreme Court to steal the opinion on Roe V Wade before its released. And Elena has dyed her hair blue, pink, and purple, and Drake now wears skinny jeans.

Last edited:

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
I didn't particularly like TLOU2 (the woke elements and some parts of the story kinda annoyed me), but it is very far from a bad game.

I'm kinda annoyed that Naughty Dog has been spending talent and resources on 1) an unnecessary remake and 2) a multiplayer game.

I'd much rather see a new singleplayer IP from them.

SlimySnake

Looks like they got Shawn Escayg back from Crystal Dynamics after he directed Avengers as a narrative director and put him back to work on this remake. This guy wrote, directed and released Lost Legacy in just over a year. You dont even have to go back to the late 2000s to find a more productive Naughty Dog. This guy did it in a year in 2017. I cant believe they wasted 2 years of his time overseeing a project where they didnt even reshoot the cutscenes. Like why do you need a narrative director for this project? Gameplay director i can understand since they are porting over the TLOU2 gameplay mechanics, but if the dialogue is the same, the cutscenes are the same, and the story is the same then whats he doing here?

I was secretly hoping for an 8 hour lost legacy style Joel Expansion prequel from Shawn after it was announced he was back at ND. Figured they could take an extra year and really go nuts with the PS5 CPU and GPU capabilities. destruction, physics, ray tracing, Matrix quality visuals. To me, he singlehandedly redeeemed both Nadine and Sam in Lost Legacy by making them far more interesting than they were in U4. Imagine what he couldve done with Joel and Tommy. But nope, hes slaving away on a game that he has essentially no real input in. Bizarre.

Last edited:
Top Bottom