• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neilsen: iPad & Wii U most wanted gifts in NA, 3DS 1% point above Vita for ages 13+

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
http://www.taragis.com/2012/11/kids-want-an-ipad-for-christmas/
It looks like Wii U ads were not that bad.

Kids aged 6-12
Holiday-Devices-K6-12.png

13 and up
Holiday-Devices-P13+.png

Poor kids...Nintendo doesn't compare about your Christmas. Wait till next year when they have some more in stock or have your parents pay extortion rates.

urfe

Living in Japan, it's so hard to imagine DS's staying power in America.

Can anyone explain it? Are old games still selling well? What are people playing on it?

theDeeDubs

My nephews are finally starting to talk about it. Although their parents still think it's a tablet addon for the Wii.

Living in Japan, it's so hard to imagine DS's staying power in America.

Can anyone explain it? Are old games still selling well? What are people playing on it?

It's $99 and has an amazing library, much of which is available at bargain-bin prices. Same reason why PS2 and GBA kept selling well into their successors' lifespans.

Pagusas

Elden Member
My nephews are finally starting to talk about it. Although their parents still think it's a tablet addon for the Wii.

I imagine this is the exact reason Nintendo isnt selling stand alone tablets at launch. by only selling it together with the system there is no way any parent can identically buy it thinking it will work on the wii.

Carl

My nephew is 5 and the only gift he wants for Christmas is an iPad. My sister is like :-/

Wow, what? I can't understand why a 5 year old would want/need an iPad.

When i was 5 i was happy running in circles and shouting at the top of my voice.

Top Bottom