• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Geo games coming to Nintendo Switch

yoonshik

1484300560-58789be1a2be4.jpg
1484300563-58789be1a4b25.jpg

1484300560-58789be1ae764.jpg
1484300563-58789be1ac824.jpg

1484300559-58789be1a89a5.jpg
1484300562-58789be19da28.jpg

1484300559-58789be1aa925.jpg
1484300562-58789be1b06a4.jpg

1484300560-58789be1a6a65.jpg
1484300560-58789be1a0ca5.jpg

823 yen.

Famitsu

With the apparent online-multiplayer for VC titles, this is gonna be great!

SamSho, KoF, Fatal Fury, AoF, fucking METAL SLUG! ONLINE! OMG!
EDIT: Oh, and Waku Waku 7? Aw yeah!

The Wii U VC suffered greatly next to the Wii's from lack of third-party buy-in, which the Wii VC had in spades. Hopefully this isn't a one-off and Nintendo is managing to turn this around.

Did I miss something about this? This is the first I've heard about retro online support, notwithstanding fresh remasters for the Switch like Ultra Street Fighter II.

Tizoc

Da fuck
Why arent these releasing on ps4 and x1 yet?
Also mutha effin waku waku 7
You scrubs dont know what youre missing out on by not getting it

Takao

Banned

SamSho, KoF, Fatal Fury, AoF, fucking METAL SLUG! ONLINE! OMG!
EDIT: Oh, and Waku Waku 7? Aw yeah!

Nice. Hopefully this means we're back to a more varied and expansive Virtual Console a la the Wii days.

The Wii U VC suffered greatly next to the Wii's from lack of third-party buy-in, which the Wii VC had in spades. Hopefully this isn't a one-off and Nintendo is managing to turn this around.

Have we had other VC news? So far all I've seen confirmed is this, NES, and SNES.

These aren't Virtual Console releases. They're part of Hamster's Arcade Archives series, previously seen on PS4 and soon to be on XB1.

random25

Now we know what the Switch fighting stick is for!

Good addition. Hopefully this is also available on other regional e-shops.

Phoenixus

Let this be the break in the dam for the rest of the Switch VC news. A good downloadable lineup will help a few of the Switch shortcomings.

galvatron

YES!

Portable World Heroes Perfect, Shock Troopers, etc. without needing to buy one a separate emulation system. Exactly what I was was hoping they'd announce. Hopefully, VC will be pretty expansive fairly quickly.

Also, this makes the HRAP stick that was announced make a lot more sense.

Piccoro

So that's why Hori is releasing the arcade stick!

FYI, all of these games and more were on the Wii Virtual Console. But I wonder who's doing the porting. M2 or Hamster?
And unlike the Wii versions, I hope these have online play...

EDIT: The famitsu page has info about the dev. It's by Hamster.

It's the same Arcade Archives series that are on PS4/X1, so no online play. :(

VariantX

Get some PC engine games on here and we might be able to approach the awesomeness of Wii VC. Happy to hear Neo Geo stuff early on. Certainly tired of playing blazing star on my kindle.

Coda

Some good games on there actually that would be great to have on the go. I hope we keep getting more announcements before launch that make my purchase feel worth it.

Neoxon

Capcom charging five times as much for SF2.
If I recall, Capcom's website says that the price is yet to be determined.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was thinking of the Nintendo site. The price was listed on Capcom's site.

On-topic, great news. I'd love to get in on KoF '98, again.

Tizoc

If this is Hamster's Arcade Archives then it means all of these will come to my PS4, too.

I'm skeptical that this gallery is legit and not just something Famitsu threw together.
Yeah i hope so too
rasputin_woh.png

Effin world heroes perfect baybeeee
Now if only we could get an easy input option tossed in thete =_=

Top Bottom