• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Geo X Gold portable console details and price announced!

Platy

We should already have NGPC games on the 3DS' virtual console. We should have had a NGPC collection on the DS. But, no, that would require SNK do something other than whoring out the same selection of "classic" NeoGeo games over and over.

I would instant buy 4 3DS if they show that Gal Fights and Card Fighters would come to 3DS' virtual console

Two hundred fuckin dollars?

kgface.gif

tzare

I doubt the stick will top neogeo pocket's one. Will wait for a price drop. Meanwhile i can play neogeo station games for psp on my vita instead :)

polg

I'm not sure why but this doesn't sound too expensive considering all the stuff you get...
the real question is about future games... are they going to release updates? or is there a store.

The click stick on the NGPC is the best portable d-pad of all time. It would be a crime it that didn't make it's return here.

Fusebox

Banned
lol $200 is affordable somehow. Yeah, you're sure going to see the kids at the group foster homes rushing to the stores to buy this aged and affordable entertainment system.

That's an interesting benchmark for whether something is affordable or not.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
We should already have NGPC games on the 3DS' virtual console. We should have had a NGPC collection on the DS. But, no, that would require SNK do something other than whoring out the same selection of "classic" NeoGeo games over and over.

I don't think I would be able to handle ngpc titles on the ds. That stick would make me rage. On the 3ds however? Yes. Motm would be mine again.

I love the Neo Geo and own the original; however my favorite games for it are not included. I'll stick to my PSPgo with Component Cable out for the time being. :)

Danneee

But does the $199 include the dock and joystick? If so and if you could connect the stick to pc AND it features great build and emulation quality, that might just justify the price. Any less would of course be expected by blaze from what I've read:/

olimpia84

But does the $199 include the dock and joystick? If so and if you could connect the stick to pc AND it features great build and emulation quality, that might just justify the price. Any less would of course be expected by blaze from what I've read:/

Based on what the PR says, yes.
I wonder how many copies they will produce for this...I want it but at the same time I don't want to cough 200 bucks and then watch this go down to half its price in a few months.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Cool that it includes the dock and stick. But... I just cannot see this being all that popular even among Neo-Geo enthusiasts who more than likely have a zillion of these games already and plenty of other ways to play them.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
$200.00 dollars for a portable Neo Geo is a fucking steal this will be mine!

Looks like a sleek little portable, but only catered for the SNK collectors given the price and library. I guess I'll have to pass on this one.

bbdude

So much hype for a $200 render... I'll wait and see how the final product is. Either way, I sure-as-hell am not buying this at anywhere near $200.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't think that 200 is too much for a handled + 20 games + charge dock + arcade stick...

I hope that next revision of psvita will have tv out and gamepad compability too.

They had me at portable Neo Geo. Add the other stuff and this is interesting. Will maybe look into one once game releases slow down again.

I don't think the price is bad at all if it can really run all NeoGeo games as well as the original. It would cost you more to get a PS2 or Wii with a stick and those games on VC or disks and you couldn't even get all of them and they wouldn't be portable.

Se old games repackaged yet again, Jesus. I wonder what the plan is for future releases, if there is any.

I want it kinda. But know I shouldn't .

Tizoc

Meh, SNK should've focused on releasing more Neo Geo classics to PSN and XBL.
Isn't KoF 98 up on JPN PSN?

It's a beautiful handheld and I love the dock/tv out with controller. That said, I just don't like the Neo Geo library enough to drop that kind of money on this.

Loona

I don't think I would be able to handle ngpc titles on the ds. That stick would make me rage. On the 3ds however? Yes. Motm would be mine again.

As much as 'd love so see SvC:MotM re-released on a console with more visibility, SNKP would probably need to work out some licensing deal with Capcom to distribute something with their IPs in it outside of the hardware it was originally released on.
I'd pay good money for that, as it's still the best crossover between both companies, but many people wouldn't be able to look past the small color count to make it profitable.

As much as I love SNK's stuff and am willing to throw money at them, I still want to know if it'll be possible to add more games to this - most of them I already have from older compilations on the PS2, and I draw the line at buying the same game(s) twice.
I don't think 3-Count Bout was in any of them though - it was nice when that game got a nod in KoF XIII's intro dialogue between Kensou and Raiden, through a mention of Red Dragon.

Once again Neo Geo too expensive for its own good.

I wonder if some of these games will be pulled from VC/PSN now?

Galdelico

Another project out of the blue + Blaze + 200 bucks?
With amazing M2's NeoGeo Station on PSN probably abandoned...

Oh, SNKP.

i wonder if this is the reason neo geo station on PSN got neglected? i'd buy it if the hardware is well made and there is future support, but i'd like to see more games on PSN first. the emulation was fantastic.

Galdelico

i wonder if this is the reason neo geo station on PSN got neglected?
I kind of wanted to believe it was because M2 had to work on SEGA Vintage Collections but... Damn, it's more than a whole year that NGS doesn't see an update (or even news) so I think it's very unlikely.
Also, the NGS Facebook page is basically all about Android/iPhone/Minis stuff since so many months, and it's been completely sidetracked from its original purpose: SNK PRs keep updating it and never care to reply to anyone asking about PSN (and 90% of comments are just about 'when in the world is NGS gonna get new games?'), so I take this obtuse silence as the most blatant proof the service has been dropped.

I was waiting for Real Bout so much, and seeing it coming for this 'new' console is such a disappointment: even more since I can't stop reading that bit saying 'an expandable game card slot' and thinking... Why? Are they selling this thing for 200 bucks just because they want to make some nostalgia-easy-money around day1 with the hardware, knowing already that people will just use it with illegally downloaded roms?

krae_man

I don't see how this is $200 when Dingoo's are $80 and those NES and SNES clones are $60 and come with TV out wireless controllers and the Licensed Genesis portables are $40.

Also, no Neo Turf Masters? :(

RedSquare

I'm so excited about this, my boss should send me home. I don't know why there's so much hate, but this is a hella deal to me. With no games included, I'd pay $200.

Top Bottom