• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Neo' & 'Neophyte' Members - New Thread Requests, Full Members Will Post on Your Behalf

Ibara

Do we have a dedicated thread for Shmups on the Nintendo Switch alongside a running list? Would that be of interest to anyone else?

Esprade is also coming in December and I'm pumped to play that one again.

GameName
Orientation
Tate
EUR price
Retail
Developer
Released
1917 the alien invasion DXVertizontalNo?7,99NoKorionYes
Aca Neo Geo: Aero Fighters 2VertizontalNo6,99NoVídeo SystemYes
Aca Neo Geo: Aero Fighters 3VertizontalNo6,99NoVideo SystemYes
Aca Neo Geo: Alpha Mision IIVertizontalNo6,99NoSNKYes
Aca Neo Geo: Blazing StarHoriNo6,99NoSNKYes
Aca Neo Geo: Ghost PilotsVertizontalNo6,99NoSNKYes
Aca Neo Geo: Last ResortHoriNo6,99NoSNKYes
Aca Neo Geo: PulstarHoriNo6,99NoAicomYes
Aca Neo Geo: Prehistorik Isle 2HoriNo6,99NoYumekoboYes
Aca Neo Geo: Strikers 1945 PlusVertizontalNo6,99NoPsikyoYes
Aca Neo Geo: Twuinkle Star SpritesVertNo6,99NoSNK/ADKYes
Aca Neo Geo: Zed BladeHoriNo6,99NoNMKYes
Aces Of the LuftwaffeVertizontalNo14,99AmazonHandygamesYes
Alien CruiseHoriNo9,99NoOrendoYes
Aqua Kitty UDXHoriNo7,49NoTikipodYes
Arcade Archives: ArgusVertYes?6,99NoNMK/JalecoYes
Arcade Archives: Armed FVertYes?6,99NoNichibutsuYes
Arcade Archives: A.S.O/Alpha Mission 1VertNo6,99NoSNKYes
Arcade Archives: Image FightVertYes6,99NoIremTBA
Arcade Archives: Moon PatrolHoriNo6,99NoIremYes
Arcade Archives: Omega fighterVert?6,99NoUPLYes
Arcade Archives: Star ForceVertYes6,99NoKoei-TecmoYes
Arcade Archives: Terra CrestaVert?6,99NoNichibutsuYes
Arcade Archives: Terra ForceHoriNo6,99NoNichibutsuYes
Arcade Archives: Time PilotVert?6,99NoKonamiYes
Arcade Archives: Vs GradiusHoriNo6,99NoKonamiYes
Arcade Archives: X-MultiplyHoriNo6,99NoIremYes
Arcade Love:plus PengoHori/VertYesTBAYesTriangle ServiceYes
AngerForce ReloadedVert?TBATBAScreambox Studio2019
Azure ReflectionsHoriNo24,99NoUntiesYes
AstebreedHoriNo11,59NoEdelweissTBA
BlackbirdHoriNo19,99NoOnion GamesYes
Blue RiderVerizontalNo9,99NoEastasia SoftYes
Beekyr reloadedHori/VertizontalNo9,99NoKaleido GamesYes
Cotton rebootHoriNoTBAYes?Success/Beepfall 2019
CupheadHoriNoTBAYesStudioMDHR18/04/19
Danmaku Unlimited 3VertYes9,99Limited Run GamesDoragon entertainmentYes
Darius Cozmic CollectionHoriNo5200~16.800¥YesTaitoYes
Devil EngineHoriNoTBATBADangen EntertainmentYes
DezatopiaHoriNo??Hanaji Gamesfall 2019
Dimension DriveVertizontalNo12,99Play-Asia2Awesome StudioYes
DownwellVertYes2,99NoDevolverYes
Dragon BlazeVertYes6,99Psikyo Collection Vol.2PsikyoYes
Earth AtlantisHoriNo14,99NoHeadup GamesYes
ESP.Ra.DeVertYesTBAYes?Cave-M2Fall 2019
FullblastVertNo5,99NoUfo Crash gamesYes
Game Tengoku/Game ParadiseVertTBATBADispatch GamesJaleco2019
Ghostblade HDVertYesTBATBAEastasiasoftTBA
Graceful explosion machineHoriNo12,99NoVertex PopYes
Grand Brix ShooterHoriNo9,99NoIntragrames Cl.Ltd.Yes
Graze CounterVert?TBATBABikkuri SoftwareTBA
GunbarichVertYes6,99Psikyo Collection Vol.3PsikyoYes
GunbirdVertYes6,99Psikyo Collection Vol.1PsikyoYes
Gunbird 2VertYes6,99Psikyo Collection Vol.2PsikyoYes
Hyper SentinelHoriNo9,99NoHuey GamesYes
Horizon Shift 81Vert?7,99NoFunbox MediaYes
Ice Cream SurferHoriNo4,99?NoDolores EntertainmentTBA
IkarugaVertYes14,99NicalisTreasureYes
Iro HeroVertNo?12,95NoArtax GamesYes
M.A.C.E Space ShooterVertizontalNo4,99NoEntwicklerXYes
Mars:Chaos menaceVertizontalNo?9,99NoBLG-PublishingYes
Mecha Ritz:Steel RondoVert??NoHanaji GamesTBA
Monkey King Master of cloudsHoriNo4,99NoRetroism/TommoYes
Namco Museum: Galaga/SkykidVert/HoriYes/No29,99NoNamcoYes
Neko Navy:Daydream EditionHoriNo10,99NoFruitbat FactoryYes
Overdriven ReloadedVertizontalNo7,99NoMaïlys BrusteYes
Panzer Dragoon remakeShooter on railsNoTBATBAMegapixel StudioTBA
PawarumiVertizontalTBATBATBATBA2019
Project RXNVertizontalNo-Play-AsiaGultiYes
Psyvariar DeltaVertYesTBAYes JP versionSuccessYes
Q-Yo BlasterVert?9,99NoForever Entertainments SANo
Quad Fighter KVert?6,99NoAksysYes
R-Type DimensionsHoriNo14,99Strictly límites gamesIremYes
R-Type Final 2HoriNo-KickstarterGranzella2020
Radirgy SwagVertTBATBADispatch GamesJaleco2019
Raiden VVertizontalNo?TBAPlay-AsiaMoss19-06-2019
Rive: Ultimate editionHoriNo14,99NoTwo TribesYes
Rival MegagunVertizontalNo12,99NoSpacewave SoftwareNo
Rolling GunnerHoriNoTBATBATBA20-06-2019
Samurai AcesVertYes6,99Psikyo Collection Vol.1PsikyoYes
Sega Ages: Gain GroundVertTBA?TBASegaSummer 2018
Sega Ages: Thunder Force IVHoriNo?TBASegaYes
Sengoku CannonHoriNo6,99Psikyo Collection Vol.3PsikyoYes
Shikondo soul eaterVertNo24,99Play-AsiaDeer FarmYes
Sine Mora EXHoriNo29,99YesDigital Reality/GrasshoperYes
Sky Force AnniversaryVertizontalNo9,99NoInfinite DreamsYes
Sky Force ReloadedVertizontalNo9,99NoInfinity DreamsYes
Sol DivideHoriNo6,99Psikyo Collection Vol.1PsikyoYes
Space InvadersVert??SI:Invencible collectionTaito2020
Space Invaders Part IIVert??SI:Invencible collectionTaito2020
Space Invaders DXVert??SI:Invencible collectionTaito2020
Space Invaders ExtremeVert??SI:Invencible collectionTaito2020
Space CycloneVert??SI:Invencible collectionTaito2020
Squadron 51HoriNoTBATBALoomiarts2019
Stardust Galaxy WarriorsHoriNo9,99NoAksys GamesYes
Star GhostHoriNo8,99NoRainy FrogYes
SteredennHoriNo12,99Super Rare GamesPixelNest StudiosYes
Strikers 1945VertYes6,99Psikyo Collection Vol.1PsikyoYes
Strikers 1945 IIVertYes6,99Psikyo Collection Vol.2PsikyoYes
Strikers 1945 III/1999VertYes6,99Psikyo Collection Vol.3PsikyoYes
Super HydorahHoriNo19,99NoAbylight-LocomalitoYes
Super Rock BlastersHoriNoTBA?QuadratronTBA
Super Space Invaders 91Vert??SI:Invencible collectionTaito2020
Switch´N´ShootVertYes4,59NoMatt GlanvilleYes
Systers RoyaleVertYes1500¥NoAlfa SystemYes JAPAN
Tachyon projectHoriNo9,99NoEclipse GamesYes
TengaiHoriNo6,99Psikyo Collection Vol.2PsikyoYes
Vasara HD I-IIVertTBATBAStrictly Limites GamesViscoYes
Velocity 2XVertNo6,97Strictly Limited GamesFuturLabYes
XenoraidVertizontalNo9,99No10tonsYes
Zero Gunner 2HoriNo6,99Psikyo Collection Vol.3PsikyoYes

Marscaleb

Neo Member
I'd like to see a thread where people can list games where you can play as a drow.
I've been looking at a bunch of RPG's lately, and not very many of them let you make a drow (or dark elf) character.
I think it's a really cool race, but they are almost always cast as villains. It is rare for a game to let the player actually play as one, and I'd like to recognize those games that try to break that mold.
Also, I'm not counting games where the only drow you can play is Drizzt. That's not really challenging the idea of drow being only villains given that his character is always portrayed as a lone exception to the rule. Plus game that let you play as him usually have their hands tied and you have to play Drizzt like Drizzt. I'm more interested in seeing games that either create a new character or that let the player create a new character.

I was hoping other people on this forum might know of some games that do this. I wouldn't even limit it to RPG's, for that matter.

aliciabenham

Neo Member
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me. I'm a third year Uni student doing my Dissertation on Virtual Worlds and Virtual Existence. As part of my research I wanted to ask the members of this forum:
1. Is there more freedom to express yourself better through your virtual self (perhaps an avatar) than your physical self/in your day-to-day life?
and
2. If so, do you feel at your most comfortable as your avatar/virtual self?

I would really appreciate if someone could post this on one of the forums so I could get some insights!

Thank you

Justinian527

Neo Member
Could someone create this thread for me?
Title: Games for someone with Frontotemporal Dementia?

OP:
I have a relative with Frontotemporal Dementia with Primary Progressive Aphasia. I have been asked to find some games he would find entertaining to watch people play, since he's lost a lot of capability and would have difficulty playing himself.

Symptoms include great difficulty in learning new things, such as game mechanics, and difficulty recalling words.

Games should not have complicated mechanics (e.g. Final Fantasy is no good), and relatively uncluttered graphics, that is, the screen isn't filled with flashing lights or whirling objects or tons of detail that might demand attention.

A game that was picked out as a good example was Mario Kart. The people saying this were only familiar with the Wii and N64 versions, if that makes any difference.

Sense of humor is one of the things that is not impaired, so I'm leaning towards comedic games.

So far, I'm thinking that Mario Party or an Atari emulator would be good choices but I'm not any kind of expert about what's out there. The consoles available are Wii, ps2, N64, or anything that can be (legally) installed/emulated on a laptop several years old. There's a working SNES and NES somewhere, but I prefer to keep the number of consoles low if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mista

Banned

OP:
I have a relative with Frontotemporal Dementia with Primary Progressive Aphasia. I have been asked to find some games he would find entertaining to watch people play, since he's lost a lot of capability and would have difficulty playing himself.

Symptoms include great difficulty in learning new things, such as game mechanics, and difficulty recalling words.

Games should not have complicated mechanics (e.g. Final Fantasy is no good), and relatively uncluttered graphics, that is, the screen isn't filled with flashing lights or whirling objects or tons of detail that might demand attention.

A game that was picked out as a good example was Mario Kart. The people saying this were only familiar with the Wii and N64 versions, if that makes any difference.

Sense of humor is one of the things that is not impaired, so I'm leaning towards comedic games.

So far, I'm thinking that Mario Party or an Atari emulator would be good choices but I'm not any kind of expert about what's out there. The consoles available are Wii, ps2, N64, or anything that can be (legally) installed/emulated on a laptop several years old. There's a working SNES and NES somewhere, but I prefer to keep the number of consoles low if possible.

On it

Mista

Banned

OP:

Done

BattleBabs

Neo Member
ADVICE ON GIFT BUYING FOR A GAMER :3

Hi guys, thanks for making this noob thread for us to use! I wanted to ask some gamers for an opinion, I'm present shopping for my SO and I can't decide what to get him. He recently bought a Play Station 4 and I was thinking about getting him a game for that console for Christmas, but there are so many titles I'm not sure which to order, and I want to make sure to get something he's going to enjoy.
He already has Persona 5 and Bloodborne, and he really likes Dark Souls and the Elder Scrolls series, as well as Terarria and Monster Hunter: World. I was hoping someone with similar taste could make a few recommendations for me? He really likes something with a challenge.

Thank you guys!!!
<3 Babs <3

Mista

Banned
ADVICE ON GIFT BUYING FOR A GAMER :3

Hi guys, thanks for making this noob thread for us to use! I wanted to ask some gamers for an opinion, I'm present shopping for my SO and I can't decide what to get him. He recently bought a Play Station 4 and I was thinking about getting him a game for that console for Christmas, but there are so many titles I'm not sure which to order, and I want to make sure to get something he's going to enjoy.
He already has Persona 5 and Bloodborne, and he really likes Dark Souls and the Elder Scrolls series, as well as Terarria and Monster Hunter: World. I was hoping someone with similar taste could make a few recommendations for me? He really likes something with a challenge.

Thank you guys!!!
<3 Babs <3
Done

aliciabenham

Neo Member
Hiya, really hoping someone could help me with this/post it somewhere where others can answer my questions for my dissertation research :)

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me. I'm a third year Uni student doing my Dissertation on Virtual Worlds and Virtual Existence. As part of my research I wanted to ask the members of this forum:
1. Is there more freedom to express yourself better through your virtual self (perhaps an avatar) than your physical self/in your day-to-day life?
and
2. If so, do you feel at your most comfortable as your avatar/virtual self?

I would really appreciate if someone could post this on one of the forums so I could get some insights!

Thank you

Hadwan1

Neo Member
Hello Fellow Gamers,

I would like to open a thread that tackles the subject of Innovation and creativity in the gaming industry especially the one coming from the independent community and the problems they are facing.

This is part of an academic project I am working on.

Would someone be ready to do so ? I think this would ensue a very interesting conversation and if so I will give more details before opening the thread.

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Hello Fellow Gamers,

I would like to open a thread that tackles the subject of Innovation and creativity in the gaming industry especially the one coming from the independent community and the problems they are facing.

Would someone be ready to do so ? I think this would ensue a very interesting conversation and if so I will give more details before opening the thread.

Thanks in advance !
Ready it up and I'll gladly post it for you :)

OutofTouchGuy81

Neo Member
Hey there, imagine my disappointment when I joined and found out I can't make a thread! If someone could be so kind or had the info I'd appreciate it. I was a big gamer back in the day but then I got a family and a whole load of little monsters and it has been a good 15 years before I paid attention to gaming. I see we still have the big players (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). There's also some VR stuff that looks pretty cool. My question is this:

My kids are into gaming but I want the best system or games out there that we can do as a family that will get them off their butts and moving. I remember something like Wii sports awhile back. I used to prefer PlayStation because it had more mature titles, but this day and age with a bunch of 3-6 year olds, I'm looking for something fun and active that will get them up and moving. I'd prefer if there was an option for the PC but I feel I'm going to have to buy a console system to get these requirements. Does Nintendo still lead the charge in this type of gaming?

Any information would be appreciated!

Mista

Banned
Hey there, imagine my disappointment when I joined and found out I can't make a thread! If someone could be so kind or had the info I'd appreciate it. I was a big gamer back in the day but then I got a family and a whole load of little monsters and it has been a good 15 years before I paid attention to gaming. I see we still have the big players (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). There's also some VR stuff that looks pretty cool. My question is this:

My kids are into gaming but I want the best system or games out there that we can do as a family that will get them off their butts and moving. I remember something like Wii sports awhile back. I used to prefer PlayStation because it had more mature titles, but this day and age with a bunch of 3-6 year olds, I'm looking for something fun and active that will get them up and moving. I'd prefer if there was an option for the PC but I feel I'm going to have to buy a console system to get these requirements. Does Nintendo still lead the charge in this type of gaming?

Yes sir it does. Get a Nintendo Switch and I’ll hit you up with a bunch of party games :)

I made the thread for you brah, Hopefully the folks in that thread will help you out.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/i-need-party-games-for-my-kids-family.1522518/

rayman90

Neo Member
Hi Everyone,

So this is my first post and I was hoping it gets approved by someone. I am a pc gamer who once played professional cs around 7-8 years ago. Now, I have wife and kids and weekends are the only time when I can enjoy FPS games now. Currently, I am playing COD:MW. I am also working for a gaming organization but I dont think I am allowed to tell that here.

Mista

Banned
Hi Everyone,

So this is my first post and I was hoping it gets approved by someone. I am a pc gamer who once played professional cs around 7-8 years ago. Now, I have wife and kids and weekends are the only time when I can enjoy FPS games now. Currently, I am playing COD:MW. I am also working for a gaming organization but I dont think I am allowed to tell that here.
Welcome aboard. Join everyone here :)

Would there be any interest in individual threads about tabletop games or tabletop RPGs? I would like to make threads about vampire the Masquerade 5th edition, Classic World of Darkness, and Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition.

zeorhymer

Would there be any interest in individual threads about tabletop games or tabletop RPGs? I would like to make threads about vampire the Masquerade 5th edition, Classic World of Darkness, and Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition.
What would be the topic of discussion on these threads?

Well for myself I'd like to get feedback on adventure ideas for games I'm running. I'm doing outlining right now for an Eberron Urban adventure where the players are the owners of a newspaper. Also it might be fun to share stories from the table. I was about to do that on ResetEra before I got abruptly banned for nothing.

C4lukin2

Banned
Hello Fellow Gamers,

Thanks in advance !

I have no problem with that....

Anastasia42

Neo Member
Hi everyone! My name's Anastasia and I have just registered to tell my story of a development and release of my first game but seems like I can't create threads so I need someone's help.
Now when my game is finally published on AppStore I think it's a good time to open my soul, so to speak :) So could someone help me to create my article (it's about 20000 chars + pictures) ? I could give a link to google docs or what's the way people usually do this? Thanks in advance.

Galahad

Neo Member
Hey!

I'm a game developer, working on a new console/PC/Mac game called Football Legends. People say that the game has some good Mario Strikers vibes:messenger_winking:.

Recently we've launched Closed Beta Testing. And now we are looking for people, who are interested in playing new game and sharing their feedback with us. Long story short, here's some early footage:

Last edited:

Deadboy

Neo Member
Hey guys,
I need advice on buying WWE 2k20 for PS4. Is it worth buying in the current state?
I was considering buying 2K20 digital deluxe on PS4 since it's on sale right now. Was thinking if it's worth buying what with the bugs and glitches. Was a bit worried about the Y2020K bug. Will these bugs stop me from having fun or are they just minor and ignorable? I would mostly play local multiplayer but might play other modes too.

Sandyman

Neo Member
So a non-gaming thread!

Title: Drink of choice

Hello Neogaf, I have come to ask you what your drink of choice is? Be it beer, liquor, or a cocktail. Post your favorite drink or cocktail recipe here!

My favorite drink: I like whiskeys, especially bourbons. My bourbons of choice are Rebecca Creek, 1776, and Old Forester 1922.

My favorite cocktail is one I learned in Italy’s bar; Lovecraft

Yog Sour’toth

Wild Turkey 81 proof bourbon
Bergamot Liquor
Honey mix
Fresh lemon juice
4 drops of Creme de cassis.

Shake it up and put it in cocktail glass. Add the 4 drops of creme de cassis and serve.

Melon

Banned
So a non-gaming thread!

Title: Drink of choice

Hello Neogaf, I have come to ask you what your drink of choice is? Be it beer, liquor, or a cocktail. Post your favorite drink or cocktail recipe here!

My favorite drink: I like whiskeys, especially bourbons. My bourbons of choice are Rebecca Creek, 1776, and Old Forester 1922.

My favorite cocktail is one I learned in Italy’s bar; Lovecraft

Yog Sour’toth

Wild Turkey 81 proof bourbon
Bergamot Liquor
Honey mix
Fresh lemon juice
4 drops of Creme de cassis.

Shake it up and put it in cocktail glass. Add the 4 drops of creme de cassis and serve.

I'll get it right up for ya!

Sandyman

Neo Member
Need Suggestions

I am bored and in need of a game that brings something new. Preferably action, rpg, etc.

I have a Windows 10 laptop with an Intel Core i7-7500U CPU. It runs at 2.70-2.90 GHz.

Currently, I have Warframe, PoE, Mount and Blade, Audiosurf, GTA V, and Darkest Dungeon.

ButtercupSaiyan

Neo Member
Hi, I want to make a thread for Animal Crossing: New Horizons and it's focused on user-made creations and it's a safe space to express yourself creatively. Any interest?
sBhp91w.png

oSI8D2E.jpg

Melon

Banned

-Arcadia-

Banned
it's a safe space

56CFFaA.jpg

Gotta toughen up if that’s what you’re used to. Sometimes you will get challenged on things, right or wrong, and it’s up to you to defend yourself, or simply ignore it.

Most people here are very cool though, and welcome passionate contributors with ideas like that one. I’m not sure if that kind of thread is needed at the moment, with the OT covering anything and everything, but others may feel differently. You should stop by the OT, though, which is a ton of fun.

BattleBabs

Neo Member
Help Choosing BattleTag:

My nephew is turning ten this month and I wanna buy him his own overwatch account so we can play the game together (currently he just uses my account when he's over at my place, which is fine but I think he'd really enjoy having his own). I have to pick a battletag for him though, and I want it to be a surprise so I can't just ask him. I have a few that I'm thinking about, if anyone has any input, be it a vote on a current option or a good new idea, it would be very welcome! (The kiddo loves sharks and wants to be a marine biologist when he grows up)

Possible Tags:
SharkBoi
Tigershark
Sharkbait
Triggerfish
Megaladon

Thank you guys in advance!
♥BattleBabs

Firelord

Neo Member
Hi. I would like, a post to be made on my behalf, about which service is better for quite old or REALLY old PC games. Steam, Gog, some other online video gaming store ? I remember that, back in the day, Gog was the best between Steam and Gog, but, is this still the case ? I would suggest a title such as " Which service is better for quite old or REALLY old PC games, Steam, Gog, some other online video gaming store ? ".

Thanks in advance.

shubhang

Neo Member
Hi .I would like a Thread made on my Behalf in the 'Gaming Discussion' forum.I don't have sufficient privilege to do that yet.

Title - How many of you are holding out on playing the The last of us 2 until the PS5 version launches ?

Poll - 1. Nah i'll just play it on my PS4/PS4 pro
2. I'll wait for the PS5 Version
3. I'll play it on both PS4/pro and PS5 cuz why not :messenger_sunglasses:

Thread content - I own a PS4 and i don't know about anyone else but i'm gonna wait to play TLOU2 until they inevitably release an improved version on PS5 with Higher framerates,Faster loading times,improved visuals(Maybe even some raytracing ?) and effective use of the new dualsense controller.I know some people can't/won't wait till then for fear of spoilers and for any other reasons.I sometimes regret playing the first one on ps3 because as great it was,its remaster on ps4 was its definitive edition with just about everything improved.granted i played it again on the ps4 but you only get to make a first impression once so this time around i think holding out for the PS5 version is the right move.Ofcourse avoiding spoilers until that time is going to be incredibly hard(I managed to avoid the leaked spoilers),but i think i can somehow manage that.What do you guys think ?

Thanks in advance to whomever posts this on my behalf in the 'Gaming Discussion' forum

Mirumi

Neo Member
Thread Title - Sell me on the idea of getting myself my first Xbox

Thread Content - The basic gist is that I am contemplating purchasing an Xbox Next gen console on the premise specifically for it's Backwards Compatibility. This is the only marketing that I care for in the Xbox. As such, I am looking for gems that I may have missed out on since I primarily focus on Playstation and Nintendo systems.

Xbox has traditionally never warranted me to purchase one in the past except on one occasion, but due to me having more limited funding in the past it prevented me from getting the 360. Fortunately for me, the games I was seeking, Star ocean, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, would eventually come to the PS family. Xbox itself generally promoted Halo, Gears of War and Forza, games I have little interest in; so it made more sense at the time to invest into PS3 and further. But, because of that I may have missed some great exclusive games. Recently the 2 Ori games have become an interest for me, but no physical copies exist on the switch in NA, which leads me to conclude I might invest in an XBox to get rare gems like that.

So, Neogaf, sell me on the EXCLUSIVE TO XBOX games that I may have missed out on.

The criteria I am looking for:

Physical copies. I do not do digital as much as possible. I will always miss out on games because of it, but I am stern in this. If I want the digital copy, I can just buy it for my PC.
NA Region. Not trying to buy copies only in EU or other parts of the world.
True Xbox exlusives for consoles. Timed exclusives eventually release on other consoles, and I don't care about the whole Resolution/TF argument we have. I will play 3rd party still on PS where my friends are, where my trophies are, and where I choose to invest in.

This is not a console war, so I don't care about hearing your comparison to PS, PC or Nintendo. I only want to see what great exclusives like Fable and I believe I recently saw a Blinx post that I might have missed out on choosing Team Blue.

ILoveGTR

i just wonder when can i post by myself?? What should i do to get that privilege? Posting more comments?? Follow more ppl??

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
i just wonder when can i post by myself?? What should i do to get that privilege? Posting more comments?? Follow more ppl??
I believe you need to have zero warnings of reports and a total of 100 posts. Shortly after, a mod can put you to member status.

Tschumi

I'm just wondering - is there an NFL community thread? I did a quick look in communities, maybe my communities list is shortened because I'm a neo-member, but there seems to be no NFL thread~ Could one be made? Wanna get my fantasy on.

Amiga

Hi,
need a favor posting this..

Thread Title - Yakuza Franchise Has the Best Content in Sandbox Games (Outside The Main Story)

Thread Content - We have come a long way from the days of GTA3. There are many open world games these days, but their novelty wore out years ago. It's no longer enough to just do copy/paste missions 1000 times, and then copy/paste these missions 1000 times again for the sequel with slight modification. A reason Witcher 3 is arguably the best open world game this generation is because the narrative for the side missions was done with the same care as the main missions. some of these side missions even have a higher resonance than the main plot. HorizonZD was inspired by W3 and that's why it also turned out great. Zelda is also a great model. but non of these games have full sequels yet.

Yakuza technically is average and dated. But content wise IMOO it is the best sandbox franchise at keeping things fresh. and it has been going strong since the PS2(yah that long) Yakuza hardly ever repeat side mission design. even the reoccurring club manager theme changes mechanics and those missions have narratives with variety in tone and length. they help balance out the dramatic main story with satire. The game knows it's a game in the end and dose it's best to help you have fun.

here are a few samples.

Amiga

Top Bottom