• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEO: The World Ends with You - Demo is Live (PS5 Gameplay)

rubhen925

Hey guys, the demo went live at 1 pm EST. I was a bit busy to make this post earlier, but here goes. You have about 90 mins or so to play the demo. Progress made in the demo gets carried over to full game when it launches next month at July 27th. You can play the intro and first two days in the game's timeline. Combat is based on collecting different pins which deals different attacks. Such as fire, or ice, or sword attacks. There's plenty in there. You can keep collecting and experimenting. There are two bosses in the demo. Just take in fire for the second one, you'll need it lol. Enjoy the demo and leave feedback on what you think. I am hyper sensitive to noise so the background music felt too loud compared to the character voices. Had to lower the music. Other than that I enjoyed the demo a lot!

You will have to search for the demo in the search section as it wasn't listed in the game page on the PS5. Just a reminder. Cheers

Last edited:

Zephir

Streamed it on my twitch channel not to long ago (with me as the only spectator, yay) and it was a blast: very fluid, great music and doing combos was great, can't wait to have more options in the final game.

Now before bed I'll try the switch version to see if it plays good as well

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Exactly. After beating it i sent a message to all my friends on PSN. No one knew about the game. Square needed to do a better job promoting the game. Was pretty fun and a lot of people will miss out on this.

Seriously, barely heard any buzz on this and everyone loves the original.

kiphalfton

I wish they brought the first game to PS4 or PC. Unfortunately it's stuck on switch, and the price is absolutely stupid ($49.99) and I doubt it ever goes on sale.

Zones

I wish they brought the first game to PS4 or PC. Unfortunately it's stuck on switch, and the price is absolutely stupid ($49.99) and I doubt it ever goes on sale.
It’s available on both Android and iOS devices for less than $20.

The game doesn’t necessarily suffer from touch controls.

Astral Dog

What a cool surprise! I been playing the new demos for hours, Monster Hunter Stories 2 is a very charming game and i enjoyed the demo way more than the main series (wich im not a fan of) . Although it seems too easy it might the tutorial still..now interested in getting it after a price cut.

The World Ends With You NEO. ..yep its just basically TWEWY on HD, wich is so freakking cool!!! These games have a lot of personality! AMAZING i felt like i was playing the DS game all over again after all these years 🥺

If i hadn't pre ordered last week i would have inmediatly after playing this demo 👍

Astral Dog

Exactly. After beating it i sent a message to all my friends on PSN. No one knew about the game. Square needed to do a better job promoting the game. Was pretty fun and a lot of people will miss out on this.
I just download a few min ago.

Hope the demo is good. This game has near zero customer awareness right now.
I was getting worried Square Enix wasn't putting any real effort into the marketing for this game, specially with how good it is but the demo was a nice surprise and should help a lot.

Honestly how do you even promote the appeal of something as niche as The World Ends With You? 🤔 The graphics aren't mind blowing,the aesthetic is not for everyone,the first part is now very old, even the music is weird (in a good way).

The anime, a demo and some social media tricks should be enough leading up to release, hopefully word of mouth takes it from there with great review scores.the demo should drive interest from many players. i think at least will sell decently on Switch

Last edited:

dottme

I definitively try the demo once I have some time. I hope it’s good.
I’ll probably try on Switch.

KielCasto

I’ve like what I’ve played so far (Switch version). Presentation wise, I think it’s on par with the first game , which I loved.

Top Bottom