• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo_G (Hidetoshi Ishizawa) leaves Capcom and joins SNK

BadWolf

Seasoned Capcom FG dev now at SNKPlaymore

The name Hidetoshi Ishizawa might not readily ring a bell to old-school fighting game players, but his nickname Neo_G should bring memories back from the old staff rolls in the Darkstalker and Street Fighter Alpha franchises amongst other classic brawlers. He's been with Capcom since joining them in 1995 and even stuck with them through the darkest ages of fighting games to make Capcom Fighting Evolution, and in more recent years worked on Tatsunoko vs Capcom and also the Marvel Vs Capcom 3 series.

And now, he's a part of SNKPlaymore.

The seasoned fighting game developer announced today via Social Networks that he has shifted companies from Capcom to the developer of the King Of Fighters series.

From a quick glance on Facebook, Ishizawa left Capcom on January, and it seems that he is most likely working on KOF14 at the current time.

He has quite the resume:

Production
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Battle Director)
Capcom Fighting Evolution (Producer)

Design
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (Battle System Designer)
Devil May Cry 4 (2008) (Planning)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Ultimate All-Stars (Planning Directors)
Capcom Fighting Evolution (Planner)
Jojo no Kimyō na Bōken: Ōgon no ... (Planning)
Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium (Planner )
Capcom vs. SNK (Planner)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Planner)
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (Director)
Street Fighter III: Double Impact (Planner)
Darkstalkers 3 (Planner)
Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact - Giant Attack (Planning)
Street Fighter III: New Generation (Planner)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Planner)

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Yeah okay, now it really does look like Capcoms about to die.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Holy shit, what's going on at Capcom?

They're moving into service games, and given Street Fighter V's performance, aren't likely to be launching very many fighting games going forward.

If you're a fighting game developer who wants to keep making fighting games beyond updating Street Fighter V, it's probably time to move jobs.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Director of 3S? Goddamn, nice get by SNK. Can't believe how much I'm looking forward to KOF XIV, looks better with each trailer.

Crocodile

Wow this is a pretty big deal IMO

If Capcom won't let him flex his designer muscles is good another developer can though

Hyun Sai

They're moving into service games, and given Street Fighter V's performance, aren't likely to be launching very many fighting games going forward.

If you're a fighting game developer who wants to keep making fighting games beyond updating Street Fighter V, it's probably time to move jobs.

This is the most logical explanation.

SNK needs now a big name attached to GGPO, otherwise all this will be in vain.

entremet

I wonder what the dudes who said SFV bombing didn't matter going forward and that it will be fine are thinking now?

If this means there's more fighters to come after KOF14, then I'm on board.

A new IP would be dope, but I'll fall into the Garou 2 crowd for now. BUTT X ROCK

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Requiescat in pace, Marvel. :( We never got a PC version of ye. :(

mrmickfran

Almost sounds like the reason that Inafune and the other guys left, Capcom only wants people on the big franchises.

Re-releasing old ass games and a disappointing SFV release.
It's a Japanese developer not named Nintendo. It's either pachinko or waifu simulator these days.

Such a shame :(

It's a Japanese developer not named Nintendo. It's either pachinko or waifu simulator these days.

Koei Tecmo, Square-Enix, From Software and Namco-Bandai still make plenty of goodness for me, personally. I don't think they're doing badly financially either, as far as I can tell.

Hustler

That's a bit premature thinking, SFV will have legs with constant support this console generation. If anything, Capcom will learn from their mistakes for future fighting games and similar models.

Top Bottom