• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF’s Official Game Soundtracks of the Year 2015: Results and Archive

Melchiah

Well, part of the reason why I had to slum and buy stuff off of Japanese iTunes this year instead of actually importing the discs like I usually do is because the Canadian dollar is trash. Soundtracks can be pretty expensive if you import (like, if you import a lot, the cost adds up -- but in a case like that, you're better off ordering from Amazon Japan to justify the shipping cost). I think I ended up buying more physical soundtracks for other people this year than for myself!!

But yeah, I sympathize. The first soundtrack I bought with my own saved up money, Chrono Cross, was like... oh man, it was $50 to import at the time? FF8--my second--was a bit more expensive. It's great if you have physical copies, though. Sometimes they come with extra stuff, but I value the liner notes. .

The first soundtrack I bought was Silent Hill from Ebay for 50$ in 2001. I ended up buying the following three as well. These days I prefer the convenience of digital music, except in the rare occasion there's a decent booklet and packaging.

It's odd, that the developers/publishers don't sell the soundtracks in the console stores. Even more stupefying, that some, like TLOU: Left Behind, were only available for NA residents on Amazon. It's often the only way to get the soundtrack to pre-order and buy a special edition. Considering there's usually a code to download the OST, it's beyond me why digital versions of games don't have them. Sometimes the business practises just don't seem to make any sense.

EDIT: It pains me as well, that there's no soundtrack available for Bloodborne DLC, or expansions in general.

Thoraxes

Yeah sorry. I stopped handling the archive halfway through and passed it on to someone else to work on the op. I know that info and I'll fix it when I get home from work. Even between Noi and I, we can miss what the other does (especially when both of us are begging each other to go to sleep).

I fixed the Stella Glow composer list, Thoraxes.

It's all good :D

I just figured nobody would know if it wasn't pointed out, and you have a reaaaaaallly big list of stuff to cover!

Any idea if Square are intending to release another volume of the Heavensward soundtrack? I freakin' love the Alexander theme but it's not on either of the official releases :(

zashga

Cool, thanks for organizing the vote and archive again this year. Cool to see most of my picks/honorable mentions make the list. Only Crypt of the Necrodancer got left out in the cold. Give it a listen if you haven't; it's really great!

Top Bottom