• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf 2013 Backlog Blitz - Where we continue giving the middle finger to Steam sales

guest1321

Welcome, to the NeoGAF 2013 Backlog Blitz!

Last year the awesome Brashnir created the Backlog Blitz allowing us to keep track of our success or lack their of in beating our backlog's. With that, I present you with the 2013 edition.

Simple Rules
  • If you finish a game in your backlog, it counts as +1.
  • If you buy or otherwise acquire a new game, that counts as -1
  • The goal is to have as high a number as possible.

Special Rules
  • Clean Slate - You only count games as a -1 that you bought this year. As of January 1st your total score is reset to zero, any games bought/received prior do not count as a -1, only a +1 if you beat them.
  • Freebies - It has been the consensus after last year that free games (not gifts/presents) count as a +/- 0. They can be included in the thread but please attempt to use something to denote that they were free and do not count as a +/- 1.
  • PS + - This is really the same as freebies, some people liked to mark them different than the freebies though for organization purposes.
  • HD Collections - As agreed upon in last years thread, if you haven't played the game before than the HD collection can count as a +/- 1; however, if you have already played it then it does not count towards your goal.
  • Multiplayer Only Games - It is generally considered okay to consider them beaten once you *feel* you have gotten a full games worth of content.
  • UPDATES - Please update your status with a new post. Updating your old post won't allow your progress to motivate others. Once a game is beaten or once/twice a month seem to be the standard updates, but feel free to do it as you please.

Resources
  • Backloggery - This site is a little more manual but seems to be a GAF favorite. The focus is just on your completion status of the game (Unplayed, Unfinished, Beaten, Completed).
  • HowLongToBeat - This site allows you to enter the amount of time it took to beat the game and can also be used as a reference for how long it may take to beat based on other players results.
  • Davonaytor has offered up some teasers for his Backlogging site. Really looking forward to that! See below, it is looking GREAT!
  • Raptr - This site will track games and achievements across Live, PSN, and Steam. On Live it will track time; however, it does not include a game status (unfinished, beaten, complete, etc...).

2012 Thread Leaderboard
  • stonedwal 41
  • vall03 38
  • Gryphter 23
  • Asparagus 14
  • Netto-Kun 2
  • Brashnir 1
  • guest1321 1
  • Arukado 0
  • Everdred 0
  • TheBigG753 -1
  • stn -3
  • BrokenEchelon -5
  • Blizniak -10
  • CecilRousso -10
  • BarrenMind -14
  • archnemesis -16
  • JacksUsername -16
  • Thores -19
  • IrishNinja -19
  • Jive Turkey -20
  • Glaurungr -28
  • Mit- -29
  • ghibli99 -36

Sample Posts

guest1321

Backloggery

Bought in 2013: 0
Beat in 2013: 0
Current Score: 0

Beaten:

Currently Playing:
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted
  • Forza Horizon
  • NBA 2K13
  • Far Cry 3

Backlog Priorities:
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER
  • Metal Gear
  • Metal Gear 2
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Sly 3: Honor Amont Thieves +
  • Portal 2

Impressions:
N/A

$ - indicates game was purchased in 2013
+ - inidicated game was a PS+ freebie or was free in some other form, no points are awarded to these titles for completion or ownership.

Notes: Let's go 2013!

Grief.exe

I think I'll start posting in this thread this year.

I started on Backloggery a couple months ago to keep track of my total backlog.

http://backloggery.com/Grief_exe

Total:
0 (Clean Slate)

Now Playing:

The Witcher 2 (3rd playthrough so won't count)
Dead Rising 2 (Stupid fun in co-op)
Castle Crashers (Playing through with my gf)
The World Ends With You (90% complete)

Up Next:
Max Payne 3
Hotline Miami

Need to get these done before the 19th so I can participate in the GAF GOTY thread.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
[*] Clean Slate - You only count games as a -1 that you bought this year. As of January 1st your total score is reset to zero, any games bought/received prior do not count as a -1, only a +1 if you beat them.

I wish! I'm already in the hole this year! Last year I did all my Steam sale buying before the new year but it doesn't look I'm so lucky this time around. Fortunately I'm not going to buy that many games this year...Then again I said that last year too.

I draw first blood! First Attack bonus!

I beat a game last night at midnight and decided to wait for this thread rather than post it in last year's. If people don't agree with this, I can delete and start from zero, just mention it.

Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden is beat. This is a free game but I count these as long as I intend to beat them at the time of download. Funny game. The battle system was a little off for me until I got a few levels + party members in. After that, I kinda liked it!

Puts me at +1, for now.

Beat:
1. Barkley, Shut up and Jam: Gaiden (1/4/13)

Bought:

Backlog now at: 21
http://backloggery.com/gryphter

Persona 4 (PS2) is unwrapped, the PS2 is reconnected, and the disc is in. I will be starting it tonight or tomorrow, but that means I won't be updating for a few weeks. This is my most anticipated title out of my entire backlog though. I am going to savor the experience.

I'll give this a go! Sounds like fun.

Total- None

Now Playing:
Persona 3 Portable (Almost done, have to hypergrind for Nyx)
Phantasy Star Portable
BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 (Want to finish all story modes, plus a few medals)
SMT: Devil Survivor

Up Next:
Nothing yet

Thores

I am absolutely down again this year.

Backloggery

Bought in 2013: 3
Beaten in 2013: 1
Current Score: -2

Bought:

Primal Fears- Steam gift from a friend. I'm actually not even sure what this is yet.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch- Collector's Edition, you guys! It looks so nice that I've been afraid to open it.

Fire Emblem Awakening- It took my preorder like a week and a half to show up, but maaaaan the wait was worth it. Already my favorite Fire Emblem, and a contender for my favorite 3DS game thus far.

Beaten:

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS)- This was a cute little experience. I'd say it was worth the $20 I paid for it on Black Friday, but not much more than that.

Currently Playing:

Fire Emblem Awakening- Currently on the (right before Chapter 14)
first set of prologues featuring the main cast's children
. Some of these are really, really hard but I'm so hooked on the fluff attached to them that I'm determined to get through it. I don't really see myself beating or playing any games besides this for the next couple weeks at least.

Negator

Total: 0

Bought:

Beaten:

Now Playing:
Ys: Oath in Felghana
Persona 4 Golden
Gravity Rush (Freebie)
Yggdra Union

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I might possibly have the worst start to 2013 possible: -4 just four days into the year (damn Steam sales). BUT this year is actually going to be great for my backlog since I basically am not interested in any games this year (except The Last of Us), and will instead focus on my massive backlog. I also have no interest in getting next-gen consoles upon release, so I will instead expect a massive clearing of my backlog.

I did go a little crazy over Black Friday (6 games) and the XBL New Years' sale (3 games), but those were before December 31 so I'm in the clear! Unfortunately I did buy 5 games off Steam today (lol), but they cost me a total of $5.73 and are classic point-and-click games (Broken Sword Trilogy and Syberia Collection), so I couldn't really turn them down! I also got a bunch of games free (Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War), so I will play those at some point but won't feel bad if I don't get to them for a while. :)

Anyway here we go:

Backloggery

Completed in 2013: 1
Bought in 2013: 5
Total for 2013: -4

Total games in my backlog: 33

------------------------------

Completed in 2013: 1
  • LIMBO: Woohoo! Bought this in a Humble Bundle many moons ago and finally got around to kicking its butt over the holidays. Great game! A little heavy on the trial-and-error gameplay but a great, short experience overall. 1/2/2013, PC

Bought in 2013: 5
  • Broken Sword
  • Broken Sword 2
  • Broken Sword 3
  • Syberia
  • Syberia 2

Now Playing:
  • Deadlight: Started this a few days ago. I hear it's pretty short so I hope to mop it up quickly. It's been damn fun so far, manages to create tension in a gorgeous, beautifully atmospheric 2D setting.
  • The Walking Dead: Started this yesterday and I can already tell I'm going to finish it over the next few days. Great story and very engaging.
  • Forza Horizon: I actually put a ton of time into this game, but it's just so massive that I haven't beaten it yet. Playing it on and off in between other games.
  • Rochard: I've been at this game for a while now. At the final "level" so I probably have an hour or two of gameplay ahead of me.

Side Games:
  • Borderlands 2: I beat this last year, but I am currently playing through on TVHM and trying to get to level 50. I consider this game "beaten" but I still feel the urge to complete it.
  • Dishonored: I beat this game twice last year (go me!), but I'm on a mission to get all the achievements.

Backloggery

Bought in 2013: 1
Beat in 2013: 1

Bought:
Hotline Miami (PC)

Beaten:
Corpse Party (PSP)

Currently Playing:
Rhythm Thief (3DS)
Zombi U (Wii U)
Hotline Miami (PC)
Sin & Punishment 2 (Wii)
Persona 4 Golden (Vita)

(Basically one title on each of my main systems right now :p )

Impressions:
Corpse Party - WAY more interesting than I thought it was going to be; genuinely frightening story. Totally messed up little game that I really enjoyed playing.

-10 for me? Nah, I definitely landed on a positive score according to my notes. Gotta check my posts in the previous threads.

Might try this thread this year, but I have to change my backlog a bit. Bought several games that I don't care the slightest about I finish or not.

Beaten in 2013: 0
Current Score: -1

Bought:
Far Cry 3 - Just bought it to play as a sandbox title, no real itention to finish it, but let's put it here to start with.

Beaten:
None yet!

Backlog:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC: The Missing Link
Fallout: New Vegas DLC
Spelunky
Trine 2

Had The Last Express as a backlog item in the last thread, but after playing it for about 4-5 hours, I don't care anymore. It's boring.

Currently Playing:
Far Cry 3

teeny

Lets go! Going to participate in this awesome thread properly this year. Hopefully doing this right. Anyway, have a lot of games on the go at once which always makes me nervous, but a lot of them are on the cusp of completion. Currently playing Little Inferno the most, trying to get each combo in order. Weird little game, but its super relaxing to play at night (in bed, on the gamepad). Also have nearly got all of the gold stars in Nintendo Land. There is a surprising amount of content in that game, and all of the attractions have been hits with my family save for the Octopus dancing one.

Totals
Score: -1
Purchased: 2
Finished: 1
Total Spent: £8.99

Currently Queued
Teleglitch
Little Inferno
Nintendo Land
Assassin's Creed III
New Super Mario Bros U
Professor Layton And The Miracle Mask
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
Darksiders
Pullblox
Rhythm Thief And The Emperor's Treasure

January: -1 / £8.99
+ Nano Assault Neo
- Professor Layton And The Miracle Mask (free)
- Little Inferno

18-Volt

Ok, here we go.

Total score: -4 (clean slate)

Bought in 2013:
Lego Lord of the Rings
Lego Batman 2
Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
Hitman Absolution
Unchained Blades (3DS)
Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Finished in 2013
Lego Lord of the Rings (story completed, unlocked most of the stuff but not 100% yet)
Prof. Layton & Miracle Mask

About to finish
Resident Evil 6
Persona 4 Golden

In progress
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III Liberation
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Skylanders Giants
Rune Factory Oceans
Tales of Graces F

mephixto

Banned
Backloggery

Beaten:

Currently Playing:
  • Company of Heores
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
  • The Walking Dead
  • Dishonored
  • Bordelands 2

Awesome, thanks guest1321 for making the new thread!

To kick off 2013:

Backloggery

Bought:
  • Mark of the Ninja

Beaten:
  • Sleeping Dogs

Currently Playing:
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Madden '13
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising

Backlog Priorities:
  • Darksiders II
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Hitman: Blood Money
  • Devil May Cry
  • Devil May Cry 2
  • Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • Bayonetta
  • Okami

Sora_N

Backloggery

Bought in 2013: 46
Beat in 2013: 22
Current Score: -21

Bought:
January:
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (Steam)
  • To The Moon (Steam)
  • Yakuza 3
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia
  • Sonic Generations
  • TERA (Digital)
  • DmC: Devil may Cry
  • Jak & Daxter The Precursor Legacy (PSN)
  • LittleBigPlanet Karting (PSN)
  • The Unfinished Swan (PSN)
  • NiGHTS into dreams (PSN)
  • Jet Set Radio (PSN)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening

February:
  • Ni no Kuni (Wizard's Edition)
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors
  • Spec Ops: The Line (Steam)
  • Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (LE) NULL, traded in on 05/24 without finishing
  • Final Fantasy II (PSP)

March:
  • Atelier Meruru (SOLD 11/19, removed from bought count)
  • Atelier Totori (SOLD 11/19, removed from bought count)
  • Metal Gear Ac!d
  • Kung Fu Rider (PS3)
  • Paper Mario Sticker Star (NULL, traded in)
  • Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
  • Pilotwings Resort

April
  • Samurai Warriors Chronicles (gift)
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  • Lego Batman 2 PS3
  • Pokemon LeafGreen and FireRed (one is null as I'm only planning to go through LeafGreen)
  • Pokemon Emerald
  • Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce (PS3)
  • Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest (PS3)

May
  • Last Window (DS)
  • Batman Arkham City GOTY (PS3)
  • Lego City Undercover (3DS) (Null, was a gift)

June
  • Kamen Rider Battride War

July
  • The Last of Us
  • Time Hollow (DS)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2
  • The Walking Dead 400 Days (PSN)

August:
  • Tales of Xillia
  • Dynasty Warriors 8
  • Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (traded for this so null)

September:
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMix
  • Hot Shots Golf World Invitation Vita

October/November:
  • Lumines Electronic Symphony
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Resident Evil Revelations (3DS)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (NULL, traded in for it)
  • Pokemon X

December:
  • Splinter Cell Blacklist
  • Muramasa Rebirth
  • Lego Lord of the Rings (Vita)
  • Amazing Spider-man, The (Vita)

Beaten:
January:
  • Donkey Kong Original Edition (NES - 3DS)
  • Pokemon White
  • DmC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
March:
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors
  • Ghost Trick
April:
  • Lego Batman 2
  • Dynasty Warriors 7
June:
  • Batman Arkham City: GOTY
  • Harley Quinn's Revenge (counted this separate)
  • Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins
July:
  • The Last of Us
  • The Walking Dead 400 Days (PSN)
September:
  • Foosball Vita
  • Star Wars Pinball Vita
  • Uncharted Golden Abyss Vita
October::
  • Ratchet & Clank (From HD Trilogy)
  • Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
November:
  • Pokemon X
  • Code of Princess
  • DmC: Vergil's Downfall
December:
  • Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations
  • Lumines Electronic Symphony

Currently Playing:

• A fellow gaffer has offered up some teasers for his Backlogging site. Really looking forward to that!

Thanks for remembering :) The site is still coming along.

I should really asterisk this and say my site will have some paid features, but nothing that would cause concern. Everything the backloggery does, plus more will be freely available.

Here's a couple of screenshots:

Just the straight up library view, trying to keep it clean. When you click a game, an edit form extends without loading a new page, and when you submit your changes, there will also be no page reload, just a message saying the entry has been saved.
Tl5HF.png

This is the game adding form. Again, I didn't want the user to have to reload the page every time they wanted to add a game. If you look closely you'll see on the 'System' dropdown, you can start typing the name of the system, and it will sift through and display your results.
YldZP.png

Your profile page, still doing some design work on this one. You'll be able to 'follow' your friends, and when they finish a game, publish a review, complete a goal, or earn a badge, you'll be able to see it in the activity stream
4bPJ7.png

The goals page. Basically you select a game from your library that you want to beat, complete, or just make progress in. Then you set a month/year deadline for the goal. This page still doesn't really look right to me, so it'll probably be a bit different at launch.
Z75AN.png

Here's an example of a user review. I still need to add more formatting and score options to this.
V7j4Q.png

This is the one we're all in this thread for, the backlog score. You can select a year/month combo from the dropdowns in the top right, and check what you've purchased and completed for each month. Don't laugh at my terrible score!! I'll do better this year I promise.
25cRS.png

Arukado

01/22: Mortal Kombat Vita beaten (story mode + the 2 towers). Amazing game, amazing. My first impresion with the vita version was bad (especially with the UI low resolution), in fact, i even deleted the game. A couple of days later i downloaded it again, started the story mode and i haven't stopped playing it since then. 60fps, more content than the "bigger" versions, portability, and yes, graphics are worse, but i think it's worth it. If you can, give it a try.

Now that i don't have university exams in a while, i'm gonna start a couple of games, probably Need for Speed Most Wanted on Vita and Dark Souls on Ps3.
-------------------------
01/06: New gift! NFS Most Wanted Vita, totally unexpected and awesome.
-------------------------
Let's do this (I'll try to reduce my steam backlog this year now that i have a new pc).

Since the beginning of the year i started mortal kombat on the vita thanks to psn+, and i think i will only play this for a while since I have an university exam in 2 weeks and a half. The story mode is so freaking good (my second time through it since i already played the game on ps3).

Purchased in 2013: -2
  • Mortal Kombat (+)
  • Need For Speed Most Wanted (G)
Beaten in 2013: +1
  • Mortal Kombat
Total: -1

Currently Playing:
  • Dead Island GOTY Edition
  • Need For Speed Most Wanted
  • Dark Souls
On Hold: (I'll keep playing them when the time comes)
  • Velocity
  • Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
  • Oblivion GOTY

Thanks guest1321 for the thread!

Sora_N

Question, how do you guys count fighting games? I personally feel that for games with story mode, I will mark as complete once I finish it unless I'm going for Plat or something (I did that with All Stars, but I finished in Dec so it does not count for 2013) or something. I bought Blaz Blue continuum shift extend purely for the story mode, may by P4A for the same.

EDIT: Also multiplayer and puzzle games

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
If a game is bought mainly for non-story elements (multiplayer or practice-based games), then I'll consider them "completed" once I feel like I've played them enough to get my fill. It's up to you really though - are you planning to play the game any more after you've gone through the story mode?

vall03

wow! I can't believe Im second on the leaderboard last year! Anyway, dont think I will reach that high this year due to my resolution of never buying a game unless Im going to play it right away. Add also the fact that I cleared majority of my backlog by either playing them until Im satisfied and/or selling them. I think I can get around +5 to +10 this year and that may even be stretching it. But still, its a good habit to have which Im really glad to have, and its saving me money in the process!

Anyway, Its kinda bad for me. I actually forgot to include a couple games last year which I only received recently and I played and finished right away. I might also receive my copy of Under Defeat HD after a couple of weeks and then next purchase would be Etrian Odyssey IV on Feb. Heres my score so far.

http://www.backloggery.com/vall03

Jan: -2
Otomedius Excellent
Ultimate Shooting Collection

Jan: +2
Otomedius Excellent
Ultimate Shooting Collection

Jan: 0

Purchased: -2
Finished: +2

Total Points: 0

I think I will get in on this since I have way too many games sitting there waiting to be played. This will not keep me from buying new stuff though since I do not want to fall behind with new releases either, so in the end my best hope is breaking even. I am already starting in the hole this year since I leave for a long business trip to the UK in a few weeks so I am stocking up on 3DS games to take along. Hopefully I can beat a few things on my consoles before I leave to help make up for it.

Backloggery Link

Bought in 2013: 4
Current Score: -4

Beaten:

Bought:
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Currently Playing:
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • Bastion
  • Ghost Trick

Netto-kun

So far, so good. As mentioned in the previous thread, I'll focus more on shorter games rather than a bunch of 30+ hours RPGs. Playing the first Trine right now. I'll move over to some whichever short games that are in my Virtual Console backlog.

Backloggery

Games bought in January:

Games beaten in January:
Under Defeat HD: Deluxe Edition (PS3)
Earthworm Jim HD (PSN)
PixelJunk Shooter (PSN)
PixelJunk SideScroller (PSN)
Chindôchû!! Paul no Daibôken (WiiWare)
Contra ReBirth (WiiWare)
GRADIUS ReBirth (WiiWare)
Phalanx (WiiWare)
Sonic Colours (Wii)
Mega Man 10 (WiiWare)
Memories Off 6 ~T-wave~ (iPod Touch)
Donpachi (PS1 Classic)
Critter Crunch (PSN)
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I (PSN)
Mark of the Ninja (Steam)

January
Bought: 0
Beaten: 15
January score: +15

Backloggery
Backlog Status: 37

Beaten:

Coming Soon​

Currently Playing:

• Hotline Miami
  • The Walking Dead Season 1
  • Sound Shapes
  • Ocarina of Time 3DS
  • Outland +
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Forza Horizon
  • Fez
  • Super Brothers: S&S
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Pushmo
Backlog Priorities:

• Halo 4
  • Dishonored
  • Xenoblade
  • MGS HD Collection
Impressions:

Coming Soon​

$ - indicates game was purchased in 2013
+ - indicates game was a PS+ freebie or was free in some other form, no points are awarded to these titles for completion or ownership.

Pumped for this.

@davonaytor, what are you building your site with?

All the backend stuff is written in PHP, using the Symfony2 framework (which is awesome). The html is being preprocessed through TWIG, the stylesheets are written in just straight up CSS (which will be compressed and gzipped when the site goes live), and a whole load of javascript/jquery for asynchronous page loading and animations.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So far, so good. As mentioned in the previous thread, I'll focus more on shorter games rather than a bunch of 30+ hours RPGs. Playing the first Trine right now. I'll move over to some whichever short games that are in my Virtual Console backlog.

Backloggery

Games bought in January:

Games beaten in January:
Under Defeat HD: Deluxe Edition (PS3)
Earthworm Jim HD (PSN)
PixelJunk Shooter (PSN)
PixelJunk SideScroller (PSN)
Chindôchû!! Paul no Daibôken (WiiWare)
Contra ReBirth (WiiWare)
GRADIUS ReBirth (WiiWare)
Phalanx (WiiWare)
Sonic Colours (Wii)
Mega Man 10 (WiiWare)
Memories Off 6 ~T-wave~ (iPod Touch)
Donpachi (PS1 Classic)
Critter Crunch (PSN)
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I (PSN)
Mark of the Ninja (Steam)

January
Bought: 0
Beaten: 15
January score: +15

You beat fifteen games in the past four days?

Damn son.

Bii

I'll jump in. Although I didn't participate in years' past, I did finish 17 games in 2012. My personal goal is to beat more than I did last year and to have my current score at 0 or more. Hopefully I remember to post updates in this thread with my progress.

Bought:
  • Crush 3D - It was only $10 new from GameStop. :/

Beaten:
  • None

Now Playing:
  • New Super Mario Bros. U - I already finished the game; just now trying to collect all the Star Coins.
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Already finished the campaign; currently playing online multiplayer.
  • Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!

Backlog Priorities:
  • Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!
  • ZombiU - Got it as a Christmas gift; will start soon.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
My backlog is insane. Let's see how this goes.

Bought in 2013: 4
Current Score: -4

"Bought":
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Alien Breed 3: Descent
Closure

Now Playing:
Cave Story (Wii)
Alien Breed: Impact
Hotline Miami
Faerie Solitaire
The Walking Dead
Star Wars: The Old Republic (does this sort of thing count?)
also a couple multiplayer shooters

Question, how do you guys count fighting games? I personally feel that for games with story mode, I will mark as complete once I finish it unless I'm going for Plat or something (I did that with All Stars, but I finished in Dec so it does not count for 2013) or something. I bought Blaz Blue continuum shift extend purely for the story mode, may by P4A for the same.

EDIT: Also multiplayer and puzzle games
Most fighting games have some sort of single player campaign and I'll mark them as beaten once I manage to defeat the final boss. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean I'm done playing the game, it's just that I've come far enough to consider it to be beaten. For multiplayer games and puzzle games (in endless mode) I'll just use an arbitrarily cutoff when I think I've experienced enough of it. If I don't enjoy them and quit out of boredom I'll usually leave them as unfinished or NULL instead.

mshlive

My Backloggery - Work in Progress

Current Score: +1

Beaten:

The Walking Dead (360) - 1/1/13

Currently Playing:

Forza Horizon (360)
Playstation AllStars Battle Royal (PSVita)
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

In December I managed to hit 400/400 Gamerscore in Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD (360). I also managed to get my double platinum for Motorstorm RC (PSVita/PS3) and get all the DLC trophies for Sound Shapes (PSVita/PS3). On top of this I also received 6 games for Christmas and made myself a few purchases so my backlog is definitely ready to go for this clean slate.

Since the new year I've completed The Walking Dead (360) for 500/500 Gamerscore and I'm now working on a few different pick up and play games.

PS. I wasn't sure how episodic games work, for example would The Walking Dead Episodes be +1 each or +1 cumulative. I've put +5 for now but i wasn't trying to boost numbers!

Edit. I see everybody else has counted The Walking Dead as 1 rather than 5 so I'll go with that.

Kerrinck

I am in, last year was a disaster for me so hopefully I can fix this.

Beaten in 2013: 1
Current Score: 1

Bought:
Nada

Beaten:
Infamous 2

Currently Playing:
Super Mario 3d Land

zkylon

zkylewd
I'll join this the day there's a way to link your backloggery/whoever with your Steam account.

Just adding hundreds of games takes forever...

Sendou

Time to try this again this year...

Bought: 5
To The Moon
Analogue: A Hate Story
Spec Ops: The Line
Death Rally (2011)
The Cave

Beaten: 8
Primordia
Hotline Miami
Spec Ops: The Line
To The Moon
Analogue: A Hate Story
Death Rally (2011)
Scribblenauts Remix
Mark of the Ninja

Score: 3

Now playing:
Torchlight
The Cave

Impressions
Primordia: One of the most atmospheric games in recent memory. Absolutely loved the setting and characters. Only downside I can imagine is that my natural ability to deal with adventure games is very low so I had to lean on a walkthrough frequently.
Hotline Miami: Simply brilliant. Tad short but a man with notable backlog doesn't complain.
Spec Ops: The Line: Wow. As a shooter it's not bad but I absolutely loved what they did with story and the setting. It's rare that a game like this makes you think but I definitely want to see more like this. Also more games in different places!
To The Moon: Just beautiful game. The gameplay parts are meh but everything else shines. Funny how in a GAME gameplay can be secondary and still that said GAME can be fulfilling.
Analogue: A Hate Story: Yet another story driven game! I even managed to get all the achievements this time. I did enjoy it but coming from To The Moon the writing felt a little sloppier.
Death Rally 2011: Very repetitive but for 0.90€ it does pretty well what it does.
Scribblenauts Remix: Nice snack before Scribblenauts Unlimited unlocks next month but not much else.
Mark of the Ninja: Some dull parts like the challenge rooms but still extremely solid stealth game. Art style is gorgeous.

And davonaytor your site looks great!

JMPerona

Current Score: 1

Beaten:
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (Wii U)

Currently Playing:
God of war HD collection (ps3)
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (NDS)

I'll join this the day there's a way to link your backloggery/whoever with your Steam account.

You don't have to everything at once. Begin adding the games you're currently playing and new games. There are other backlog sites, like PlayFire, that automatically track your progress for some platforms, but as a downside there are always other issues with e.g. missing old/niche titles or difficulty of tracking regions.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

I've been waiting for that feature forever. It'd be great if you could do it for Xbox Live as well.

Question for the thread: Should MMOs or multiplayer only games that you cannot beat be included at all?

Backloggery

Starting in the negative already. Had a 5 dollar credit for EA games from Amazon so picked it up while it was also on sale. Hopefully this doesn't set the trend for the rest of the year, but I'm glad to be participating again. Thanks guest1321 for creating the new thread.

Bought in 2013: -1

Bought
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Beaten:

Currently Playing:
  • The Walking Dead
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Impressions:
N/A

Joining in for the first time. Looks fun and useful. Will update with a backloggery link when it isn't 4:40AM :)

Bought in 2013: -1

Bought:
  • The Walking Dead

Beaten:

Currently Playing:
  • Sleeping Dogs

Possibly Next Up:
  • The Walking Dead
  • Bastion

Netto-kun

You beat fifteen games in the past four days?

Damn son.
I forgot to mention that I was pretty close with finishing some of those games. Mainly:

- Critter Crunch
- Earthworm Jim HD,
- Gradius Rebirth
- Memories Off 6 ~T-wave~
- Chindôchû!! Paul (or Pole) no Daibôken
- Sonic 4

But I still had those games in my backlog for whatever reasons.
laugh.gif

stonedwal

Bought a new graphics card, so I was vulnerable during the Steam sale.

Bought in 2013: -4
Beaten in 2013: +2
Current Score: -2

Bought:
The Walking Dead (PS3)
Back to the Future (PS3)
Spec Ops: The Line (PC)
Hotline Miami (PC)

Beaten:
Capcom vs SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium (PS2)
Half-Life: Blue Shift (PC)

Blue Shift wasn't as average as people made it out to be - certainly not as polished as the original or even Opposing Force, though.

Currently Playing:
Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
Okami HD (PS3)
Dark Souls (PS3)

Hoping to have Far Cry out of the way before I go back to work tomorrow.

zkylon

zkylewd
You don't have to everything at once. Begin adding the games you're currently playing and new games. There are other backlog sites, like PlayFire, that automatically track your progress for some platforms, but as a downside there are always other issues with e.g. missing old/niche titles or difficulty of tracking regions.
Thanks, will try.

I've been waiting for that feature forever. It'd be great if you could do it for Xbox Live as well.

Question for the thread: Should MMOs or multiplayer only games that you cannot beat be included at all?
Playfire seems to track Xbox Live and PSN (I only tried this, since I don't have a 360), but it didn't link with my Steam account for some reason.

Top Bottom