• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2016 TV Show of the Year ~Results!~ (+Fail of the Year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camwi

Count me in as one of the people that loved season two of Mr. Robot, even after hearing that the season was crap compared to the first.

Also, can someone spoil the ending of Penny Dreadful for me and why it was so bad? I made it a couple of episodes into the show before stopping because I thought it was fucking awful, but I'm curious as to what the bad ending was.

hydruxo

I think Stranger Things will be looked back on fondly, but over-rated. It's a good show, but it's mainly fuled by 80's nostalgia. Still need to finish Westworld and Bojack. The Americans had their best season yet. Game of Thrones still continues to be this otherworldly television show, in the same league of Breaking Bad now I think.

No, it's not overrated at all. It's a very well put together show. It flows perfectly from beginning to end IMO. It felt like I was watching an 8 hour movie.

One of my favorite shows I've seen in many years. Loved it.

dakun

yup Stranger Things being no.1 fills me with joy.

I find it fascinating that some think that the positive reception is mainly because of the nostalgia factor. It's so much more than that and it's really underselling the show.

I also expect it to be snubbed by most award shows. Either its because it has kids as the main cast or because it's inspired by other great works of the 80s.
Fucking Crown won a Golden Globes.. It's 37th on this list. That's pretty representative of the disconnect between Hollywood elites and the general public when it comes to taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom