• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2019 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

thelawof4

31189255353_6a3d309b01_o.png

NeoGAF 2019 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)! MAYBE USE THUMBNAILS/SMALLER PICTURES!

Welcome to the NeoGAF tradition! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

Thanks to MarkMan for all of his years of hardwork keeping this thread going! Also thanks to NovumAngel.

In typical fashion, let's reflect on the previous months and post our favorite new pick-ups for the coming months of 2019.

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Last edited:

Shinriji

Let's do this, guys/gals.

f97bcd06a17eeb972d0e12faa5c304cc31af0a61.jpeg

202290849f3188d99d2910812fa367375ec4ee08.jpeg

My brother-in-law left me his NES and some games (including SMB3, Super Dodgeball and Ninja Gaiden) when he went to the US some years ago, and now he found out several other games at his old house and left them With me. Some really good ones in there.

Last edited:
Picked up my pre-order for Resident Evil 2 CE, the statue of Leon was much bigger than I thought it'd be.

XNDMTWV.jpg

Looks like I've committed to a dedicated Resident Evil shelf.

mzrzK94.jpg

Also no idea how to resize these as someone mentioned it in the 2018 Pick Up Thread, not on here or on imgur.

Last edited:
Picked up my pre order for Kingdom Hearts III today, this should be it for awhile atleast until the stuff I ordered from Limited Run Games arrives.

When I went to pick this up today, the kid behind the counter at EB Games asked me if I wanted to do the game play guarantee to protect the disc, cause it was a $100 game and all... I wanted to reach over the counter and show him the 18 or so Benno/ Gnedby shelves on my Instagram that house my gaming collection safely and securely. It just made me think how many unsuspecting suckers he used that line on to get his numbers, from what I understand thats not a criteria that is used to determine their length of employment anymore either.
95t0v9vh.jpg

Last edited:

God Enel

I picked up a pachinko machine last week, I also got a battle counter and a used ball lifter. Will update the picture once I have that all installed.

pachinko1.jpg

Holy shit. This is amazing. If I may ask how much is it? I have no idea how much arcade machines cost

img_20190209_0008069sjq5.jpg

RTX 2060 came in the mail the other day.And my adata 2tb ssd came in today though I didn't take a picture. I'm planning to pick up a dell 1440p/144 hz monitor once I go to best buy. I wasn't sure if I should get the monitor since I don't play competive games. But people on reddit said it fine.

And my Smash Amiibo collection is still up to date! not an easy hunt today. First thing this morning I hit up, Toys R Us, Walmart, BestBuy who all hadn't received any shipments likely due to a random snow storm here in Vancouver. Then I called EB Games, same thing and no shipments received, went in anyways and caught a lucky break when the UPS truck showed up 5 minutes after I walked into EB and was the only customer in the store. Already leveled all three up to lvl 23... quick learners.
hxa0MD5h.jpg

Last edited:
Long story short, the guy needed money fast, only played 2 of the games and bought the console in October last year. 5 physical and 6 digital games with the mint system for only $370. I wasnt gonna pass that deal, even if I get bored Im pretty sure a year later I can sell it for the same price probably. Managed to keep the digital games by swapping emails, changing the password and nickname so now his account is mine. I told him give me 24 hours in which I sold my PS Vita with 2 games for $200 so I just added the difference :) Digital games are:

Celeste
Stardew Valley
Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
Hollow Knight
Golf Story
VS super mario bros

img20190217203334-jpg.1526

Jigsaah

Gold Member
img_20190209_0008069sjq5.jpg

RTX 2060 came in the mail the other day.And my adata 2tb ssd came in today though I didn't take a picture. I'm planning to pick up a dell 1440p/144 hz monitor once I go to best buy. I wasn't sure if I should get the monitor since I don't play competive games. But people on reddit said it fine.

Interested to see how you like the 2060 once you get it all setup. Are you upgrading from something older or is this a fresh build?

klosos

A bit of luck for me, I was speaking to someone at work and mentioned that Bladerunner is one of my favourite films, well he asked me if id like a souvenir magazine from the time of original release, i said yes please. and he gave me this. a 50+ page magazine with photos on set and information about the film.

7tJ1Rrbh.jpg

0V4MLR0h.jpg

My copy of Neonwall - Limited Run Games #211, arrived Friday in the mail and I got a chance to sit down with it today. This game only reaffirms we NEED a Tron VR game. A clever little puzzle game that requires your quick reflexes and quick thinking, glad I decided to order this one on a whim.

ITiKNzKh.jpg

My copy of West Of Loathing - Limited Run Games #011 arrived today, another one I picked up on a whim, despite its simplistic stick figure visuals, don't let this game fool you, I've been playing for about 5-6 hrs now and the whole thing has been pretty brilliant, funny and full of charm. It reminds me of how Stardew Valley hooked me almost right away.

P2qd7b8h.jpg

Interested to see how you like the 2060 once you get it all setup. Are you upgrading from something older or is this a fresh build?
i am slowly upgrading my current system. I have bought a new monitor last month, a mechanical keyboard, and the rtx 2060. Next major upgrade would be when ryzen 3000 comes out. Though I may upgrade my speakers before then,

Mihos

Gold Member
Picked up a few things from an ArcadeExpo

Vay.jpg

Finally found one of these if good condition:
Vectrex1.jpg
Vectrex2.jpg

Holy shit. This is amazing. If I may ask how much is it? I have no idea how much arcade machines cost

They can be a few hundred to a few thousand depending on how old/features etc. This one pre converted and restored was about $1000. The guy I bought it from is in Connecticut and is super cool to work with. Seeing them in motion with all the crazy stuff moving around is mesmerizing.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

Finally got an Ultra Magnus ..wanted an Optimus but they didn't have a leader class one ..

qUqjvlf.jpg

Got this with the Target B2G1 deal but still haven't played it . Now that DMC 5 is out I have a feeling I won't be getting to this in a quite a while . Kinda wish I never opened it ..The date is off because I was going to post it with DMC 5 and Sekiro but just returned DMC 5 and got it for PC instead..
BXiXR6J.jpg

Edit:Just took out Ultra Magnus ..he low key thicc yo..

Last edited:

Yagami_Sama

Now that the country where I live is returning to work again, the post-office finally delivered this :

HFtkwd.jpg

And it will take a while for a few things that I bought on February to arrive here, if things keep like that, will arrive here only by the end of march,

Picked up Yoshi's Crafted World a few days back, to me its had a few little throwbacks to Yoshi's Island so far, for a completionist this game will present some replay value, great presentation, easy controls. April/ May is looking like a Days Gone CE and then a slough of new PSVR content in May.

LxmMfE2h.jpg

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to wait till this was cheap but caved in as I just fancy playing an AC game at the moment :messenger_smiling:

I caved and got No Man's Sky for the PSVR update, got a decent deal too $29.99 CAD new. I also added Vault Tec Girl to my collection, pre-ordered her awhile back, never got a call, saw her at a different EB Games.

Also paid off my Day's Gone CE, pre-ordered Blood & Truth as well as Everybody's Golf VR (yup its a separate game, no free update to add VR support)

mrRfwd6h.jpg

ac2FUeph.jpg

Top Bottom