• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 3.0 Feature Update

Shifty

Man, I really fucking hate the inline spoilers. I don't see what the benefit is. Instead of seeing a spoiler button, which I could unfold, now I just get the entire length of the spoiler turned into a blurred out mess. It's very visually distracting I think.
Being able to spoiler something without a line break blowing out your layout is nice, but I do think the visual effect could use higher contrast or sharper edges.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
By the way, Palliasso Palliasso , how's the development going with the ability to gift NeoGAF Gold? Haven't heard about it in a while, so curious if there's any updates on that.

This is definitely something we still have in the works. The issues we're running across (and the reason it hasn't been deployed yet) is for fringe cases like "What do we do when someone gifts NeoGAF Gold to a user who already subscribes?" or "this person already bought a year of GAF Gold, now someone is gifting them another year" scenarios. We need to be sure that we can reliably extend the user's expiration date in those cases while also communicating that to our payment provider so that person's card doesn't get auto-charged.

Stay tuned!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Is there anyway to move Watched Threads further to the left or somehow consilidate how much is on the menu bar right now? Zooming in to make the website readable is causing Watched Threads to be pushed off. There's a lot of dead space to the right of the NeoGAF symbol. Could that be used to display the Streams, Giveaways, and Discord?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Is there anyway to move Watched Threads further to the left or somehow consilidate how much is on the menu bar right now? Zooming in to make the website readable is causing Watched Threads to be pushed off. There's a lot of dead space to the right of the NeoGAF symbol. Could that be used to display the Streams, Giveaways, and Discord?
I have the same problem and that's why i want a button of watched thread here:

I have a suggestion, please add a watched threads button in this blank space;

please.png

Nymphae

Banned
Does anyone else use Ublock?

I'm not sure if you can do this with other apps/methods/whatever, but when I go to a website on desktop now, I can right click anything on the page, and there is a menu item for Ublock - hide element. This hides the element persistently across sessions so you only need to do it once per thing you want removed, per domain I think. It's a godsend for those little side bar social media things that can often cover up content you want to read or just be very visually distracting.

I am addicted to this now, it can really clean up some sites. This is my Gaf front page

mnG2hQ6.png

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
can we get an obvious way to get to the last page of a thread on mobile

also when are we going to have the option to upload images from mobile

and can we get the option to change themes from the side bar

and can i the text under my name removed please

Last edited:

Fake

I've being running into some problems on my smarthphone.
- Xperia M4 Aqua
- Firefox Focus
Using the 'Classic Dark Theme'
When I try to login in mobile, sometimes the follow error appears:
'Ops' 'refresh for security'
Sometimes the ring icon of alert don't show me people who quote me. Happens in both mobile and notebook.

Night.Ninja

Banned
can we get an obvious way to get to the last page of a thread on mobile
also when are we going to have the option to upload images from mobile

and can we get the option to change themes from the side bar

and can i the text under my name removed please

ALso can the themes not save separate for mobile and pc

On pc I like the classic on mobile I prefer the modern theme

Last edited:
I want to ask about a few things.

I used to get updates when I got a response from other members but I cannot seem to see them on my Phone anymore, has my settings defaulted to not obtaining them?

The threads seem to hang when you go into them and can stop the browser itself.

My phone is a Samsung S7 Edge on Chrome if that helps.

I hope it helps in feedback. :)

HoodWinked

I'm seeing a weird issue on chrome mobile browser its causing severe freezing. Even in desktop mode its has the same freezing issue. However if I sign out or view in incognito the site loads without any issue.

HoodWinked

Per my previous post, after getting fed up with the horrible performance and freezing I downloaded the mobile chrome beta and it's much better. Also discovered there are some really neat chrome beta features.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Not sure where to post this but is there ever gonna be a thing where we get a notification for being mentioned in an edited post? @Whataburger made a beautiful post for me that I almost didn't see because of no notification. It's happened before too. I think it's after somebody posts then edits their post to include a quote or @.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah edited posts don't come up sometimes. I was quoted a few times before and didn't see them until way later.

Mista

Banned
Not sure where to post this but is there ever gonna be a thing where we get a notification for being mentioned in an edited post? @Whataburger made a beautiful post for me that I almost didn't see because of no notification. It's happened before too. I think it's after somebody posts then edits their post to include a quote or @.
Yeah edited posts don't come up sometimes. I was quoted a few times before and didn't see them until way later.
I think this issue isn’t from gaf but from the forum build itself. Even other forums suffer from the same thing whenever someone quotes another in an edited post

Xenon

I'm on android, is there a reason some thread titles have a much larger font? Just curious since 2 our three always seem larger.

There's a thread title: Megadrive/Genesis Mini.......it has a very different color (beige) when I was browsing. I absolutely love this color. Its so much easier on my eyes & others too when reading and scrolling this board. Not so blinding!!!

Can/will you consider adding this style color (beige) pretty please? Thanks!

Styles:

Classic Light theme
Classic Dark theme
Classic Beige theme

Modern Light theme
Modern Dark theme
Modern Beige theme

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Posted this in the GAF 2.0 Error thread as well:

I’ve been having an issue since last night where GAF gets stuck in a loading loop on Safari mobile and I can’t access the sight at all. It works fine on Chrome mobile though. This is a new bug as the site has been slick and speedy on Safari up until now.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
9B0HdVX.png

When did you guys add the mega phone thing? It is neat.

Stimpak

Agreed. If it's a reaction, it's YOUR reaction, which is something that I really like about the "triggered" emoticon. If you use it, you're essentially admitting that a post made you angry, which could even be seen as a win for the person you're replying to. It's not a dislike reaction, and I like that.

Because of this, I think it's better to use humorously rather than seriously.

Why not both?

mrqs

I was searching around for an live updater extension for neogaf threads. Couldn't find anything.

So it became a paid feature? There's no way to use live thread here?

Top Bottom