• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEOGAF - A Data-Driven View

dr_octagon

Banned
Why not do gaming side as well?
There's a gaming side?
waynes world clarity GIF

dr_octagon

Banned
Are you able to filter by references to food and drink per post?

I'm a professional white hat coder, legit. You can just write 'Sudo' to work it all out. For instance

Sudo
Send Message to Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT
'Buy oranges'
End Sudo

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Are you able to filter by references to food and drink per post?

I'm a professional white hat coder, legit. You can just write 'Sudo' to work it all out. For instance

Sudo
Send Message to Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT
'Buy oranges'
End Sudo
Lol I have no idea what you mean and feel that I may have stumbled into an inside joke of some kind

To answer your question, I could, if only Evilore would give me the keys to that sweet, sweet server-side data. I'd LOVE to look at posting/reaction score rates over time as well as do natural language processing on comments to better understand what drives engagement. We could get insights like "Utterance of the phrase 'orange juice' results in summoning 3.5 Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT 's (on average)."

Edit: Didn't mean to imply that getting that data was a reasonable request or anything!

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
In all seriousness, AJUMP23 might be one of the most engaging users, as his reaction score is like 131%. On a board that isn't exactly blazing fast with the frequency of new threads these days, that in my mind is a far more compelling metric to use for gauging a single member's, err, engageability? Is that a real word?
I hear you. Doing the best with the data I've got. Problems are: 1) users who started posting before reactions were a thing and 2) data gathering is basically real-time at about 5 seconds per user, and there are about 600,000 users, based on the number of user URL IDs

Now if I had server-side data, it'd be a different story

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I hear you. Doing the best with the data I've got. Problems are: 1) users who started posting before reactions were a thing and 2) data gathering is basically real-time at about 5 seconds per user, and there are about 600,000 users, based on the number of user URL IDs

Now if I had server-side data, it'd be a different story

Yea I get ya, it would be easier if it were some kind of platform with an open API. Wish you the best! This thread is really cool regardless.

Top Bottom