• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gusto5

Neo Member
gkrykewy said:
I would totally love to mod my 360 TE for Wii CC compatibility. Have people done this? Is there a fairly straightforward solution that would cost less than buying a TvC Wii stick?

It'll require gutting out a classic controller and soldering it in a piggyback fashion to your current TE setup. Alternatively you could also run both the 360 PCB already present and the classic controller off a cthulhu board and add the additional connector for the unique wiimote connector.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
So yea, with the release date of Super Street Fighter IV announced (April 27th)... Looks like you should know when to expect the Super Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition "S" to hit stores (a few weeks before game launch).

<3

Sagitario

MarkMan said:
So yea, with the release date of Super Street Fighter IV announced (April 27th)... Looks like you should know when to expect the Super Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition "S" to hit stores (a few weeks before game launch).

<3

Get CDUniverse to carry your sticks! :mad:

vocab

So, does PS3 TE sticks not work on windows 7 64 bit at all? I mean, I know about the Nforce driver problem, but I'm on my new Intel chipset build, and nothing, it doesn't work.

NeoGIF

MarkMan said:

<3

And how much longer until you guys show off the final products? :D

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Random PS3 SFIV TE question - when it was released, you couldn't use the stick for PS2 titles. Was support ever patched in since then through a firmware update?

vocab said:
So, does PS3 TE sticks not work on windows 7 64 bit at all? I mean, I know about the Nforce driver problem, but I'm on my new Intel chipset build, and nothing, it doesn't work.

The PS3 stick has some weird probs... Not sure what it is, but apparently adding a certain PCI USB card works. I think it was the SRK forums that was discussing which PCI card works... Sorry I don't have a link.

I'm gonna try to give my Wii SE Fightstick a classic controller makeover so it kinda looks like this... design wise anyway.

ccpro09sm.JPG

The plan is to white it all out and throw in some clear Seimitsu pushbuttons for the bottom four and plain whites for the top. I'm also going to throw in an LS-56. What do you think?

donkey show said:
I'm gonna try to give my Wii SE Fightstick a classic controller makeover so it kinda looks like this... design wise anyway.

ccpro09sm.JPG

The plan is to white it all out and throw in some clear Seimitsu pushbuttons for the bottom four and plain whites for the top. I'm also going to throw in an LS-56. What do you think?
That's a cool idea. Keep us posted.

Do PS-14-KN and PS-14-GN feel the same though?

The only Seimitsu buttons I have used are PS-14-G (HRAP EX-SE) and PS-14-KN (skeletons in my custom and ex2 mod) and the two feel radically different. The PS-14-G isn't nearly as convex as the KNs and has an almost flat top. The switches seem more resistant on the Gs as well.

My only concern for your project is if the GNs are the same as the Gs except for the fact they screw in, it would be kinda awkward to have two sets of different feeling buttons on the same stick.

vocab

vazel said:
It's a HID compatible joystick it should work.

Doesn't register anything.

Prototype-03 said:
The PS3 stick has some weird probs... Not sure what it is, but apparently adding a certain PCI USB card works. I think it was the SRK forums that was discussing which PCI card works... Sorry I don't have a link.

It's a chipset conflict, which my new build avoids. The PC support for these sticks are horrible.

_dementia said:
That's a cool idea. Keep us posted.

Do PS-14-KN and PS-14-GN feel the same though?

My only concern for your project is if the GNs are the same as the Gs except for the fact they screw in, it would be kinda awkward to have two sets of different feeling buttons on the same stick.
I have KNs on my Pedostick and GNs on my Amazon HRAP and 360 TE and there is a slightly different feel between the two. I felt the GNs felt smoother than the KNs from my experience, but since this is primarily for TvC, I'm only going to be primarily using one row.

I'll probably go bat top on this as well.

Rufus said:
Sounds good so far. Might still turn out kinda boring.

If it does, Pedobear can always find his way back into the design. :lol

donkey show said:

ccpro09sm.JPG

Would you use solid white or clear white plunger GNs for the top row? They still look like solid white, for the most part, and you could make the cutouts for the button labels just the same as the CC. And, just out of curiosity, why the LS-56 rather than an LS32? The harness in the SE fits the LS-32 perfectly fine and would be less work than the 56.

hikarutilmitt said:
Would you use solid white or clear white plunger GNs for the top row? They still look like solid white, for the most part, and you could make the cutouts for the button labels just the same as the CC. And, just out of curiosity, why the LS-56 rather than an LS32? The harness in the SE fits the LS-32 perfectly fine and would be less work than the 56.
I was thinking about that too with the clear whites but I don't really want spend the money on it yet. We'll see though since I have a couple spare GNs lying around.

As for the LS-56, it's as _dementia says. It's really a preferential thing as I do have an LS-32 in my Pedostick and LS-56s in my Amazon HRAP and 360 TE. I just like the way it feels over the 32 and a modded JLF.

Rufus said:
Pedobear on an essentially Wii themed Stick? I think that might be pushing it. :lol

E for Everyone. :D

So I looked through my stash of parts laying around and I found some white GNs and an LS-56 I bolted to a random JLF plate. Everything fit just fine in the Wii SE.

2010janpickup07.jpg

2010janpickup08.jpg

Feels sooooo good now.

taku

So I finally removed the temporary solution of fabric on my TE and replaced it with real art as well as an extended plexi which I ordered from Art's Hobbies (great service!).

Old temporary solution with fabric:

3406653572_eaa49c377d_o.jpg

New:

4311713502_c667a72d9b_o.jpg

4310977449_d7b5331426_o.jpg

All I need to do now is use that white vinyl dye I bought a while ago and spray the whole stick white as well as switch the black shaft to a white one, I guess..

gamefan said:
Can anyone recommend a good stick for MAME PC. A 8 way stick with an octagonal gate.
The only consumer stick I can think of the ships with an Octagonal gate out of the box and is PC-compatible is Hori's Otomedius Hyperstick Pro for the 360. It's expensive, scarce, and only has 4 face buttons though.

Just purchase an HRAP3 (sale price of $69.99):
http://www.japanvideogames.com/Hori-Real-Arcade-Pro-3-Joystick-p/ps3-873124001822.htm

and install a Sanwa GT-Y octagonal gate from gamingnow.net or lizardlick.com.

TE is another very good alternative but you won't be able to get it for that cheap.

SmokyDave

toneroni said:
its a decent stick for casual use. Have not tried it with SF4 but its pretty solid for Tekken. I'm not sure but £130 seems a bit high? (i'm from the US and don't know the conversion rates well)
Noisepurge said:
It´s decent but the parts are still cheapish Hori parts. The wirelessness is nice but the battery life sucks. I would not pay more than 50£ for one to be honest...
Thanks for the impressions guys. I went out and bought one anyway because I was going to buy Tekken 6 regardless and the box was just too enticing. Oh well, another one to throw on the Arcade Stick pile!

So, I'm lead to believe that modding a PS3 Madcatz TE stick for PS3 and 360 use is pretty much not possible due to the security and stuff, right?

I have a custom built from scratch 360 stick and a TE for PS3 but I'd like to use both interchangeably.

SonOfABeep said:
So, I'm lead to believe that modding a PS3 Madcatz TE stick for PS3 and 360 use is pretty much not possible due to the security and stuff, right?

I have a custom built from scratch 360 stick and a TE for PS3 but I'd like to use both interchangeably.

You can mod the PS3 TE with a hacked 360 pcb and imp switch. It's a little more annoying, and I assume you will still have issues with it on PCs? Dunno. I would just get rid of the PS3 stick and buy a 360 TE and chimp board.

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
You can mod the PS3 TE with a hacked 360 pcb and imp switch. It's a little more annoying, and I assume you will still have issues with it on PCs? Dunno. I would just get rid of the PS3 stick and buy a 360 TE and chimp board.
I think it's easier the other way around. Get a 360 TE and throw a Cthulu board on there.

Stabby McSter said:
I think it's easier the other way around. Get a 360 TE and throw a Cthulu board on there.

Using a chimp rather than a cthulhu eliminates the need for the imp and holding a button down to choose the correct system.

noisome07

Banned
_dementia said:
MarkMan, when is the finished Tech Talk podcast going up?

ShinJN talked about it last night during their stream and said it's pretty much on hold for now since they've both been pretty busy as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom