• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF are you still playing Ghost Recon Wildlands today? Is it worth buying today?

So I noticed that on the PS Store, Ghost Recon Wildlands is on sale (base game is $15, Ultimate is $35) and I was considering buying it.

I think when it launched years ago, I was into Siege heavy and didn't feel like splitting time. Never had interest in the Division.

My question is are you still playing it? I would be purchasing on PS4, how many of PS4 GAF is still playing? I would like 3 other players to play with. I've waited this long, should I just skip it? Is it playable/enjoyable playing solo? Is the Season Pass worth getting.

I am PS4, East Coast.

Stuart360

Hard to say. I really liked the game when it first released, but i went back to it after playing and loving Division 2 because i wanted a similar fix, and the game sucked.
It hasnt held up well imo, and some of the gameplay feels off after coming from Division.

Hard to say. I really liked the game when it first released, but i went back to it after playing and loving Division 2 because i wanted a similar fix, and the game sucked.
It hasnt held up well imo, and some of the gameplay feels off after coming from Division.
I have done the same with other games and found I didn’t like them as much.

Thanks for the response. I am still playing Days Gone so not too much in a rush to buy something new.

bobone

I love wildlands. Played on ps4 with friends and solo on pc. But i find it hard to recommend. It's like far cry mixed with a milsim.

Its exactly Far Cry + Mil Sim, which for me and my friends was perfect. I had an amazing time playing it when it came out. There is a touch of realism that is missing from most shooters, but just enough BS to be enjoyable with friends.

If you're able to find another person to consistently play with then 100% get it.

I think it's a great game but has a lot of issues that hold it back, namely in the AI department. The fact that they're improving stealth gameplay (and by extension, AI) in Breakpoint tells me that they've paid attention to the complaints of players who have that play style.

You can skip the DLC, though.

I prefer playing solo and the game is balanced for COOP with friends. The COOP AI is absolutely stupid. If this is the path they think works best for Ghost Recon, then I hope they’ll come out with a Splinter Cell game soon.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Wildlands showed potential, check your inbox for username exchange OP, no matter how good gamers are at this game in pvp everyone has a chance, that's the beauty of it's MP.

I picked it up recently for free and found it to be a bit meh. Performance wasn't all that great either on PC. Ended up uninstalling it with less than an hour of playtime.

Last edited:

bucyou

I wanted to get back into it after the updates. I usually only play after 10 or 11pm EST when the kids are asleep and wife passes out if you want to squad up

MDSLKTR

I actually sold it yesterday because ebgames had a trade in promo. If you played one ubisoft game you played them all. The whole time I was playing it I tought my time would be better off spent on mgs5 or just cause.

I actually just got through the entirety of Wildlands' Guerilla Mode with my buddies. It was the most fun I've had with a horde mode since gears 3 and now I'm debating starting the campaign on Ghost Mode.

renzolama

It's wholly dependent on how much you like the ubisoft open world formula. Wildlands is the most ubisoft game I can think of from their recent offerings. I can't remember a single experience from it that stood out as being different or especially exciting vs any other activity in the game, it just felt like a checklist of 5-7 activities that you repeat across a giant map. If you enjoy the gameplay of those 5-7 activities then you'll definitely get a lot of comfy gaming time with it, but I could never stand to play it longer than 30-45 mins because it felt so utterly repetitive.

It also seems like it might be the classic 'fun with friends!!!!' game where people think it's a great game because they had fun with their friends playing it, which really just means they have fun hanging out with their friends.

Last edited:

anthraticus

Banned
Exactly. If a campaign can't stand on it's own and you need your friends to be with you to 'have fun', got some news for you...it ain't any good.

And fuck Wildlands. Still playing the original Ghost Recon though with this great Heroes Unleashed mod.

Last edited:

Zannegan

*WORDS OF A DESPERATE, LONELY INDIVIDUAL NOT WORTH REPEATING HERE*
What, it wasn't enough for you to commit account suicide in dramatic fashion only once? Or did you just get lonely over at Era?

Nothing to see here folks. The only question is, is this the actual account holder or someone who was hacked?

EDIT: Thanks mods.

Last edited:
I like that you can get any weapon regardless of your level, although it does mean you can get some of the best guns really early on. Tier One mode forces you to keep upping the difficulty and makes sure it's challenging, plus the predator mission.

Cranberrys

I had a blast with Wildlands on X, played it mostly solo, amazing game. Then again, I'm a huge fan of the Ubi formula so… Your appreciation of Wildlands will greatly depend of how you feel about Ubi games.

trikster40

If you have 1-3 friends to play through the whole game coop., yes it’s absolutley worth buying and playing.

If you plan on playing solo, nope.

I still play it a few times a month. It's a good time even just to kill a few hours. Much much better if you can play with buddies, but I'll throw it on and listen to a podcast too if none of my buddies want to play.

_RT_

Haven't played this is a while (started Zelda BOTW) but I'd love to hop back in again. Should have some time Friday night.
I'll add people.

AlphaMale

I love it. I didn't buy it when it first came out, either, as I had so many other games I was already playing. However, I've sunk many, many hours into this game. It's a lot of fun, but can be *very* hard; especially if you are playing co-op without a full team. For some reason, if you play co-op, ALL teammates must be PCs. So, if you only have 2 people playing co-op, it just becomes a team of 2 versus the world....and that can be very HARD.

_RT_

Schnap. 20+ gig update. That's how long it's been.
Still going to be online for a bit once it loads. RT_Boston if interested. PSN.

MB1

Banned
The story was probably one of the worst from Ubisoft. If you’re a completionist Trophies/Achievements are insanely glitchy.
It seems like that has been fixed. I competed a region that was glitched (never received the intel) , life happened, reinstalled the game and the region was reset to be completed.

Strider311

Personally, I felt like the stealth mechanics were completely broken and sucked most the fun right out of the game. I love me some stealth games. This game does not do it right. The AI is bad in that it is unrealistically aware, if that makes sense. This goes for sneaking, driving, flying a helicopter, etc. They just detect you too fast and suddenly everybody knows where you are.

Maybe I just need to git gud, but I’ve never had issues with stealth games before.

Top Bottom